Fan Fiction ❯ A Bloody Jewel ❯ Part Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Bloody Jewel

Part Four

By Tanya Nonsutoppo

It was night now, the starry skies were cloudless and the moon was visible through the trees from the street. The street had one person on it though, one person who destroyed the beauty of the night. It was the same man who had attacked Jewel. He looked up at Porter's mansion, remembering the sight of Porter running with the girl into there. He climbed the gate silently and snuck inside. He slowly found his way to Porter's room and thought as he stood outside the door, "… She must be in here… Where the hell else would he have her…?" he muttered. He quickly got quiet though when he heard Porter stir. He heard nothing more so he opened the door cautiously and looked in, sure enough, there they were. Jewel asleep on the bed with Porter asleep next to with just his head on the bed. He grinned, "Hehe… easy…"

Jewel heard him say that and opened her eyes, seeing him, she made a small, scared sound as she tried to wake Porter, he woke up finally and looked at her, "… What is it Jewel…?" he asked, then he saw the other man, "I see…" he stood up and faced him, "Who are you and why are you here?" he demanded.

"I am Bruce and I'm here to finish something I started… you just stay outta the way if you wanna live to see tomorrow…" the man answered flatly, as if trying to drop the subject.

Porter frowned, "What job!? I demand you answer me this second!" he ordered, placing a hand on the hilt of the sword that he wore in his belt.

Bruce pointed to Jewel, "If you must know, that one… she's half dead and it's my job to put her out of her misery!" he said gruffly, about to hit Porter away from the bed. Porter had his sword up in time to stop Bruce and gave him a rather large cut on his arm.

"I refuse to let you harm her in any way!" he stated daringly, glaring at Bruce.

"So be it… Your body will be found next to hers by morning… It won't be a very pretty sight for whoever the hell works for you!" Bruce concluded arrogantly, holding his arm where it had been cut and was bleeding freely.

"We'll just have to see… You won't hurt her as long as I'm around… That's for sure…" Porter stated as he readied his sword.

Bruce smirked, "Ah, love… Wanna know what I think of it!? THIS!" with that he punched Porter fiercely in the stomach, causing Porter to be sent flying, with a grunt his head hit the wall. Bruce walked to him, Porter quickly swung his sword at the brute and gave him a second scar to wear on his face. Bruce kicked Porter in the side hard, "Just give up!" he shouted.

Porter glanced at Jewel, and saw how scared she looked, "Don't worry Jewel… He won't lay a hand on you…" he assured her, his sword was at Bruce's neck now even though Porter himself was still down and half-leaning against the wall.

Bruce smirked and grabbed the sword by the blade, then skillfully twisted it out of Porter's grip and shoved it into his stomach, "Die ya stupid lover-boy…" he muttered as he started to walk to the bed, pulling out his knife as he did.

Jewel tried to hide under the covers, neither her nor Bruce noticed as Porter pulled the sword out of himself. With a grunt Porter shoved it into Bruce's foot, causing it to bleed and give way under him.

"Never… I'll never let you near her as long as I'm here to stop you…" he muttered. His voice was weak but there was a determination in his voice that made him sound loud enough to be heard by both Jewel and Bruce, who was now on one knee nursing his injured foot.

"You… Damn you…" Bruce said as he punched Porter hard in the head, forcing him to quiet and his head to bleed.

Jek and Nan had meanwhile run in from being awakened by the commotion and Jek held a gun cocked and ready; "What's going on in here!?" Jek demanded as he looked Jewel, Porter, and Bruce over, he pointed his gun at Bruce, "I'll give you ten seconds to tell me why you're here and who you are!" Bruce stared a second at him before jumping out the window, breaking the glass. Jek ran to the window and shot at Bruce until he was gone from sight, "There… He's gone now…" he said, turning to the others, "Nan, you make sure the girl is alright, I'll help Mr. McKain…" Jek put his gun down on the floor and unbuttoned Porter's shirt to examine his injuries.

Nan was already checking on Jewel as she announced "Da gal's fahn… jus sceared… luks lahk Pohtah wa' relly putt'n ahp a faht fo 'er…" she looked at Jek and Porter, "Haw's Pohteh?" she asked worriedly.

"Looks like a huge, bloody bruise on his stomach and an injury to his head..." he answered, about to go get bandages and something to clean Porter's injuries with.

Porter suddenly jumped up, holding his stomach, and looked at Jewel, "Jewel…!" he exclaimed, obvious concern in his voice. His head injury was bleeding into his eye and he saw red through it, but he saw Jewel clearly through the other eye. He saw she was alright and let out a sigh of relief, "Good… He didn't get her…" he mumbled as Jek got him to sit and lean against the wall.

"Just calm down Mr. McKain… That man, whoever he is-…"

"Bruce… He said his name is Bruce…"

"He didn't get near her… He ran off as soon as he saw that I had a gun…"

"Thank God…" Porter muttered as he slowly fell asleep from exhaustion. Jek looked at Nan and gave her a knowing look then nodded. She nodded back at him before going to get the bandages and something to clean Porter's injuries with.