Fan Fiction ❯ A Broken Heart Game ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN- This will be a Meru/Lloyd story and although it might have angst, romance, fantasy I pretty sure it'll make a good one. Anyways I hope you guys like this I thought it up while reading another LOD story.

 

Prologue

 

Meru bounced happily as her father told her to close her eyes, doing as she was told she heard something being placed in front of her.

 

'You can open your eyes now.'

 

Doing so, Meru squealed with joy as she saw the video game that had been placed in front of her, Legend Of The Dragoon.

 

'Thank you so much daddy! Wow I never heard of this one, is it new?'

 

'Yes it is, the man selling it said it was bound to lead you to adventure and that no refunds would be necessary. I told him I had a daughter with blue hair and that was adventure enough for me,' pausing to laugh he coughed and continued as Meru threw a glare his way,...'but he insisted so I bought it. I hope you like it now go up to your room and enjoy.'

 

Smiling Meru nodded her head eagerly, and ran up to her room plugging in the game with ease. Turning it on she waited silently as the introduction came on, as soon as START came up on the screen she clicked 'x' on her control pad.

 

She had just started playing when the screen had suddenly gone blank, banging her fist against the side of the television. Groaning, Meru then began muttering something about boot-legged games.

 

'Why does this always happen to me!?'

 

She was just about to hit the side of the screen again when it was frozen by an invisible force, trying to move it she tried shaking her body around only to realize after a few moments that she couldn't move at all. Opening her mouth she tried screaming but no sound came out. All went black for Meru a few moments later.

 

'It has begun...' could be heard but one that were to hear it would not know where it had come from. The only hint that lay in the room could be the now blank television screen.

 

/This is a story of how she learned to love and lose only to realize that learning to lose love could have been the biggest mistake of her life or was it?/