Fan Fiction ❯ A Camping We Will Go! ❯ Lake Hylia, Here We Come! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A-Camping We Will Go!

A/N: Sorry about the long wait for my other story, Link, Zelda and... Someone Else. I promise, as soon as I finish Chapter Eight I'll upload. I have no idea when that may be, but I assure you that I'll have it up sometime in the next... week?

CHAPTER ONE -- Lake Hylia, Here We Come!

(Scene: Where we last left everyone. The Sages (sans Ruto, who was not invited) are discussing the consequences of letting their guards down while Ganondorf has still just entered the Sacred Realm. Or because the author is always... watching...)

(Link and Zelda sit off in a corner, eating cookies and watching the Sages discuss.)

Link: [in a bored tone] When d'ya think they'll be done?

Zelda: [same tone] I dunno... I guess when they decide that your idea's actually a good one for once...

Link: You know, if you read the last chapter, you'll see that it was Nab's idea, not mine.

Zelda: Oh yeah. Seemed too good to be true.

Nabooru: [glances over her shoulder at the two]

Impa: [talks to Darunia, then laughs]

Darunia: [adjusts his wristbands]

Rauru: [scratches butt, then says something to Saria]

Saria: [having a hard time staying in the group, since the others shift around every so often]

Rauru: [as the Sages step onto their designated panels] We've come to a vertict. We will go with you; on one condition.

Link and Zelda: [simoultaneously] What?

Saria: [yells from the green panel] That you give us free food for a year for saving your butts!

Nabooru: [quickly covers Saria's mouth]

Rauru: [rolls eyes] You have to promise that we'll all get out of these farkin' clothes for... how long will we be there?

Link: [shrugs] I was thinkin', maybe a week?

Rauru: [looks sternly at Link] Not including the arriving or leaving days?

Link: A full week and half of two days.

Rauru: [sighs in relief, then turns back to the others] We don't have to wear the outfits!

Other Sages: WOO-HOO!! [give each other high-fives and cheer]

Zelda: Soooo... When do we leave?

Link: Right away! [runs over to the middle of the Sage Circle, where they are preparing to warp to Lake Hylia] Come on, Zelly!

Darunia: Don't you want your luggage first, Link?

Link: [scoffs] I'm a video game character; I'm pretty resourceful. [pulls out the Trunks of Time for a moment]

Impa: Oooh, he IS resourceful.

--Commercial Break--

Announcer: Now, for our shameless movie give-aways section.

From the writer/director M. Night Shyamalon, comes a new horror of epic proportions...

Guy #1: [in a cop suite] We've always had a gentle understanding with the creatures that live outside our borders.

Guy #2: [in a sailor suite] What about those strange marks on our doors?

Guy #1: They may be trying to warn us...

Guy #3: [in a biker suite] Mine's a Y!

Guy #4: [in a construction-dude suite] I've got an M!

Guy #2: There's a C on my door!

Guy #1: Yes, and I've got an A...

Guy #4: Oh my God! They're not trying to warn us! They're trying to party with us!

Announcer: M. Night Shyamalon's The Village... People.

(YMCA plays in the background)

--Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Program--

(Scene: The Sages are about to warp themselves and Link to Lake Hylia. Zelda stands off to the side, preparing her own suitcase.)

Rauru: [holds up hands all dramatically and such] Light...

Saria: [ditto] Forest...

Darunia: [ditto] Fire...

Impa: [ditto] Shadow...

Nabooru: [ditto] Spirit...

Link: Are you sure using your powers like this isn't against the Sage Rules?

Sages: [stop] Huh?

Link: [pulls out a fancy-looking book, with a Triforce symbol on it] Paragraph twenty-four, page twelve, chapter one - Sages of any kind shall not use their powers for their own gain.

Rauru: ...Ah, to heck with the rules! I wanna go on vacation!

Other Sages: Yeah!

(Scene: Lake Hylia. There is a bright flash of white light, and the Sages, along with Link, appear in the middle of the immediate area. Everyone is carrying a suitcase.)

Link: [now in the Trunks of Time, and he suavely dons the Ray-Bans of Time]

Rauru: [in a tourist-like Hawaiian shirt, with white pants, a visor and a camera] Ahh... I haven't been on vacation in sooooo long...

Saria: [now in a green one-piece swimsuit, and light-green shorts] How long is that?

Rauru: About five-hundred years...

Darunia: [in his usual no-clothes look, the only thing he has on are a few wristbands] Feel that sun... Okay, I need shade now.

Impa: [in a blue blouse and white shorts with a blue visor] I haven't seen open spaces in so long... Being cooped up in that courtyard for about five years, so Zelda could plot her crazy little schemes...

Nabooru: [in a bikini the same shade as her pants, she holds a hand over her eyes, looking around] Whoa... Looks lots different from Gerudo Valley.

Zelda: [warps seperately next to them; she's wearing a pair of blue shorts, and a pink T-shirt] I heard that comment, Impa.

Impa: [mutters something about crazy princesses and brats]

Rauru: Well, let's set up.

Saria: Manually?

Rauru: [snorts] Heck no! We do it the Sage way! Tents away!

(With that, all four tents fly to their designated positions near the lake, all perfectly aligned and set up.)

Link: [raises eyebrows] Nifty.

Ruaru: Well, that's what being a Sage provides.

Nabooru: [sets up a beach blanket and a parasol on the shore] Yeah, yeah... Well, if you don't mind, I'm gonna work on my tan now.

Impa: You live in the desert. You don't NEED a tan, because you've ALREADY got one.

Nabooru: [raises eyebrows at Impa] So?

Zelda: She got you there, Impa.

~Musical interlude

Beach Boys: [singing]

Get around, round, round, I get around!

I get around!

OOOOOOOH-OOOOOH-OOOOH-OOOOH-OOOOOH!

Yeah, get around, round, round, I get around!

Deranged Windmill Guy: [runs by, viciously singing] GO AROUND! GO AROUND! GET THAT OCARINA KID! SLASH THAT BOY TO BITS! FOR WHAT HE DID!

~Um, back to the story

Link: Hot diggity-dang, that was random.

Zelda: So was that made-up slang Link.

Link: It wasn't slang, it was a phrase.

Zelda: Whatever skirt-boy...

Link: TUUUNIC!!! It's separated by a belt! That's what makes it look like a skirt! If you idiots could tell the difference, we wouldn't have these little problems, would we?!

Zelda: [struggles to find the right word] I'm... sorry?

Link: You better be. Or else I'm never going out with you.

Zelda: Um, Link, the author is a Link/Zelda shipper, ya know.

Link: Hubba-WHAA?

Zelda: [bats eyelashes] That right.

Link: [looks depressed] Curses... There goes my evil plot to overthrow the world...

Zelda: What?

Link: Nothing, I said nothing.

End of Chapter Two

That was indeed random. Why does Link want to rule Hyrule? Is there any pun intended? Don't find out next time on A-Camping We Will Go!