Fan Fiction ❯ A Chance Encounter ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hey there! I hope that the first chapter wasn't too boring. I promise this one will be more interesting. I just needed to get through with the boring stuff in the beginning, so I could start the story. Anywho, I hope you like!!

*************************************************************** *********

Teapo and Duelle were left staring at the closed door. It seemed a little odd that Lethia and Niccolo would just take off together after only a few minutes of being acquainted. Lethia had agreed to take care of the bandits haunting Luon Highway in exchange for a funky old wheel Niccolo had tried to sell to Teapo at a ridiculous price.

"I hope Lethia will be okay!" Teapo exclaimed. "She's doing all this just for me! What if she gets hurt! I'll never forgive myself if she gets hurt fighting those bleedin' bandits!"

"I wouldn't worry so much about that," Duelle said. "I'd worry more about that shifty salesman. Why on earth did he decide to go with her?"

"Wot are you talkin' about? He said it would ruin his reputation if she got hurt."

"Are you dim? How would that ruin his reputation!?"

"Oh, stop accusing `im of doing wrong things!"

The onion warrior just sighed and looked at his feet. I just know that stupid rabbit is up to something…

……………………… …………………………̷ 0;………………………… 230;……………

"So, can you fight?" Lethia asked Niccolo who was walking beside her.

"Well, I know a few things," He answered with a grin on his face.

"Oh. So… about how many bandits are there?"

"I'm not sure. I've heard that there are a fair amount of them."

"Is the leader strong?"

"I've been told that he's as strong as they come!"

Lethia narrowed her eyes and looked at him. "You've never actually seen them, have you?"

Niccolo bowed his head and let out a deep sigh. "No…"

"I thought so."

As they neared the highway, a beat up, abandoned wagon came into view. Apon closer inspection, Lethia saw that it was missing a wheel. Lethia glared at Niccolo, who happened to be looking in another direction, whistling.

"You do know that I could just grab another wheel off that wagon and go home, don't you?" Lethia asked.

Niccolo winced when she said this and turned to her with puppy-dog eyes (if that's even possible for a rabbit…), "Please! You can't leave me to deal with the bandits all alone! What if I get killed!?"

Lethia sighed. "Well, if you're so unsure of your abilities, maybe you shouldn't have come with me."

"…Does that mean you'll still help me?"

"Yeah, but like I said before, don't get in the way."

Though Lethia was acting irritated, she was actually glad for the chance to do this. She had been training in martial arts for years, but she rarely got the chance to use her skills. This opportunity was one that she couldn't pass up. She was imagining her exciting battle to come, when she noticed a figure ahead of them.

The person was a young girl; she couldn't have been older than eighteen or nineteen. She had long blonde hair that was tied back in a bow, and a pretty dress that came down to just below her knees. She was wandering around as though she was in a trance.

"Hey, are you lost?" Lethia called once she was in earshot.

The girl didn't answer. She looked like she was lost in her own little world.

"Miss, would you care to purchase a map?" Niccolo offered. "I have the best maps you could get anywhere. I'll sell you one for a mere-"

Lethia elbowed him in the ribs. "Miss? Hello, can you hear me?"

The girl didn't notice them until they were right in front of her.

"Oh? Who are you?" The girls asked.

Lethia smiled, glad to finally be acknowledged. "Hi, my name is Lethia," She motioned towards Niccolo. "This is Niccolo. What are you doing out here all by yourself?"

"Huh?" She looked around. "Where am I?"

Lethia sweat-dropped. "You're on Luon Highway. If you're lost, I can tell you how to get into town…"

The girl was looking around again, completely ignoring Lethia.

"I can escort you into town if you'd like," Niccolo suggested. "For a nominal fee, of course."

Lethia glared at the rabbit. He'd try to make money off anything, wouldn't he?

She turned back to the girl only to find that she had begun walking away from them!

"Hey, wait! Lethia called after her. "Are you sure you'll be okay by yourself!?"

The girl didn't even turn around.

Lethia sighed. She had never met anyone so rude in her life! …Or was she just a complete airhead? Lethia was pondering this when Niccolo brought her back to attention.

"Let's move on," He said. "That girl is beyond our help."

She couldn't do anything but agree, so Lethia followed his lead and continued up the highway.

*************************************************************** *********

Oh my gawd, this one's short! I didn't mean to, it just seemed like an appropriate place to end the chapter. I promise the next one will be longer, but I'm also writing a Naruto fickie, so I'm going to have to switch back and forth. And I'd like to say Thankies to Seonaid Mist for reviewing the first chapter. I didn't expect a review so fast on this fic since the game is sorta old. Oh, and I didn't realize I was spelling Elazul's name wrong… Oh well, don't be surprised if I continue doing it, since I've got the memory-span of a stump.