Fan Fiction ❯ A Dead Man's Heart ❯ Q & A ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I only own this plot, Ragena Reaves and any body that doesn't belong to anyone else… I've said the disclaimer already so I'm not going to say it again unless it's absolutely necessary…
 
Author's Note: I'd like to apologize for the delay and any others that may follow. The only time I can update is when my mother isn't home. So that means pretty much only weekdays, and when school starts back it'll probably be even less. I'm feelin' better ^_^ We finally got to go to the grocery store and get junk food and cokes! You have no clue how long I've went without caffeine… Then Driver's Ed >_<, damn, it sucks…
 
 
Once more, if you want to see what Voodoo (the toy) looks like go to:
 
http: //coasttocoastcollectibles.com/ bleeding_edge_kindergoths_series_1 .html
 
Don't forget to take the spaces out. There's a picture of it there, it not that good, but at least it's something…
 
Thanks for reading even this far… I'll shut the hell up now ^_^…
-StraitJacket
 
 
 
Chapter 2: Q & A
 
 
 
“Don't let him find me. Please don't let him find me…” She whispered, dark green eyes looking directly into his.
 
 
Ryan stared, shocked, at the little girl as she turned her gaze from the wraith's eyes to the man with his back turned. She let go of Ryan's sleeve and backed up into the shadow; disappearing from view.
 
He let a growl slip past his lips and glared into the shadow. He raised a clawed hand and prepared to strike… but he hesitated… He wanted answers more. His gaze turned to the man, then to the entranceway
 
The doors had been left open.
 
Ryan phased over to them and placed a hand on the weather beaten wood. He watched the man for a moment, before slamming the doors loudly.
 
The drunk jumped and spun around, nearly losing his balance in the process. He bellowed something unintelligible as he thundered back to the asylum entrance and wrenched the door open, ripping one half way off its old hinges. The man quickly stumbled out of sight.
 
Ryan turned to see the girl out of the shadow and stooping to pick up the odd cat from the dirty floor. She hugged the thing to her chest and turned to him. She studied the Shade for a moment before walking towards him. She stopped a safe distance away and looked up at the psycho. Her head tilted slightly and her eyes narrowed as she continued studying him.
 
“You're not alive, are you?” It was more of a statement than a question.
 
Ryan growled but shook his head. He eyed the child warily; he didn't like the sudden calm that had fallen over him. After so many years in a constant state of chaos, rage and lust, this Calm made him uncomfortable.
 
“My Momma and Da aren't either… What's your name?”
 
His answer came out as a choked growl. He hadn't spoken in a long time, probably since his last victim. It's Ryan. How… How can you see me?
 
She held up a necklace after pulling it out from the inside of her shirt. It was a dark blue, valuable looking stone on a rather simple and cheap looking chord of black string.
 
“My Gramma gave it to me right before she died. She said something I didn't understand, and then told me I'd Know later on… It's got this funny writing on the back. If I take it off, people like you disappear. I can hear you, but I can't see you.
 
“I'm Ragena, by the way. Um, can I sit down?”
 
Ryan gave a small grunt and she sat against the wall nearest to where they had been standing. He himself crouched down, gazing coldly at her.
 
How can you touch me?
 
Her eyes widened. “Why? Can't other people?”
 
He shook his head in reply, slightly amused by her confusion.
 
“I guess it's the necklace… I really don't know though. Um, usually ghosts ignore me… Why'd you help?”
 
I wanted answers, he said, watching her toy with the pendant. You said that your parents were dead… Who was the drunk?
 
Ragena's nose wrinkled slightly. “Momma's boyfriend, Jimmy.”
 
Why'd he call himself your father? He watched Ragena frown and then imitate the man, Jimmy.
 
“ `Yer Daddy's dead. `E slit `is wrists in the tub, `cuz he couldn't handle a brat like you.' ” She then stuck her tongue out in a child's expression of distaste.
 
“Then Momma died and Jimmy started drinking again,” she looked around the lobby at the dark walls. “Was there a fire?”
 
He nodded slightly, A long time ago.
 
“Is that how you died?” She immediately gave a squeak and he watched her cover her mouth and wince. “I'm sorry! I shouldn't have asked that!”
 
The Shade let out a high pitched, insane giggle. You're an odd little girl.
 
Ragena glared at him, “I am. Not. Little! I'm almost eleven!” Ryan laughed at her again and she huffed in defeat. “Oh, alright, I am little… You don't have to rub it in.”
 
She got up and walked around the lobby. She stopped as she looked at the entranceway. “Oh… Sorry, I didn't know he would do that.”
 
A beeping noise made her jump and look at her wrist. “Ack! School!” She gave him a sheepish smile, “Do you have all your answers, or can I go now?”
 
Ryan shook his head and watched her run through the doors. He stood and stated walking out of the lobby when Ragena's voice stopped him.
 
“Um, Ryan?” she bit her lip. “Can I come back later? Jimmy doesn't go to work `til late…”
 
Ryan shrugged, I don't care. He flickered out of sight and could hear her alarm going off and her hiss an annoyed `Shut Up!'
 
The wraith settled back into his window seat once more. He could see Ragena sprinting towards the bus stop at the end of the road where the large yellow monster had pulled in.
 
His eyes caught movement coming towards the sanitarium. Two kids about seventeen, one male the other female. He hungrily licked his lips as he realized that the female was the full-figured blonde he'd been wanting earlier. He smirked.
 
Maybe the kid's my good luck… He slipped into his mad man's grin as their voices echoed up to him. Definitely good luck.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
That's the end of chapter two. Hope you liked it. I fixed it and everything just for you ^_^ Please review?
 
Oh, and before I forget, if you like Lord of the Rings check out Psycho Sisters Inc.'s “Of Foxes, Dragons and Freaks of Nature”. Issues and I are writing it (Well, she's the one writing it and I give her random ideas and edit the story.) Please check it out?
 
 
-StraitJacket