Fan Fiction ❯ A Dead Man's Heart ❯ Ragena's Day ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Sorry, the Internet has not been my friend. It was storming a couple times down here and then I misplaced the floppy with this story on it, found it and updated my other fic, then lost it again... >_< Sad excuse, but it's my sad excuse and I'm stickin' with it.
 
Amber: Hey! Thanks for reviewing doll. I luv yew too. I wasn't planning on writing the non-con, but do you want me to? And thanks for taking me to CATCF, it rocked ^_^
 
Thanks for reading so far,
-StraitJacket
 
 
Chapter 3: Rage's Day
 
 
 
Ragena sat at the back of the bus as usual, startling the other children by smiling and humming. Normally she was emotionless and, as the other kids put it, creepy. She sat down in the empty seat in the back of the bus and looked out the window. In the distance she could see part of the wreck that was the asylum beyond the trees, the broken door namely.
 
Samantha Strother and Brian Gimble were standing at the broken doors and looking inside. As the bus pulled out she saw them disappear into the mouth of the burnt monster and got a strange feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach.
 
She didn't like the teens. They teased her and took Voodoo every once in a while. Ragena hugged the odd cat to her chest and rested her chin on top of its head. She had a feeling that Ryan didn't like people in the asylum, like she didn't like people staring at her or touching her things. But, somehow she knew that Ryan was more violent when it came to his territory.
 
Just like she knew that Samantha and Brian wouldn't be bothering her much anymore.
 
Borehamwood Road was the last of the bus stops so that meant that it only took a few minutes to get to school. Unfortunately there were two places she hated the most and school was one of them.
 
She sighed and stood with the rest of the sixth and seventh graders as the bus came to a halt and the doors opened. As Rage stepped down and onto the sidewalk she looked to the sky. Lightning flashed a bright electric grin and thunder bellowed out a rolling laugh soon after. It was going to be a beautiful day. Ragena smiled again as a fat drop of rain landed on her arm; she loved it when it rained, it just made everything better.
 
The girl did a twirl and skipped on to her class. It had already started and was a few minutes into the first lesson.
 
“You are late and dripping on the carpet Miss Reaves,” said Mrs. Sterling, looking up from the overhead. “Would you mind telling me why?”
 
“My bus was late and it started raining,” Ragena chirped, taking her seat and ignoring the teacher's shocked face. Usually she would have either ignored the question or muttered an answer, but today she felt good, relaxed.
 
“Well what is the answer to the problem on the screen?”
 
“52X minus 23. But that's algebra, shouldn't we still be reviewing area and perimeter?”
 
Mrs. Sterling looked dumbfounded. “Er, yes… I was just… How do you know algebra?”
 
“My mom taught me.”
 
“Yeah right,” called a rather large boy a few desks away. “You don't have a mom.”
 
“Well, I don't have a father either, but you don't see me making fun of smaller kids and eating double my weight in hamburgers and candy bars everyday, do you?” growled the smaller girl turning to the boy. “I suggest you leave me alone and mind you own business, Randy. Your comment was uncalled for and unwanted.”
 
Randy paled as he noted that Ragena's eyes had dulled slightly, and she looked eerily calm. He had learned a year ago not to mock her about certain subjects. If people thought she was creepy when she was in a passive mood they had not seen her angry.
 
Randy had taken her toy cat and was critiquing its oddness in a vicious manner, and he saw her eyes dull; they had become a very pale blue almost white. She did not touch him; she did not threaten him. She had calmly asked for her Voodoo back and stared at him with those empty, white-blue eyes. Tremblingly he handed back the toy and watched Ragena walk off.
 
The girl turned back to the board seemingly happier at his silence. There were no more lapses in her mood through out the day, and no one bothered to ask about the dark bruise beneath her eye. It was common knowledge that some of the older kids picked on her, and none of her teachers bothered with asking the strange girl which of the students had done it. She wouldn't have answered or would have walked off.
 
Ragena was glad that her day of educational enlightenment was over and smiled gratefully as she stepped onto the bus. She made it to her seat, expertly dodging paper airplanes and thrown wads of gum, and gazed out the window. Hers was the last stop to and from school, so that meant almost an hour of waiting to be let off of the odd smelling mechanical beast.
 
The bus passed a child screaming around his thumb. He was pointing to a fallen sucker and an exasperated and exhausted looking woman picked him up and walked on. But Ragena wasn't paying attention to that, she was wondering what would have happened to Samantha and Brian.
 
She could tell that whatever Ryan had done to them wouldn't have been something she really wanted to see. When she first saw him that morning his appearance had startled her. He wasn't as tall as Jimmy, because compared to everyone else she had met, Jimmy was a giant, but Ryan was slightly tall for a normal person. His teeth were sharp (Ryan's) and his nails were long and sharp. Kind of like one of the monsters on a cartoon she had watched before, she thought. His appearance was effective enough alone, but the ripped and burnt straitjacket and cage topped it off.
 
Ragena blinked as she looked up. Her stop was next. Now when did she zone out? Shaking the cobwebs from her mind she stood and exited the bus. She slowly walked along Borehamwood Road, sensing that she really shouldn't be there quite yet.
 
There had been times where that strange feeling in the pit of her stomach seemed to speak to her. She knew that it couldn't speak verbally, but for some reason it made her want or not want to do something from time to time. Earlier it had made her go back and ask Ryan if she could come by later instead of going home. Now it told her not to go into the asylum.
 
She was confused, and when she came to the junction in the road, she became even more disconcerted. The junction was like a fork in the road; one led to the asylum, the other Jimmy's house. The Thing pulled her towards the asylum.
 
She sighed in frustration, “Why can't you be more clear about these things. You wanted me to go there earlier, and just moments ago you REALLY wanted me to avoid it. Now you're dragging me to it. Why can't you make up your mind?” Though, as always, the Thing was silent and continued to `pull' her to the Road's namesake.
 
She had thought that something was wrong with her when the Feeling first made itself known to her when she was four. She had told her parents and her mother had laughed at her confusion. She told Ragena that the Thing did the same to her until she was late into the pregnancy. Ragena's Grandmother told her that the same thing happened to her as well. After their first child the Feeling went away.
 
Ragena found herself coming to a halt in front of the burnt out shell of what used to be a hospital for the mentally ill. The Feeling was ordering her not to go in, to stay outside until It told her to enter the building. Ragena, utterly confused and frustrated with the Thing sat down on an old stump that seemed as though lightening had hit at one point.
 
Trying to get her mind off of the matter, she pulled out a worn book that was paper back at one point, but through the years of constant use the binding and covers had fallen away. Rage looked at the ripped title page and ran her fingers over the ink: ROBERT R. McCAMMON, then below it the title: Mystery Walk.
 
Her teacher had thrown a fit when she pulled the book out during class and silently read it through one of the lessons. It wasn't as much as she was reading during a lesson, it was more of what she was reading. Ragena giggled slightly at the memory, she had read the book, as well as Boy's Life by Robert McCammon, and The Tommyknockers, The Dead Zone, The Eyes of the Dragon and The Regulators by Stephen King/Richard Bachman, much to the shock of her teachers. She liked horror books and thrillers. It wasn't as if she were reading adult Romances.
 
At that thought she grimaced and began re-reading the book.
 
At one point, something gave her a nudge and she looked up to notice she'd already gotten past the part where the helicopter had crashed. Ragena walked inside of the asylum and sat down on the floor where she had sat earlier that morning and continued reading.
 
When'd you get here? Came Ryan's voice from beside her.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
I got bored and wrote about Ragena… If you guys want me to write Ryan's day and post it you've got to review and tell me. Forced hentai-ness and blood ^_^
 
Despite what other authors say about that it's during school that they can't write as much, I'm different. I write more during class and school that I do during the summer, cuz I get depressed and turn into a slug if I don't see my friends… Anyway, I'll write more, but I can't promise I can post. See, I can't get on the Internet if mom's home, unless she's dead asleep. And she doesn't sleep heavily anymore since Dad's in Afghanistan.
 
I got off subject again >_< sorry.
 
So review if you want me to write a non-con and stuff (not between Rage and Ryan, that would be nasty dude.) between Ryan and that Samantha chick and maybe Brian. ^_^ Fun-ness.
 
Remember, in order for the Lemon you must review!
 
Thanks for reading this far,
-StraitJacket