Fan Fiction ❯ A journey through space ❯ Intro ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: Okay, I should be working on my Yu-Gi-Oh/Code Lyoko fanfiction, and I will, but, I just couldn't wait to begin this story.
 
This is my very own original story.
_______________________________
Space, a seemingly endless collection of stars, planets, and asteroids, and yet, to travel around in it, is simply amazing. This is how Jordan felt. Staring outside the window he could see nothing but stars and planets, which was simply fascinating to him.
“Man, what could you possibly be staring at?” A voice called out to Jordan, interrupting his thoughts. “I mean, honestly, what could possibly be out there but stuff you see everyday?” Jordan snapped out of his trance and looked at his friend. He wasn't very tall, and had very little hair. He had light, yet brown skin, and wore the same white school uniform that everyone else did. “Nothing that you would be interested in, Dominique” he replied with a sigh. “You know, I really don't understand you sometimes” Dominique said “Everyone loves you, you're the best fighter in the whole school, and yet, you hang around with people like me and Emily, and you sit here, staring out windows. Why?” Jordan sighed and simply walked away. “It's the writers fault”. Jordan replied after awhile. “Oh sure, blame the writer. And I bet he cuts you from this whole story too”.
 
The tiny space bus that was taking them to there school flew threw space at lightning speed. Dominique went over there history lesson “You know what's funny, about 1000 years ago, back in 2005, people actually got around using boxes on wheels”. “What were those things called?” Emily asked. “Audio-mobiles or something like that. But they played music, so I suppose they were kinda cool”. “Anyway, do you know what's wrong with Jordan?” Emily asked Dominique. “To be serious, I think he still misses Earth. But I don't see how anyone could miss an over-radiated planet”.
 
It had been about 500 years since the nuclear war ended. Everyone who was smart left on the ship they had, and built communities all over our solar system. People lived on Jupiter, Mars, and even Uranus. “Ha ha, people live on Uranus, get it?” “Oh shut up Dominique” Emily replied “Let the narrator finish”.
 
Thank you, Emily. Anyway, the three friends were all headed to Mars, to attend school. Once the Space Bus let them off, everyone stared at Emily. This happened every day, however. She had pink hair and was average height, but what was so weird was that her vision was so bad, that her glasses were huge. Ironically, this came from a messed up laser eye surgery. She also had a fake leg, due to a defect at birth. “Wow. Mother Nature messed you up big time” Dominique said the first time he met her, and got slapped because of it. Jordan, however, was walked farther ahead, not paying attention to all the people surrounding him. Jordan was popular, and he didn't even try to be. “That kid has it easy” Dominique said “I don't get it though. With the exception of you, Emily, every girl in the school loves this guy. But that messed up hair, black as night eyes, and pale skin, I just don't get it”. “It's not up to you to get it” Emily retorted “This is just how nature intended things to be”. “And this is coming from miss defect”. Emily, after slapping Dominique again, stormed off to class. “What did I say?” Dominique said, with the most dumbfounded look upon his face.