Fan Fiction ❯ A missing aspect ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
Prologue

The Kokiri Forest was abuzz as the celebration of the Great Deku Tree began. This celebration happened only once a year which meant that every kokiri child that had anticipated for the long year since the last time would be quick to join in the festivities. Even Mido had giving up his sour like mood to join in the fun.

Amongst the children was the young Hero of Time although he didn't know that was his destiny, only a month would have to pass before he would be summoned by the great Deku Tree and begin his journey that would end with the facing of the king of Evil himself. At this time there was a girl slightly younger then Link, 2 years younger in fact, who's own fate would mark the end of these celebrations. Her name was Kayli and she was Link's younger sister.

At first everything seemed fine, the kokiri had all gathered in the center of the forest, fairys were flying overhead creating the needed light to see, Saria had even gotten her ocarina out and was playing the song from the lost woods. Things were going so well no one noticed the dark man slip into the woods and head to the Great Deku Tree’s grove. No one that is, except for Kayli. She noticed him just as he disappeared into The Deku Tree's clearing. Deciding that it was pointless trying to get her brother's attention now that he was engaged in a conversation with Mido as well as fully knowing that he wouldn't believe her anyway, she moved over to the entrance to the of the clearing. Not too long after she got there did the man reappear with an angry expression. Somehow she knew there was something about this man. Something that wasn't right at all, so with a rather small voice she looked up at him and said, "Why are you here bothering the Great Deku Tree?"

Looking Down on her little form he said, "That is none of your concern child. Now move out of my way."

Kayli knew that this man was trouble so mustering up all her courage she said, "You shouldn't be here." The man clearly out raged pushed her aside and headed for the exit of the forest, but Kaia managed to get there just before him. She stood in front of him and said, not knowing how powerful he really was, "I...I'll go and get my brother! He...he's tough, I b...bet he can find out what your up too."

The man, now even more outraged then when he had left the Deku Tree's clearing shot out his right hand and sent a bolt of magical energy at her. As it hit her Kayli screamed now alerting the rest of the kokiri. But by the time they had looked around, the man was gone and Kayli was no where in sight.

Link ran over to the place where the scream had come from as if it would give him some idea as to where she had been sent. After finally giving up looking for her, Link feel to his knees as tears began to form around his eyes. Saria who had stopped playing went over to her friend. In an attempt to comfort him she put an arm around his shoulders. By now the rest of the village was around them, every one of them upset over the loss of Kayli. At some point in time Link could be heard saying something. What was claimed to be heard was Link saying, "She's gone and it's all my fault! I should have been watching her. One day I will find her and the person who did this." If he had said anything else it couldn't be heard for his emotions had over powered him and his speech was incoherent due to his tears. Only a month later was he summoned to the Great Deku Tree and his quest to find the spiritual stones and then to defeat Ganondorf began and until it was over his vow to find his sister was forgotten.

****************************************

Kayli slowly opened her eyes to find herself in a brightly lit room. Turning her head to the side she saw a few people moving around here. She had no idea as to where she was or how she had got there. The last thing she remembered was the man in the forest. Something clicked in her mind. *Yes that's right the man from the forest* she thought to herself. *He must have done something to me... but what? I wonder where I am now. I wonder if Link heard me scream. If he did he'll surly come...* All of a sudden her thoughts were interrupted by one of the women calling "Somebody quick, get the doctor she's coming too."