Fan Fiction ❯ A missing aspect ❯ Time Spent Missing You ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
This caused Kayli to sit bolt up right in the bed she was in. That was when she noticed that she was in a white room with quite a few people around her looking worried, though she didn't know why seeing as she didn't know any of them. A few moments latter an older man wearing a white coat came into the room. When he laid eyes on her he smiled and said, "Finally awake eh? You've been out for almost three days. Lucky those boys found you or you might be dead now."

She simply stared at him until finally she managed to ask "W...Where am I?" she asked. He continued to smile as he answered her, "You’re at the Kingston General Hospital." She looked at him and asked, “What about the man. The evil looking man in the forest. He did something to me. He’s going to come back.” The doctor looked at her and said as gently as he could, "Don’t worry as long as you’re here your safe, and as soon as possible your parents will be here.”

She looked at him and opened her mouth to say something when another woman in the room interrupted her. "Doctor," she said walking towards him, "Maybe we should find out who exactly here parents are and what not now. So we can get a hold of them a let them now we have their daughter and she's going to be fine." The doctor looked over at her nodding his head and muttering something about for her to do it as he had other work to do.

The nurse walked to the side of the bed and pulled a chair over. Holding a clipboard she began to ask her questions like her name, her age, who her parents were and where she lived. She answered that her name was Kayli, she was 10 years old, that she was a child of the Deku tree and that she lived with her brother Link in the Kokiri forest. After she had answered the questions the nurse left the room leaving her in the care of two other nurses who began taking her temperature and making sure she was healthy.

*********************************************

Li nk sat on his bed with his head propped up by his arm on his knee. *How could she have been so stupid going near however it was that did this, Kayli should have known better then get in his way.* Link had since decided who he thought had done this, since he kept having weird dreams about a desert man. He didn't know exactly who he was but he could tell he was pure evil.

Finally he left his house, climbed down the ladder and was walking down the path towards Saria's house. Over the past three weeks she had been looking out for him and he really appreciated it. It didn't take him long to get there since her house was right next to his. Reaching her doorway he called out her name. After a moment she arrived. "Oh hi Link,” she said, "How are you doing?" He looked down at his feet and said, "Alright, I guess." She frowned and moved aside to let Link in. He did so and sat down on the floor and a second later she joined him. Saria looked over at him, sighed and said, "I'm sorry to have to say this, Link, but you have to get over it. There's no way you'll be able to go out and find her." He shock his head and said, "I know but it's hard. I mean she's my sister."

For about another hour they talked about different things like how Mido had gone back to being his bossy old self and was trying to act like a big shot by standing guard in front of the way to the clearing and other things that really didn't have any importance until Link decided it was getting late and that he'd better go.

The final week before Navi came to get him passed pretty slow with him pondering ways to leave the forest to find his sister without dying, but in the end came up with nothing. On his last night in Kokiri forest before his quest Link spent most of the night staring at the ceiling of his house and when he did fall asleep it was a restless one. However that did not stop him from being impossible to wake up the next morning. Once he awoke he was greeted to the sight of a fairy saying he needed to go see the Great Deku Tree at once and so his first quest began.

********************************************

For Kayli the years went by slowly. After she had told the nurse she was the child of a tree, she was diagnosed with a mental handicap and was put up for adoption. She ended up going to the family of the boys who had found her in the first place. Now she had two older brothers instead of one and a younger sister, along with two parents. Normally one would be happy about something like that but for her it wasn't the same.

Kayli had always been someone who could adapt to things quickly and after only a couple of months her so called “Mental Handicap” disappeared. After being enrolled into a wood working class, at her high school at age fourteen, Kayli begun making a replica fairy ocarina. Years earlier, while Link and Saria had been at some sort of Kokiri forest meeting and Saria’s fairy, Iceglow, had been watching her, the little fairy had giving the tiny girl a bit a magic. This magic could only be used a few times before it wore off completely, so Kayli had to be careful so as not to get rid of it before she needed it. This time was the last time she could use it and she planned to put the magic into her ocarina. It took two more years to finally complete every detail about it, but the day before her 16th birthday she focused her mind on the flute and the little bit of magic left in her was sent to power to small instrument.

Her actual birthday was a day of both happy and upsetting surprises. The first thing that happened was her adoptive mother announced to the family that the night before, their father had been in a car accident and was no longer with them. Next her friends surprised her at school with a small cake, which they ate before classes and her would be boyfriend, Kyle, gave her a diamond necklace. At lunch she slipped away from her friends and contacted Saria. She heard that all was well in the forest and that Link had never forgotten about her despite what she believed . However she learned that Link had left Hyrule in search of her and hadn’t been herd from since.

"But won't he be dead?" she asked thorugh the telepathic converstaion she had with Saria. "No, why would he?" she asked in return. "I thought the Kokiri die if they leave the forest?" she replied. "Kayli, I'm no sure I'm really the right person to tell you but.... You and Link aren't Kokiri" "But that's impossible," she said. "Kayli your not dead and your certinly not in the forest anymore. And the Kokiri never grow up. If you were to come back here everyone would be just the same as when you left. But even Link grew up." she confessed to her. "But if Link's been gone these last six years, how would you know?" "It's a long story, that he should tell you. In the mean time I've found a way for you to come back to Hyrule. I don't know how well I can teach you this song by telepathic comunication but...."

"What is it," she demanded at the idea of being able to return to Hyrule. "It's a song called the Prelude of Light. I'm going to play it for you once so listen carefully." Saria began to play on her own ocarina, ^ < ^ < > ^ . Once she was done Kayli replayed the melody and the music that signaled she had learned a new song played quietly in her ears. She thanked Saria and told her she would come back as soon as she could. She didn't know that, that night would be the night Kyle asked her out. She didn't know that she would say yes. She didn't know that her 'brothers' would almost kill him. She didn' know that she would say on earth until he was healed. She didn't know she wouldn't return to Hyrule until exactly a year from that day and she didn't know that when she did go back that kyle and both her brothers would return with her. The biggest thing she didn' know was that her adoptive brothers would play a huge role in something that would have killed her real brother ad it done it alone. She didn't know tha when it was done she would have to make the biggest choice of her life. Wheter to stay or wheter to leave.