Fan Fiction ❯ A missing aspect ❯ Left and Returned ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
(FlashBack 6 Years)

It was over. Ganondorf had been defeated, Hyrule was saved and he, Link, was in love with the princess Zelda. At the age of 19 and after having just traveling everywhere in the kingdom of Hyrule, he felt confident that he would be able to go off and find Kayli. As he thought about this the princess approached him. *Goddesses she's beautiful now* he thought. "Link," she said to him, "Link come here I need to send you back." He looked over at her confused. "What do you mean back," he asked her. "Back seven years," she explained, "You need to grow up naturally. Also if you start you search for your sister on the day you began this quest you'll have a better chance at finding her." He nodded and handed her the Ocarina of Time. She began to play and when she was done right before he was gone she said to him, "Come see me before you leave." He nodded just as the time stream sent him back to when he was merely 12 years old.
Once he was back in the Temple of Time he looked over at Navi, the fairy who had helped him on his journey. "Come on Navi," he said, "We should probably go see the princess now." But just as he finished saying that he noticed Navi was flying up to one of the windows in the temple. "Na...Navi," he said as she flew away. He sighed and thought to himself *Looks like this is one adventure I'll have to do on my own*. With that he took off through the doors of the temple across the courtyard, down the steps and up to the castle.
At first he thought he was going to have to sneak past the guards, but then he noticed that Zelda was standing just on the other side of the gate. "Link," she called out to him as he came up the path. She signaled for the guard to open the gate and she ran over to him. "I guess your leaving right away" she asked. "Yup. The sooner I can find my sister the better," he said. She smiled at his determination to his sister and said, "You'll come back to me won't you?" He nodded at her and she smiled again. "I've already talked to Malon she's going to let you take Epona and there was something I wanted you to take," she said.She put her hand into her pocket and pulled out a blue ocarina. The royal family treasure: The Ocarina of Time. "Remember this tune OK," she said and she began to play the song of time. After she was done she handed it to him telling him to be careful. Quickly he left the town were Epona was waiting. He mounted her and speed off far away from Hyrule where he would have an amazing adventure in a place called Termina all in the name of finding his sister.
(End FlashBack. Revert Back To 6 Years AFTER Sorry Begins)
**************************************************************< br>
"Kayli, Hey Kayli wait up," someone called as she walked back to her locker after her conversation with Saria. She turned around to see Kyle running down the hall after. "I'll stop when we get to my locker," she called back to him. She stopped shortly after and he came up behind her. "So i was wondering, since today's your's birthday if you wanted to go see a movie or something." She thought for awhile thinking about her original plan to leave that night but dicided agaisnt it. She said yes and he walked away almost doing a celebration dance.
That night he arrived to pick her up but it wasn't Kayli who answered the door. Kayli's adoptive brother Jason was the one who did. "What are You doing here?" he asked him. "I'm picking up Kayli. Is she ready?" he replied. Jason didn't like the idea of his only-just-turned-sixteen-little-sister and resulted in grabing Kyle by the cuff of his shirt and punching him square in the nose. This ended in a full out fight with Andrew trying to pull Jason off of Kyle while also trying to comfort Kayli, who was standing in the corner, not crying but in terrible shock.
After almost half an hour Jason finally stopped and Andrew was calling 9-1-1. Kayli was next to Kyle trying to make sure he didn' slip into a state of unconsouis. When the ambulance arrived, it arrived with police as well. Jason was taking in to police custody and Kyle was hospilized for minmume one year. Kayli never once left his side and jason never again objected.