Fan Fiction ❯ A missing aspect ❯ When Oppurtunity Knocks ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]




Kayli sat next to Kyle’s bed in silence. He was sleeping so there wasn’t much to do. She was reading some gardening magazine when she heard Saria’s voice in her head.

“Kayli, where are you I thought you were coming back to Hyrule a year ago.” Though no one would have seen it, a frown formed on Kayli’s face.

“I would have but something came up. Saria I don’t know when I’ll be able to come back,” she paused before continuing, “Saria I think I’m in love.” She could hear the other girl’s giggles in her head. Finally it stopped and Saria took a deep breath and told her the Link had returned late last night. Kayli was so surprised that when she telepathically yelled ‘WHAT’ at Saria, she accidentally said it out loud causing a nurse in the hall to look in and Kyle to suddenly sit right up in bed.

“What’s wrong?” the nurse said walking towards her.

“Nothing, I must have dosed off and…” she trailed off as the nurse turned and left. Apparently she had believed it. On the other hand Kyle simply raised an eyebrow. She shook her head but when he didn’t look away she finally decided to tell him everything. When she was done he just stared at her.

“So your actually from some other dimension?” he asked her. Kayli quietly nodded. “Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“I haven’t told anyone about it since the day I came to earth when I was eight and was in the hospital myself!” she said to him, clearly upset. At that moment a doctor came in and asked Kayli to pack up what things Kyle had there as he had just been released.
************************************************************* ***********
About an hour later they were standing outside the main doors waiting for Andrew and Jason to pick them up. Eventually they got there and the two of them got in. The ride was pretty quiet until Andrew, who was driving, asked where he was supposed to be going. Kyle was about to give him his address, when Kayli interrupted and told him to take her out to the woods. She had decided to leave and she was going now.

He did as told and when he got there she opened the door and wondered into a clearing. Unknown to her, all three boys had followed her. And just as she began to play, they had all managed to touch her just as she hit the last note. And all four of them were transported to the Temple of Time.