Fan Fiction ❯ A Raven's Cry ❯ A New Villian... ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN- I can not write fight scenes that have more than two people. As such, the fight scene in this chapter is basically non-existent. My roommate is going to write it for me though, so as soon as that is done, I will post the revised chapter.
 
Chapter 6
 
Beastboy woke up, and regretted it immediately. His head pounded like never before, and it felt as though he had tight bands across his chest. "What happened?"
Raven leaned over him, a concerned look on her face. "You were meditating, but I had a really hard time waking you up."
Beastboy sat up from lying on the couch. "It wasn't just meditating."
"What happened?"
"I had a discussion with one of your emotions."
"Who?"
"Rage. She wanted to know that I was strong enough to be with you."
"I'll have to have a discussion with her."
"Don't bother, she says that I'm strong enough for you."
"Right." Raven sat next to Beastboy with a sigh.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. You worried me."
Beastboy found her hand, "It won't happen again."
"You won't worry me again?"
"If I'm not worrying you, then I'm not doing my job. I won't meditate again."
"Good. It's probably not safe." Beastboy found her hand with his own, "So what happened with Rage?"
"I don't remember it all. She pulled me into her part of your mindscape and made me fight her."
"She didn't kill you?"
"I think I might have impressed her. I last control of my beast. After that, everything is kind of hazy."
Their conversation was cut short by the tower's alarm. Robin's voice came over Beastboy's communicator, "Titans, assemble in the garage!"
Beastboy jumped to his feet and grunted in pain. "Are you okay?" Raven asked.
"Yeah, just sore. I'm guessing that what happens in your head can hurt me?"
"Yes. Feel up to a fight?"
Beastboy grinned, "Always."
 
The team was in the T-car and away before Robin had a chance to explain what was happening. "There's been an attack on an electrical lab." Robin glanced back from the front passenger seat and saw Raven. "Raven, you're out of uniform."
"I am, is that a problem?"
"I guess not. There's no rule that says that you have to be in one. It just surprised me, I've never seen you out of uniform." He pulled a spare communicator out of the glove box, "You might want this."
Raven grinned sheepishly when she realized that her communicator was attached to her cloak, back at the tower. "Yeah, I guess that would be important." she said as she took it.
"So," asked Cyborg, "Who's the perp?"
"Unknown. Be on your guard, it could be almost anybody."
Raven noticed that Robin seemed particularly tense. "He's dead, Robin."
"Who's dead?"
"Slade."
"I know that."
"Don't lie to yourself, Robin. You're expecting Slade to be at that electrical plant. That's the first thing I thought of, and knowing you..."
"Maybe you're right. Slade was always in need of the kind of things manufactured there. Robotics equipment."
Cyborg pulled the car into a swerve and came to rest thirty feet from the electrical plant. The team could see that the doors had been blown of the hinges. Several guards were lying around the empty door frame.
Wordlessly the team stepped out of the car. "Alright, team, by the books. I don't want anyone getting hurt."
Once they were in the building, it opened up into a huge storage area. Boxes, taller than Cyborg, were stacked eight high stretched off into the distance. Cyborg studied one of the crates and read its label. "Processing units. Looks good enough for simple A.I."
Raven looked at Robin, "I know what you're thinking, but Terra dropped him in a volcano. He. Is. Dead."
"I know." A sudden energy blast from the shadows drove Starfire into one of the crates, shattering it sending the circuitry within scattering through the room. Robin pulled a small orb from his belt and threw it into the shadows. After a bright flash the orb glowed, illuminating the shadows of the room. Standing in the light cast by the orb was a sladebot.
Robin's face hardened. He drew his bo-staff and flew at it, swinging hard. The others watched as he viciously swung at it over and over, destroying totally. He turned to Raven, "Looks like you're wrong."
Raven was a little wide eyed as she answered, "I guess I was."
They all turned at the sound of strange laughter. "It looks as though we have visitors, my friends."
"That's not Slade." Raven droned in her familiar deadpan.
A small twisted man sat atop a throne held by six mechanical legs. "That person is familiar to me." Starfire said.
"So, who are you, and how'd you get that robot?"
"Ah my friend. You've destroyed my friend." The robot walker pushed past the titans and walked to what was left of the robot. "Ah my friend, what did they do to you?" He spun, a look of rage on his face, "You killed him!"
The titans prepared for a fight, knowing that this mad man could attack for no reason. "Where did you get that robot?"
"My friend? He was discarded like so much garbage. I took him in and nursed him back to health. Now you've killed him."
"He attacked us." Cyborg said.
"He would not do that. I had not yet made him better, not like his brothers."
Robin's eyes widened, "Brothers?"
At least a dozen sladebots, all heavily modified from their original forms came from the shadows. Most of them had their normal arms replaced with pneumatically powered arms with built in weaponry. Many of them also had heavier plates grafted onto their armor, lending extra protection.
The three land-locked titans formed a tight circle, while Raven and Starfire hovered over them. "Watch yourselves, titans." Robin withdrew a disk from his belt, preparing to throw, while Cyborg changed his arm into his sonic canon. Beastboy selected his giant gorilla form for this undoubtedly difficult fight.
As one the robots attacked. For a moment the room was a flurry of silvered limbs ending in swords, powered saws, drill, and spikes. Though these bots were stronger and better armored than normal Slade bots, the team was still able to easily beat back the relatively small number of attackers, and leave them in twisted ruins.