Fan Fiction ❯ A Raven's Cry ❯ Visiting... ( Chapter 25 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Raven's Cry

Chapter 25

Beastboy woke with Raven's body cradled to his own. His hands rested on the gentle slope of her belly. He inhaled her scent deeply, trying to lock each sensation in place in his memory. Raven sensed that he was awake and rolled over to give him a kiss. "Morning." She said quietly.
"Morning. Got any plans for the day?"
"Nope." She thought for a moment, "Actually I need a new wardrobe, I don't have much that fits anymore."
"We can do that, after breakfast."
"It's been three years today."
Beastboy didn't need to be told what she meant. "You sure?"
"Yup."
"Oh." was the only reply he could give.
"We'll go shopping after you get back."
"You don't mind?"
She shook her head, "Nope, just don't take all day, okay?"
"I promise." He gave her one last kiss before pushing himself out of bed.

--------------------

Beastboy stepped out of the florists holding a large bouquet. He quickly grew wings and flew across town, heading for a spot that he knew all too well. He touched down outside of the familiar cave and navigated it's winding passages. He walked into a large chamber that was empty save for the perfect statue that stood in one end.
Beastboy walked to the statue and sat cross-legged in front of it, studying the steal plaque that was sitting at it's base: Terra, A True Friend, A True Titan. He stared at the statue for several minutes. "Hey, Terra. It's been another year." He fell silent, considering what to say. "I think that in the last year I've grown a lot, all of us have. We're not the kids that you left behind, anymore. I know I've learned a lot, at least. I've learned that what you and I had... I don't know. I think I love you in a way, but what I feel for Raven is now how I felt for you." He gently laid the bouquet that he carried at the feet of the statue, picking up the remnants of an older one. "Maybe, I didn't know what love was back then." He looked at the crumbling remains of the old roses, "I don't know how often I'll be able to some in here any more, this time next year I'll be a father." He shook his head slowly, "This time last year, I didn't even have a girlfriend. Maybe it's too soon to be a father, but it's too late now, huh? I guess I can't really be Beastboy any more, now I have to grow up." He looked at his watch. "Raven'll probably be getting up soon, so I've got to go. We need to start putting together the nursery and stuff, so I've got a big day ahead of me, shopping for a crib and paint and stuff." He stood and took one last look at Terra's frozen form. "Goodbye, Terra."

--------------------

Raven leaned back in her chair and set her tea on the table. The fridge opened on its own, and a pitcher of orange juice flew to the table, followed by a glass, while toast started to prepare itself, all surrounded by her dark aura. After the toast had settled onto a plate and onto the table, Beastboy walked in, "Morning, hon." he said.
"Hey, how is she?"
"Same as always." He sat at the table and picked up a slice of toast, "Have you eaten yet?"
"Yup, I just need to get dressed, then we can go when you're ready."
"Alright. I'll eat quick, then we can go."
"Okay, then, I'll wait here." he said before taking his first bite of toast.
Raven drained her tea and walked out of the kitchen as Beastboy ate his breakfast, mulling over the future. His thoughts were interrupted when Cyborg walked in. "Hey, grass stain."
"Hey, metal man. What's up?"
"Not much." He stood a little awkwardly for a moment. "Um, how are you today?"
"I'm fine, I just got back from visiting Terra."
"Yeah, I know." He sat down across from Beastboy, "So, Raven doesn't mind you going? I can remember that those two didn't get along."
"She didn't mind, she knows how I feel." Beastboy held up the scared hand that represented their link, "She known that she doesn't have anything to worry about."
"Alright, man. Got any plans for today?"
"Rae and I are going shopping. I figured we could do some shopping for the nursery, and Raven said that nothing fits any more. You?"
"Me and Robin are headin’ to Metropolis, gotta get some parts for the T-car. We should be back tonight sometime."
Beastboy and Cyborg looked up to see Raven standing in the open doorway. She was wearing a pair of jeans that seemed a little big, and a t-shirt what was several sizes too large. "I had to borrow some clothes, Beastboy."
"No prob, you ready?"
"Yeah."

--------------------

Beastboy looked at Raven walking toward town with him. "Um, could you help me with something?"
"Yeah, of course."
"I'm thinking of making a few changes."
"Like what?"
"My uniform and my name. I need help putting together a new uniform, though."
"I think I can help you with that." Raven said with a grin.
Two hours later, Beastboy found himself standing in a changing booth in a clothing store that catered to the gothic sub-culture. Raven's pale hand thrust more clothes over the door at him. "What have I gotten myself into?" he mumbled to himself.
"Almost done, I think." Raven told him through the door.
Beastboy pulled the clothes that she had given him on and stepped out, "How's this?"
Raven grinned when she saw him, "Perfect."
Beastboy studied himself in a full-length mirror. "Two hours, and you've got me in a pair of black jeans and a black muscle shirt?"
"Yeah, they look great on you."

--------------------

Beastboy and Raven trudged back to the tower, Beastboy now carrying a number of bags filled with everything from clothes to small fluffy blankets. Raven caught a flash of pink in her peripheral vision, "Beastboy, did you see that?"
"See what?"
"I thought I saw someone."
"Who?"
"Jynx."
Beastboy dropped the bags and turned in the direction that Raven was looking, ready to fight. "You sure?"
"No," Raven shook her head, "It couldn't have been Jynx." Beastboy didn't miss the note of melancholy in her voice.
"We don't know that Jynx is dead."
"No, but I can only hope my father didn't leave her alive after he finished punishing her."
"We don't even know if your father took over Hive, it could have been just about anybody."
"I know, I know."
Both were surprised by the pink hex bolts that threw Beastboy into a nearby building, bringing a large chunk of it down on him.