Fan Fiction ❯ A Shadow's Tale ❯ A Shadow's Tale ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Shadow's Tale

Prologue

"You are just like your bastard of a father! Get the hell out! I don't want to see your face ever again!" A blonde haired woman with a mahogany streak in her hair forcefully pushed a crying child out the door of the small cottage in the West Village.

" But, Mommy…" A little girl with silver hair and pale brown eyes looked back at her mother with tears welling up in her eyes.

" OUT!" And a loud bang as the cottage door slammed in the small child's face.

At the young age of five a strange young child is cast out into the world to live on her own. The girl is strange in a number of ways. For starters, she has silver hair and wolf ears. Her eyes are the colour of fog on the beach; an interesting blend of gray and pale brown and her eyes are with out pupils. What could possibly be the strangest thing about her is the fact that she had a tail. Her tail was enveloped in fur soft as a kitten the colour of honey and coffee as are the streaks of hair that are her bangs. Also she had two very strange birthmarks on her left cheek, two jet-black triangles.

Her mother always made a point of how much the girl looked like her father, and it was true. The child was the spitting image of her father. The girl was born of the waitress, Megan and one of the last surviving Moon Shadow demon clansmen from the Great Battle, Dracel.

Dracel had hair and fur the colour of pure silver. His eyes were the colour of rain clouds, a mesmerizing soft gray with an air of dignity and pride in them. He had similar markings as his daughter except his were on both cheeks. Also he had another marking on his face, in the middle of his forehead was a black crest that looked like a dream catcher. He too had wolf ears and a tail that swished around when he was happy. Dracel, like most M.S.D.'s had the gift of prescience. He knew when he walked through the doors of that bar that he would soon be a father.

Eight months later a premature baby girl was borne from Megan. She immediately sent for Dracel and half and hour later he was holding a silver haired girl with his ears, tail and two triangle markings on her left cheek.

"Sir Dracel, what is the child's name?" Asked the midwife ready to document the birth of the girl.

" Selene Shadow in honor of our dearly deceased queen, Selena." He said with pride in his voice.

"Who, Sir?" The midwife was clueless as to who this Selena was.

"Selena, former queen of the Moon Shadow clan. Assassinated by the Moon Light clansmen, starting the Great Battle."

"Ohhh…wow."

He handed the child back to Megan and told her to take good care of Selene.

"You don't know how precious she really is."

After that he left for the mountain village, Arias, about three days ride away. None of the midwives noticed him leave nor did Megan. If they had they would have lectured him about abandoning his lover and hellspawn of a child.

For four years Megan abusively handled Selene if any thing ever went differently than Megan had planned Selene was blamed and beaten for it. The other villagers had no problem with this and would often join Megan in torturing Selene. To them she was the devils child. Worth less than dirt or dog droppings. Selene rarely cried just stood there and took it for years she believed she was an abomination of some sort until on her fifth birthday when her mother make it clear why she hated her daughter so much.

" You little bitch! Did you just slap me with your tail?!"

"N-no, Mother, I would never do that." Selene began to shake as her mother grabbed her by her collar and began walking towards the door.

"Oh and now you're lying to me! Admit it you slapped me when you walked by! You are just like your bastard of a father! Get the hell out! I don't want to see your face ever again!" A blonde haired woman with a mahogany streak in her hair forcefully pushed a crying child out the door of the small cottage in the West Village

" But, Mommy…" A little girl with silver hair and pale brown eyes looked back at her mother with tears welling up in her eyes.

" OUT!" And a loud bang as the cottage door slammed in the small child's face.

"But where do I go…? I don't have any friends… I know I'll go to the temple!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

(A/N) Hey this is Kagomehater25 (who is going to start a new account as Sesshymoon25), as unrealistic as this story seems it is based on a true story so please unless you want me to bring out my brand spanking new FLAMETHROWER (last one was destroyed by Inuhugger and friends) don't send me any flames. Thank you. Oh, and sorry this doesn't have any thing to do with Inu Yasha or demon diary or Vampire Game or Dragon Knights or Ranma ½ or Trigun or Sailor Moon or any thing else I love but Selene made me write this and REALLY wants people to read it. So once again, thank you!!!!!!!