Fan Fiction ❯ A Shadow's Tale ❯ Daddy? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

" You little bitch! Did you just slap me with your tail?!"

"N-no, Mother, I would never do that." Selene began to shake as her mother grabbed her by her collar and began walking towards the door.

"Oh and now you're lying to me! Admit it you slapped me when you walked by! You are just like your bastard of a father! Get the hell out! I don't want to see your face ever again!" A blonde haired woman with a mahogany streak in her hair forcefully pushed a crying child out the door of the small cottage in the West Village

" But, Mommy…" A little girl with silver hair and pale brown eyes looked back at her mother with tears welling up in her eyes.

" OUT!" And a loud bang as the cottage door slammed in the small child's face.

"But where do I go…? I don't have any friends… I know I'll go to the temple!"

The nearest temple she knew of was three days walk from West Village only problem was she didn't know which way to go. She decided to go east first and ask for directions at the bazaar. When she got there no one was willing to help her. They said that the "unholy animal" had returned to East Village. Her older brother had once said that Megan had met this creature and had liked him at the time but quickly saw him for what he really was… an unholy beast unworthy of being trusted or loves. She remembered how her oldest sister popped her head into the room and adds to the comment that he was just like her, an insignificant piece of dirt unworthy of any emotion. Jonathan ha chased his younger sister trough the house saying that Selene didn't deserve to be called such a mean thing. After he tackled Anna he came back to his and Selene's room and hugged the youngest of his three sisters. He was the only one who ever treated her like a person instead of hellspawn.

In the middle of her daydream of the past she bumped into some ones legs. She looked up to see a silver haired man with a dream catcher like marking on his forehead smiling down at her. He looked her in the eye with out fear or hatred like Joni used to…

"Are you lost?" He said a hint of worry in his tone. He picked up the girl so she was on eye level. Selene shook her head.

"No, sir." Her eyes betrayed her calm demeanor as fear stared Dracel directly in the eye.

"Well…where are your relatives?" sorrow replaced fear in the pale coffee that where Selene's eyes.

" I don't have one, sir. Please could you tell me which way to the temple?"

"Which one?" He asked wondering if Megan and her three other children had been killed.

"Anyone, I don't care which…"

"Why don't you come with me…uh… what's your name?" Selene didn't know if she could trust this man with more markings on his face than her. She used the first name that came to her mind…Arianas.

"Ariana, sir" Dracel looked surprised then confused. He was sure this was his child. She carried his markings his sent… she even looked just like Selene had when she was born except it looked, as her hair had never been cut. Then he noticed the bruises on her neck and cheeks. His elegant brows knit together in confusion and worry for the child. His free hand traced the edge of the bruise on her left cheek where her triangle like markings rested. Poor child she was lying out of fear of betrayal. The villagers must know her and she fears what they would do to her if the noticed she was Megan's heathen daughter.

"Who did this to you?" Dracel said still tracing the bruise.

"Megan" she said pushing his hand away and motioning that she wanted him to put her down. He ignored this and continued his questioning.

"Why didn't Megan send you to your father, Selene?" she gasped and fear shone clearly through her coffee coloured eyes. She jumped down and clumsily landed on her feet the way Joni had taught her.

"Who are you?! How do you know that witch and how do you know my name?!" anger, fear and a slight hint of demonic power emitted from the child's deadly calm yet forceful voice. Anger was the most powerful emotion in her pupil less eyes. "Who are you?" she said in a now calm suspicious voice. "Why do you have similar markings to me? Do you even know what I am? And we don't even know where that bastard is…so it's impossible to find him."

"Selene, you are a Moon Shadow demon, you can find any thing you want." He looked as though he knew every thing there is to know about anything there was to know.

"How?" Selene's thin eyebrow rose in confusion, this made no sense. This man knew her mother, her background that her father was outside the village, every thing. How?

Dracel crouched down to Selene's level with a serious expression on his face. What ever he was about to tell her she'd need to remember if she is to live. "Focus on your blood. Now clear your mind of hate, fear, love, or hope. Think only of the blood flowing in your veins. Now hold both of your forefingers and middle fingers in a cross shape and place your hands on your forehead like this…" Selene opened one pale brown eye to see what his hands looked like they where identical to the form she was making on her forehead. She did as he said and concentrated on only her blood. In her mind she could see the blood swirling into some sort of design, which she started to realize, was a picture it was of a man with wolf ears like hers. Then the image changed to that of the bazaar.

"He's here in the bazaar…" Selene told the silver haired man in front of her. When she looked up at him she noticed them. How could she be so blind as to not notice? HE had wolf ears. The same silver hair that reached just past her shoulder blades. The markings on her cheek where the same as those on both of his. This man WAS her father. The very one that first abandoned her and left her with that which she was forced to call mother. This was the man Joni had told her about. This was Dracel, her father…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Authoress' Note: Missnikki, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! The very day I start questioning my ability as a writer, the moment I was about to give up my dream, I read your review. I honestly started crying. And I'm sorry I never answered your question, yes, I hate Kikyo one million times more than Kagome. Even though I don't like Inu-chan any more. Now I'm Sesshy all the way! Me and my friends all are like a character of Inu Yasha, we even have a Shippo! And I have a Daughter! One of my most loving friends has taken the role of Rin! It's funny though you know all those cosplay conventions where every one looks NOTHING like the characters me and my friends dressed up like our characters, clothes, hair, make up, every thing and we looked just like the characters. My hair is just light enough and my bangs were perfect. I even had the stripes on my arm. Too bad I couldn't use my right arm…hehehe. Inu-chan (Mirela), YOU WILL PAY! Just cause we are acting like the characters does not mean that we cut off the blood supply to my arm! I'm not going for a perfect match, Inu-chan! …Sorry I got side tracked. Well thank you so much, Missnikki! Hope to hear from you soon! Oh and I'll be signing on to media miner today or tomorrow as Sesshymoon25 that's also my penname at Fictionpress.com

Selene Shadow

.