Fan Fiction ❯ A story about love. A love that will last forever. ❯ A story about love. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~A story about love. A love that will live forever.~
 
~“The greatest thing
you'll ever learn
is just to love
and be loved
in return.”~
 
“Kiki?! Where's Mom?! We're going to be late for school!” I yelled while hopping on one foot to put on my shoes.
 
Kiki appeared at the bottom of the stairs also trying to put on her shoes but failing miserably.
 
“I think she's in the bathroom onee-chan! Putting on her make-up or something!” Kik yelled back up the stairs before she fell backwards on her but. Then she looked up at me and smiled. “Don't forget to knock this time!”
 
I blushed furiously then yelled back, “Oh, shut up!” I ran down the hallway and quietly knocked on the door then waited for a reply.
 
Nothing came.
 
I knocked again and asked, “Mom, can I come in?! Come on, Mom, it's time to leave!” When there was no reply again I carefully opened the door a crack, waiting for my mother's voice to bashfully tell me to close it.
 
Nothing came.
 
I opened the door to see my mother's make-up strewn across the floor and the make-up bag clutched in my own dear mother's hand as she currently lay sprawled on the floor.
 
My throat closed as I fell to her side and checked her pulse to find it barely still beating. I then rushed to the opened door to see Kiki just getting up from putting on her shoes at the bottom of the stairs.
 
“Kiki, call an ambulance!!!” I shouted. She looked up at me with fear in her eyes but then ran for the phone.
 
I went back to my mother's side and collapsed beside her. I put her head in my lap and tried to wake her up.
I started to cry. I couldn't help it. Mom wasn't responding to my voice and I didn't know what else to do.
 
“Honey, baby, don't cry.” My mother's voice rang in my ears like a musician's sweetest melody.
I looked down at her to see her beautiful green eyes looking up at me. But I was filled with an even greater sorrow to see her eyes no longer held any warmth or joy or life as they always had, but sadness and death.
 
“Mom…” I sobbed, not able to hold anything inside of me any longer.
 
“Hun, do you remember what I've always told you?” Even her voice was dying now but I forced my self to focus on her words.
 
“Yes, I remember. `The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.'” I took a deep shuddering breath to try and hold onto my tears a little longer.
 
“I have always loved you and your sister so much. Sometimes so much that it hurts, but you can't always hold onto me forever. You must move on and live as I've told you before.” I tried to speak but she silenced me with the saddest look I've ever seen and ever will. “I have loved and been loved in return all my life.” Her voice was dulling now and I held her to me tighter as if I could save her.
 
“Remember that all you need is…” Her eyes glazed over and I was stricken by fear.
 
“No. No! No! You can't just leave like this! You're not done loving us! I can't do this alone.” My crying fell on her deaf ears until a hand touched my shoulder.
I hugged Kiki to me and we cried until our tears run dry. We held each other until the paramedics arrived. We didn't speak to anyone but sat outside under our favorite willow tree and sang to each other.
 
~”The greatest thing
you'll ever learn
is just to love
and be loved
in return.”~
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading and I hope you have a better day than this. If ever you get the thought in your head that your own life isn't good enough to live for, think again. Read this story and remember that, all you need is love.
 
({[This story was inspired by a song. ~All You Need Is Love~]})