Fan Fiction ❯ A War of Three Nations ❯ Chapter Fourteen: Peace for Now (final chapter) ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: ZOMG LAST CHAPTER! Cough I repeat, GO BACK TO THE FIRST ONE FOR THE DISCLAIMER!!
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
A War of Three Nations
 
Chapter Fourteen: Peace for Now
 
"I CAN'T DIE!!! I PROMISED HER I WOULDN'T!!!"

"I CAN'T DIE!!! I PROMISED HER I WOULDN'T!!!"

They were two voices that rang out that made Cathayna and Allarayne look up instantly; they were two voices that both demonesses definitely recognized. There was a sort of different emotion in Cathayna's eyes - however, none but those near enough could see that it was somewhere between joy and happiness and most definitely love - and Allarayne's face instantly turned from despaired into another emotion altogether. The demons that had managed to get close enough and who were in the army long enough recognized the expression from long ago, on the day that Allarayne had been named general of Malo. It was an expression of brief shock, followed by a smile that had not caressed her lips in hundreds of years.

"Ishikawa!"

"Touchi!"

Both women gasped their beloved's name at the same time that they alighted and descended before them, their wings leaving an expression of awe in both of their eyes. Off to the side, Zephyr was grasping the hilt of his sword, sneering at Ishikawa and Touchi before Aceline grasped his hand and shook her head no. Zephyr loosened his grip on the hilt of Alexavier, however reluctantly, and nodded at Aceline, sending to her telepathically with a cute pout on his face, 'Spoilsport!'

Aceline merely grinned. 'I'm a woman, Zephyr. It's what I do.' They both then averted their eyes from the two couples off to their side, and looked unwaveringly at Etaine and Shafira.

Cathayna felt the pressure of Ishikawa's hands on her arms, and she was gazing intently at his smile, returning her own smile to him, and she was listening intently as he said, "Cathayna. I promised you that I wouldn't die. I promised to whisk you away from all of the fighting and bloodshed. I still intend to do so, if you would still have me."

Tears fell from her eyes, but they were not tears of sadness, but tears of joy. She flung her arms around him, and cried out, "Yes! Yes I will! I love you, Ishikawa!"

Allarayne felt Touchi's hard gaze before her as she listened to him speak, "Why would the ever-strong General of Malo bare such an expression. It is not fitting." She had no response for him, and let him tilt her chin up without any noise. She felt his eyes bearing into hers, and she felt her knees weaken for some reason. "It pains me to see you this way. After today, I promise I shall never let anything happen to you, if it'll keep you from wearing such a despaired mask."

She took his hand away from her face and grasped it tightly within hers. She let all of her mental shields down and let Touchi feel how much she really loved him, how much she really had missed him over the years that they were apart. She whispered to him, in a voice so low that only he heard, "Just being with you will keep this 'despaired mask' off of my face."

Suddenly, however, Allarayne and Cathayna turned to the screaming voice of their goddess, Shafira, and the calm responses of the opposite side's goddess, Etaine.

"What is this?!"

"The end."

"No! I've waited too long for this...!"

"You have no choice."

Both demonesses looked on in horror as their goddess was sealed away into some sort of crystal along with Etaine, and suddenly, there were howls, roars, and cries from the demons. Quickly, as though everything moved in a blur, there were cheers from the other two armies.

Beside them, Zephyr and Aceline whooped with joy and Zephyr took her in his arms and waved her around in the air, both of them laughing pleasantly. In an unexpected move, with his father and brother, along with Aceline's father riding toward them with smiles on their faces fit to burst, he lowered her, grasped her around the waist, and kissed her deeply. Bade gasped and wolf-whistled, "You go bro!"

Aceline gazed at Zephyr as he released her, blushing as she gazed at her adoptive father, and turned crimson as he said, "Aceline, my dear - you have all of my blessings."

Zephyr's father smiled pleasantly at him, "As do you, Zephyr."

There was an instant grin on the Fayrian general's face as he got down to one knee, immediately forging a ring out of Ice and Wind, "Aceline, beautiful and headstrong general of Gaia, will you marry me?"

Aceline's hand flew up to her mouth, eyes gazing at those who had witnessed and had heard Zephyr's proposal, before she smiled lovingly at him and said, "Yes, Zephyr. I will." She bid him to stand, threw her arms around his waist, and smiled contently.

Off over with Allarayne and Cathayna, they released the two men who held them in their hands, and then Cathayna said, "I think there's something you should know."

"Oh, really?" Allarayne's expression turned blank. "Is that so?"

"Do you remember that time when Alequintaine... killed your parents?"

Allarayne's gazed darkened. "You think I cannot forget when all of my family has been killed?"

Cathayna whispered, "Not all of your family has been killed, Sister."

The demon general's eyes widened, "And you did not tell me of this earlier?"

"I had sworn an oath to Andreas that I would not speak of it to you. However, now that he is, well, dead, my oath no longer holds."

Allarayne gazed at Touchi, then at Ishikawa, and finally settled her gaze on Cathayna, before she spread her arms wide with a sort of small smile on her face, and Cathayna walked toward her in such a dignified, yet quick, pace before she threw her arms around her sister. A voice from the side interrupted their happy reunion, "It would seem that, with your goddess and king gone, you are the current leader of the demons."

Allarayne turned swiftly from Cathayna and said to the young inexperienced-looking Fayrian queen, "What of it?"

"We propose a truce between our three countries." Allarayne locked gazes with the younger Gaian king, before she looked at them with a hard gaze as she responded.

"A truce? Certainly, not to forget what has happened before us, but to put it behind us, yes?" She looked at Cathayna, and at Ishikawa, and she gazed lovingly at Touchi. "While we may not be able to forget what has occurred here, I believe it would be a wise decision to just put everything behind us, and therefore...." Here she paused, her face scrunched up as if in very deep thought, and finished, "A truce it is."

Aceline and Zephyr neared Allarayne, and Aceline gazed at the female general, her hand outstretched. Allarayne looked at it, and took a risk at glancing at Zephyr, who had a blank expression on his face.

Allarayne took Aceline's hand, and shook it. She did the same to Zephyr, however reluctant both generals were.

Then she turned to Fara and Rai, her hand outstretched, and an inviting smile upon her face.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
"We did it," Preia whispered quietly, before spinning around and throwing her arms around Rye's neck. "We did it! We won the war!!!"

Rye laughed and hugged her back tightly, relishing the moment, taking in the cheers of celebration. He was shocked to see Fayria suddenly emerge from Preia's body.

"I have one last goodbye before I go," she said, her eyes looking deep into Rye's very being.

Zealous stepped forward, causing Rye's armor to miraculously disappear. The spirit walked towards his love, and stood in front of her.

"My lady," he began. "It is not a goodbye I wish to hear." He reached forward, and for the first time since their death, he was able to feel her hands in his. He laughed, in surprise, grabbing and holding her as though it may not last much longer. "I'm glad, that we were finally able to love one another," he said, referring to their reincarnations of Preia and Rye. "Come, let us sleep, we can be together now, forever."
 
"Yes," Fayria whispered, she and Zealous's forms already disappearing, "after all this time... forever." Preia smiled sadly as she felt Fayria's portion of her soul merge with her once more, the priestess finally avenged and laid to rest within her.

Preia looked up in surprise when her father came running over the nearby hills, flushing when he hugged her and then turned to Rye, clapping him on the shoulder once more.

"Well, it looks like we've won," Ronin began, smiling at his daughter, "You two have my full blessings, no matter what you decide to do,"

Preia smiled softly at her father, grasping Rye's hand with hers, "Thank you, Daddy."

Ronin grinned, then winked, "Maybe I'll have some grandkids running around soon, ne?" laughing, he walked off with Sibel.

Preia flushed quietly, looking away from Rye and placing a hand gently on her stomach, "We're ahead of you, father," she murmured quietly, barely loud enough for Rye to hear.

Back over the hill, Rai and Fara shook hands with Allarayne, sealing the truce between the three countries.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
Zealous faded from view along with Fayria, locked in an embrace.

Goodbye Zealous. You may now sleep. I will give my everything to her, as your vessel.

Rye was a little surprised when Preia's father rushed over and hugged his daughter before clapping him on the shoulder.

"Well, it looks like we've won," Ronin began. "You two have my full blessings, no matter what you decide to do. Maybe I'll have some grandkids running around soon, ne?" he laughed, before walking off with Sibel.

Preia blushed and placed a hand over her stomach, murmuring something that sounded like, "We're ahead of you, father."

Rye's eyes widened. "What was that?" he asked. "Did you just say what I think you said? I'm going to be a father?" he asked, expressionless.

Then without warning he laughed in surprise, before grabbing her and squeezing her against him. "I don't believe it!! We must tell everyone!" he exclaimed, close to hyperventilation.

He pulled away from her and clasped her hand, leading her towards the rest of their party. Witnessing the generals from each three nations seal the truce with a handshake brought a smile to Rye's face, which he then gave to Preia.

Rye dropped his hand heavily on Zephyr's shoulder, hugging him as the elven general turned around. He then placed a kiss on Aceline's cheek.

"My friends. It has been a pleasure," Rye told them both cheerily. "I'm looking forward to hearing the date of your wedding, Preia and I would not miss it for the world! Turning to Zephyr, he said quietly and slyly, "We must help each other with the wedding plans. It's going to be hectic, now with a son on the way" he said, elbowing Zephyr in the ribs with a grin on his face.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
Zephyr let go of Allarayne's arm quickly, and settled it around Aceline's waist. He turned around; looking for, oh, nothing in particular, and then he tilted his head down to Aceline's lips and captured them in an oh-so sweet kiss. By the end of it, Aceline's cheeks were slightly rosier, and there was a sort of light shining in her eyes. Off to the side, Bade was still wolf-whistling, and Zephyr had every grace to blush. Suddenly, the elven general felt a sort of pressure on his shoulder, and when he turned, his eyes slightly widening before he recognized the figure hugging him was Rye. He patted the halfling's back in a fatherly way, and then eyed him carefully as he kissed Aceline's cheek. He knew, however, that Rye was faithfully devoted to Preia, and so he did not worry. In fact, he was grinning at Rye. It was a grin that had Aceline's arms thrown around his waist, and then she smacked him playfully, saying "Don't joke like that!" as he turned to Rye with a sly look, "I didn't know you swung that way, Rye." The look itself earned him another playful swat from Aceline.

Then the half-demon, half-neko-jin said, "My friends. It has been a pleasure. I'm looking forward to hearing the date of your wedding, Preia and I would not miss it for the world!" Then he lowered his tone; Zephyr listened to him intently, for now ignoring Aceline's cries of "You've already planned a wedding!" Rye continued, "We must help each other with the wedding plans. It's going to be hectic, now with a son on the way."

Aceline heard with her ever-so-sensitive hearing, and she gasped, her hands flying to her mouth before she smiled at Preia and hugged her, her temporary 'anger' at Zephyr seemingly dissolving into thin air, "Congratulations!"

Zephyr glanced briefly at Preia, before thumping Rye gently on the back. "A son! Why, that's great! I'd prefer a daughter myself, but you know, those things are - "

"Zephyr." Aceline's voice was threatening, and Zephyr turned to his now-fiancée, a sheepish grin on his face. Zephyr then risked telling Rye telepathically, 'Women.' He gave Rye another grin before walking off toward Aceline's direction, grasping her around the waist, and then directing both of their bodies toward Zephyr's brother and father and Aceline's father once more, saying,

"Now, darling, Rye and I were merely discussing, ahem, wedding plans."

Aceline raised both of her eyebrows, "Is that so?"

"Of course!"

Aceline merely smiled at him before she was enveloped in a bone-crushing, yet still loving, hug from her father, and Zephyr was met with a sort of ... tackle from his brother, and his father chuckling and patting his shoulder, "Your mother would be absolutely delighted."

Aceline's father heard, and chuckled as well, "So will yours, Aceline. This should be a rather grand wedding, don't you think? The joining of two generals."

Aceline groaned. "Not you, too!"

The four males looked at each other, and Bade, Zephyr's younger brother, quipped innocently, "What?"

Aceline groaned, and the four males shared a laugh.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cathayna watched Aceline's exchange with the other elves and neko-jin, and turned to Ishikawa, asking him teasingly, "So, Ishikawa? What'll it be? Girl or boy?"

She smiled charmingly at him before continuing, "I was thinking of... a boy, maybe." She turned to Allarayne. "What are you hoping for, Sister?"

The Malonian general politely excused herself away from Fara and Rai, returned to Touchi, grasped his hand, and then led him toward Ishikawa and Cathayna. "I dunno, actually, Cathay."

Cathayna's eye twitched at the nickname, but let her sister continue otherwise, "It... depends." She winked suggestively at Touchi, and Cathayna groaned at the innuendo. "How about you and Ishikawa?"

Cathayna threw Allarayne's words back at her with a smirk. "It... depends."
 
Ishikawa looked at Cathayna with a grin and pulled her close to him under his arm. "I'm not too sure. I guess I've always wanted a son." Ishikawa replied with a smile, before looking at Touchi. His smile faded and was replaced with a sneer when he looked at his former master. He released Cathayna and stepped right into Touchi's face.

"Is there something you wish to say to me, Ishikawa?" Touchi asked in his usual cold and heartless tone.

"Yea, there is. You took the only family I've ever known away from me when you killed my brothers. For that, I shall never forgive you. You lied to us, and turned us into you personal killing machines for fun. For that, I shall always hate you. But out of respect for the ties our women share through blood, I shall not kill you. But if I ever see you by yourself Touchi, trust me when I say I shall make you remember all that you have put us through." Ishikawa finished, turning back to Cathayna and wrapping his arms around her.

"Fair enough," was Touchi's response to Ishikawa's threat. He turned back to Allarayne and smiled. "If we have a girl, what shall we name her?"
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
Saleh looked on at the scene unfolding in front of him. The Fayrian and Neko-jin army had triumphed over the Malonian army. In fact, as Saleh looked on to the three generals before him, he was glad to see General Allarayne accept the offering of a treaty. Though it didn't come as a surprise to him to see that Zephyr wasn't to whole-hearted in the agreement, Saleh figured Aceline played a huge part in his acceptance of the treaty as well.

Saleh, whose blade still yielded brightly in the overhead sun, let out a deep breath of relief. Raising his sword until it was horizontally parallel with his face, Saleh stared into the reflection of his battle-hardened eyes that shown in the decorative design of his blade. After a few moments passed, he smiled, noticing the look in his eyes soften a little. Lowering his sword, he unbuckled his sheath from his waist and sheathed the blade, holding it out in front of him as he did. Hopefully you will never have to leave this sheath again... Saleh thought to himself, Not for a long, long time anyways...

Just barely catching word of the two generals' marriage proposal, Saleh smiled at the two of them, glad to see that together, they would be happy. His eyes wandered to the left a little to Rye and Preia. From the moment Rye and Preia met, Saleh had sorta guessed the two would end up being together; they were the perfect match made for heaven. Though Saleh missed it the first time from Rye's mouth, Zephyr announced the couple's to-be son much louder. Flashing a large grin to Rye, he walked up placed his hand on his shoulder. "You sly dog you!" Saleh said, bracing his friend in a hug briefly.

Breaking away, his eyes wondered to the other two couples, Cathayna and Ishikawa, and Touchi and Allarayne. Slightly puzzled, he hadn't a clue that any of them had shared romantic interests with one another. Smiling at them as well, he walked to the edge of the group, looking back one last time, then disappeared amongst the battlefield, helping whomever still might be alive...

I wonder when I'll find someone for myself
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
Cathayna's smile grew merely wider as Ishikawa replied, "I'm not too sure. I guess I've always wanted a son." He gave her a smile, and she nodded at him, suggesting "I've always liked the name 'Koru' for some reason." However, as his gaze was directed to her sister's partner, the smile was replaced by a sneer, and then he released her. She stood there, then, across from Allarayne who had an expression on her face as she stared at Ishikawa that was completely unreadable to Cathayna.

"Is there something you wish to say to me, Ishikawa?"

Cathayna and Allarayne looked at each other, Cathayna somewhat nervously gulping as Ishikawa continued,

"Yea, there is. You took the only family I've ever known away from me when you killed my brothers. For that, I shall never forgive you. You lied to us, and turned us into you personal killing machines for fun. For that, I shall always hate you. But out of respect for the ties our women share through blood, I shall not kill you. But if I ever see you by yourself Touchi, trust me when I say I shall make you remember all that you have put us through."

As Ishikawa finished and then held Cathayna back in his arms, the demoness met her elder sister's eyes, and the general sent her a telepathic message with something that was sort of a harrumph. 'I guess I'm going to have to enjoy being your sister, then, Cathayna? Because I would appreciate Touchi to not remember whatever he made them go through.'

Cathayna responded levelly, although there was a tint of humor in her voice, 'Yes, I believe you're going to have to.' She flashed a grin at her elder sister, and then found herself once more wrapped in Ishikawa's arms. She kissed him, a brief peck, on the lips, and said, "I love you, Ishikawa."

Touchi responded, "Fair enough." and then turned to Allarayne with a smile. The female general smiled back at him, and listened intently to what her partner asked, "If we have a girl, what shall we name her?"

Allarayne wrapped her arms around his waist and leaned into his chest. "I've always had a fondness for 'Kira,'" she admitted. Then she whispered, so that only he heard her, "I love you, Touchi."

Then, both sisters asked at once, "How does it feel to fly?"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After tending to several members of their own armies - Zephyr wandered off to Preia and gave her a quick peck on the cheek, and Aceline did the same; both greeted Rye with a "Congratulations!" and a quick hug - the two generals of Fayrie and Gaia, Zephyr, Bade, Matthias (Zephyr's brother and father), Aceline, and Galvin (Aceline's father), rode home to the Alexis's' exquisite mansion that stood not far from the Fayrian castle. Galvin himself was marveling at the fact that the Fayrian castle was made entirely out of marble, and Aceline was gently smiling at her father while she admired the ring made of Ice and encased by Wind that Zephyr recently gave her.

Zephyr nudged her, "We're home." And then he dismounted his horse. Everyone else followed suit, and once Zephyr opened the door to his home, his mother, Bellatrice, came seemingly flying out of nowhere, hugging him tightly, despite the blood and the sweat that had gotten on to him. "Oh, Zephyr," she was sobbing into him as she held him as if he were still the young child that she'd breastfed all those years ago.

Another voice off to the side that Aceline quickly recognized said, "So this is Zephyr, fabled general of Fayrie?"

A woman dressed in only the finest of Gaian clothing came out from one of the guest rooms, and smiled at both Galvin and Aceline. Aceline's father smiled at her gently, "Tallitha, my darling!" Aceline herself walked up toward her mother and Tallitha Gaewrn came closer and hugged her daughter, despite the large amount of sweat that had pooled around her. Zephyr gently pried himself from his mother, who entered his father's arms, and very quickly there was a light breeze running through the Alexxis home.

Matthias then spoke up, "Bella, my dear! Zephyr is engaged - and to Aceline, nonetheless!"

Tallitha's eyes were widened, then slowly returned to their almond shape, smiling widely. "Aceline, my darling! Congratulations!"

Bellatrice had a very happy expression on her face, and she smiled at Matthias before she went to Zephyr and held him in her arms again, "Oh, Zeph! We must get around to the details - when did this happen!"

Bade supplied, "Right after the war." He grinned, then said, "He proposed after he found out Preia - you remember Preia, Mother? - was pregnant."

Zephyr's eyebrows rose and he smacked his brother upside the head gently. "I had intended to marry Aceline a time before I had learned Preia was even pregnant!"

Aceline smiled gently at Zephyr as he took her into his arms. Galvin and Matthias winked at their children, and then Bade closed the door after he told a few of the servants to either lead all the horses to the stables, or to set up a room for Tallitha and Galvin.

Thus was so in the Alexxis household, after the war of three nations.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
After all the hugs and congratulation's were done with, Preia waved as Aceline and Zephyr rode away back to Fayrie.

When most of the soldiers had left the battle field, Preia turned to Rye with a bright smile. The war was over, and a lot of things had changed. She had fallen in love, had helped to win a war, and now she would be having a child of her own with the very man who had stolen her heart so quickly.

'I couldn't have wished for a better destiny,' she mused, turning to Rye fully and clasping both of his hands with hers. "We made it," was all she said before leaning up to kiss him.

And up in the sky, two spirits danced as they had never been allowed to in life.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
ZOMG its ovvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrr Xx I can't believe it! WOOT! Hope you guys liked this! Buh bye! XD
 
Amariahellcat
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Awwwwwwww. I don't have anything else to beta anymore… *sobs*
 
Much love!
 
Snowy