Fan Fiction ❯ A World Without You ❯ Danger ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A World Without You

Note: While writing this, I forgot Kairi fell from the sky, and not island-born. So just pretend she IS islandborn, instead of adopted,ok? So, as I just found out, this is an AU fic... ok?

Disclaimer: I do not own copyrights, etc. to any of the characters, settings and stuff in this story, I just own the story, their current personalities, this weird timeframe I made, and any characters I made up.

Note: Sorry about the japanese... It's just that I love the flow of it as I read it. Okay, if one more person wants me to take it off or lower the amount I use, I will. Is that okay?

~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3: Danger

POV: Selphie

I licked my ice cream, letting the cold pierce my tongue and the flavour envelope my senses. Strawberry ice cream was the most perfect tthing to me at that moment, closing my eyes and relaxing. normally I'm hyper-ish, but I'm very calm while eating my ice cream. Haruko sat next to me, laying her head on my side calmly, and Takeru was looking happy, licking his ice cream quickly.

SPLAT! Kairi's ice cream hit the table, ice cream first. Her eyes were open, her body unmoving, a look of fear plastered on her face. She was rigid all over, and she didn't look like she was breathing.

"Kairi!" Takeru called out, reaching over to her throat. "She's still breathing..."

Amidst Haruko's strangled, frightened cries of "Neesan! What's wrong, neesan!", I held her hand and pulled her away from the two, as Takeru picked Kairi up and started to head for the closest house. "Take Haruko home, Selphie!" he yelled back.

I kneeled down to Haruko. "Haruko-chan. we need to go home. Don't worry 'bout Kairi, she'll be fine!" I said, hoping that the expression of my face looked like a smile.

Haruko managed to sob out an "Alright.... Can we go to your house, 'neesan?"

"Sure!" I replied, and we headed off to my house, down the shining beaches that usually brough us joy. Now, I ignored them as I worried about Kairi.

That had never happened before, and I didn't know about it... Could it have been the ice cream? Poor Kai...

Me and Haruko stayed at my house for a while, and it was just after noontime when I started worrying too much to continue playing with Haruko and her dolls. Then, I had decided to go check on Kairi.

"Haru... Lock all the doors, and don't do anything dangerous, okay? I'm... going out for a while," I told her as I headed out the door. Haruko just nodded her head mutely.

I stepped lightly along the stones that lead from my house (situated on the Island we always play and train at) to the house Kairi was staying at (she had been moved to Takeru's). I knocked lightly at the door. Takeru looked sad.

"How is she?" I inquired, scared.

""She... hasn't woken, but hasn't gotten worse. I callewd up Kyoko and Barukar. Kyoko's still here, but Kar... He left ten minutes ago, saying she would die..."

"Oh no!" I put my hand to my mouth. If that happened, Kar , whose whole family disappeared in one year, might just...

No, I wouldn't think of that, I asserted to myself. I wasn't going to believe... I knew he liked Kairi, I was the only one, and if she died...

"You don't think... she will..." I asked, afraid for both their lives. If Kairi died... Barukar would never be the same again. He might stop being...

"Come on Selphie, at least don't let everyone else see you. Seeing you sad will dishearten them, 'cause your always so happy and fun. She believes Kairi will get better in no time, but it might be the start of something... Well, come on in..." He said, shifting himself away from the door, and granting me passage to the house. I plastered another smail onto my face, and walked in.

Kairi laid on the bed, her eyes closed and mouth open. Kyoko sat beside the bed, on a chair, her blond hair spread over her shoulder's messily. Lena sat in a chair in the cornor, head down.

"How is she?" I asked Kyoko, as if I hadn't asked Takeru five minutes ago.

"She's doing well," replied Kyoko smiling. "She's breathing better, and I get get this drink down her throat." She held up a cup of water, and a spoon.

I sat down, and we talked about what training Kyoko'd been doing earlier. I kept feeling like my voice was going to crack. Me, spunky carefree Selphie, had a voice that was going to crack.

'No, stupid voice, you won't, I won't let you!' I inwardly raged. Outwardly, I was as carefree as ever.

Suddenly, Kairi's formerly closed eyes shot open, and her mouth closed, and opened weakly. She whispered something... I leaned in closer to hear...

"Haruko... danger..."

Those two words were enough. I shot out, of that room, of that house, across the stone steps. Kyoko was right behind me, and Lena was getting up. I stopped abruptly, too scared to move, feet from my door...

It was wide open...

~~~~

OoooH suspenseful! I lowered the use of Japanese, only 'neesan used.

Short, I'm sorry, but I'll work on the next one soon. Keep readin!