Fan Fiction ❯ A World Without You ❯ In the Darkness ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A World Without You

Note: While writing this, I forgot Kairi fell from the sky, and not island-born. So just pretend she IS islandborn, instead of adopted,ok? So, as I just found out, this is an AU fic... ok?

Disclaimer: I do not own copyrights, etc. to any of the characters, settings and stuff in this story, I just own the story, their current personalities, this weird timeframe I made, and any characters I made up.

~~~~~~~~

Flashback:

~Suddenly, Kairi's formerly closed eyes shot open, and her mouth closed, and opened weakly. She whispered something... I leaned in closer to hear...

"Haruko... danger..."

Those two words were enough. I shot out, of that room, of that house, across the stone steps. Kyoko was right behind me, and Lena was getting up. I stopped abruptly, too scared to move, feet from my door...

It was wide open...~

~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4: In the Darkness

POV: Kyoko

When I saw that door, I knew what we needed to do. "Guys, we need to split up! I'll take the mountain. If she's near Paopu Isle, Kar will see her!" I yelled against the wind. A storm had picked up during our wait at Takeru's house, a storm like nothing we'd ever seen. The sky was a dark, tangled mess of black coulds, the night sky and crackled of blue lightning shooting across it. It honestly scared me, I'd never seen anything more frightening in my life.

I headed up the wooden bridge, which, I was afraid, was going to fall. And it did. Fortunately, I jumped a few seconds before it dropped, and I managed to grab ahold of a platform, jutting out.

After that, I climbed slowly... When I reached the summit, I gasped, and ran towards the edge... Where Haruko stood, her eyes empty of feeling, like she was entranced. "Haruko..." I whispered. Somehow, I knew my words wouldn't reach her.

She blinked, and all time seemed to slow... as she fell, backwards, off of the cliff, and I ran, jumped after her... fell faster, grabbed her, held her in a safe, warm embrace as we fell, hoping that she would be safe. If I could have cried right then, I would have. I believed I would die...

At that time I wasn't to die, wasn't my time... as I fell, as the raindrops flew past, the world turned red...

And disappeared...

~~~

I woke without opening my eyes, afraid to see where I was. This was impossible, I wasn't feeling the pain I should, my arms were empty, and I was lying flat on my back... on hard stone, instead of the sand that I should. Where was I?

I slowly opened my eyes... to see nothing but darkness. I sat up, and found out that the stone I had felt was a pillar of stone, rising from the strange darkness...

I stood, and all I could see was the darkness, and this pillar, about as wide as I am, lying down... a coincedence? Then I remembered that you couldn't see anything without light, So I looked to where I had been sitting.

An ethereal light was drifting from a small orb, roughly the size of a marble. It covered the stone tower in light, but past that... nothing.

Suddeenly, the darkness swelled, and my little platform became smaller... and I realised... the part that the darkness covered disappeared! To ensure I would be safe, I took a chance... I reached out to the small marble-like artifact, and took it.

Scenes rushed through my head, so fast I couldn't understand... Kairi flashed by, holding a set of keys, Kar running through a field, holding Haruko, Takeru flying backwards, a stab wound in his chest... It confued me, so I did what I could doin my position that probably couldn't hurt... I sat down and cried.

I stopped after a few minutes. What could crying do? Would it help? No.

Actually... Yes, it would. Crying let's suppressed feelings get washed away, my father had said.

"Kyoko, don't be ashamed. Crying is actually good for you... in moderation. Don't depress yourself by doing it constantly, but don't bottle feelings up too much either. Both do more harm than their worth, y'see?"

She smiled. Good ol' dad...

'Now', she decided, 'I'm going to get out of here..." I pu8lled out the marble-thingie. 'And this thing'll help me!'

I brought it up to my mouth and bit it... and it shattered... And most of the stone column I was on did too...

"Ahhhh!!!!" I cried, thowing myself to the ground, curling up into a ball, shaking furiously. I'd never been so scared in my life, as much as I had in the past few hours. Kairi.... Haruko... this place.... and now I was going to die. It just wasn't fair!

Suddenly, the pillar stopped shaking... and I opened my eyes...

I saw the ground.

I was still curled up, and my head was between my knees, looking down. So I was seeing the ground. So, I got up, and looked around.

The solid stone pillar I had been on, thjat had seemed to go down for miles... still did. But, if was now in the frorm of stairs. I sighed. 'Not now, not ever,' I shrugged, and headed towards the stairs... my only hope...

~~~~

I'M SO SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got... distracted. I won't worry if you've forgoten this poor little story, but if you have, please continue reqading? It may be a long wait between chapters, but...

Thank you for reading and not beating me with salmon!

Alden