Fan Fiction ❯ Almost An Angel ❯ Kiss and Make Up ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I was back at the house within 45 minutes, carrying a grocery bag containing everything I'd been ordered to get. I put the stuff up in the kitchen, looked for Michael on the way there; he wasn't around.

I went upstairs and checked his room; he wasn't there either, so I went to my room. There he was, sitting on my bed.

The sheets had been changed to blood red cotton, with a thin black blanket. I hadn't seen those in quite a while. Not since this one night with James a few months before… But I pushed that memory out of my mind since it definitely wasn't going to do me any good right then...

"Hey." I said, sitting down next to him. A gave him a shy smile, not sure of just why he was waiting for me. After all, we'd already talked…

Michael smiled back. "Sorry I got in such a bad mood earlier. You apologized; I shouldn't have thrown such a hissy fit."

I laughed. "A what?"

"A hissy fit… You know, a temper tantrum?"

"Oh. Like the brats when they don't get what they want, right?"

"Like you've never had one!"

"Nope."

"Not even when you were a kid?"

"Of course not! I'm an angel!"

Michael rolled his eyes as that. "Yeah. I'm sure. More like a devil, if you ask me."

"Yeah, well, ya know what? I didn't ask you!"

I already felt better about the whole day. If we were already back to our normal joking and arguing, I knew I wasn't in too much trouble.

"So…" Michael said after a minute or two. "How was he?"

That caught me off guard. "What?"

"James. How was he?"

"As good as ever… But, why do you want to know? You've said yourself that he isn't your type!"

"Maybe I'm just curious. You've heard the term before, I presume?"

"Yeah. I'm not that dumb, you know."

"Really? You could've fooled me…"

I slapped him on the back of his head, and he laughed. "Shut up! Maybe I'm a good actor, and I'm just playing dumb!"

All of a sudden, Michael got real serious. "I'm just joking around, you know. I don't really think you're stupid."

I blinked. "Where'd that come from?"

"I just wanted to make sure you knew, that's all."

I was quiet for a while, trying to digest that. He hadn't needed to say it. I already knew; but it was still nice. "Thanks."

Michael just nodded, leaned over to grab the stereo remote from my nightstand, and turned on the CD player.

Pity by Drowning Pool blared out at close to full volume, but neither of us was surprised by the sudden blast of sound.

We just sat there for a while, listening.

Things were better.