Fan Fiction ❯ Ambrosia ❯ Deadly Game ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ambrosia
 
Prologue: Deadly
 
A weak smile graced her lips while eyes of amber watched the lone man standing in the white doorway of her room. For months now he had been her sole visitor since she had been admitted to the hospital, first to treat injuries but then to enclose her as symptoms of this new and deadly `virus' began to take hold of her body. These were not however, `social' visits. Every time he showed up she knew that an interrogation would follow, which is why it was a slight surprise to see him holding a bouquet of flowers.
 
“Are those for me Satoshi? You really should have,” she gushed, trying to convey a sense of normalcy between them.
 
For all her pretending there was no denying that something had changed between them…as to what she couldn't even hazard to guess but it was clear that this wasn't just an ordinary visit from Satoshi.
 
It started out normal; he walked in and sat across from her bed in an old leather-backed chair. His feet together, knees touching, his arms resting on their respective rests…it was different though. Tension began to build as silence became an oppressive third party to their meeting. Unsure as to what to do or say the young woman tried to smile again only to find the muscles in her face not quite up to the task so instead she cleared her throat as her arms reached out in hopes of receiving the flowers from him.
 
Satoshi made not a move or sound, he merely stared at her…or rather right through her like she was some sort of semi-transparent apparition instead of a breathing, but dying, human being. Growing nervous the woman mustered all of her energy to sit up, slowly her right hand moved from resting on her lap and stretch out to touch his left hand. This tentative movement didn't go unnoticed by Satoshi, his hand bolted out to catch her on the wrist, his fingers coiled tightly around the pale and delicate skin of her hand to the point of pain. Gazing at him in horror she trembled while desperately trying to reclaim her hand. For a moment he just watched her struggle actually enjoying the feeling of physical power that he had over her. She however had power over his mind so currently they were at a draw.
 
Reluctantly Satoshi released his death grip on young woman's wrist, blazing red imprints of his fingers still marring her pale skin. Still trembling she gingerly shielded her right hand by placing her left over it and drawing both hands close to her chest as she watched him with wide and hollow eyes.
 
“Satoshi?” she asked trying to get him to look at her. Again…he made no response.
 
Unable to bare the stillness and the silence any longer the young woman glared at him and roughly slammed her hands on the bars of her hospital bed,
“Satoshi what is wrong with you?” she asked, her voice sounding strained and more than a little desperate as she lightly cuffed her bruised right hand with her left in order to protect it in case another unprovoked attack occurred.
 
At her cry Satoshi merely sighed heavily and placed his head into his open palms. Moments stretched out into eternity as he remained in that position, utterly still and silent…causing the young woman to dread that he might be the one dead or dying in this case. However he finally showed signs of life, a bitter chuckle escaped his lips as his hands slowly moved from shielding his eyes from her view. They were wide, blood-shot and had a look of madness embedded within the chocolate colored orbs.
 
`”What wrong with me you ask?” he repeated, his voice echoing in a cold and hallow ring to it. Slowly he lifted his head up from it's cradle and finally looked her straight in the eye. His stare was like his voice, frigid and callous, this wasn't the nervous yet excited young man that had darkened her door a few months earlier. Something in him had changed…
 
Satoshi abruptly arose from his seat and started pacing around the room, his pace brisk in it's to and fro motion. It was chilling as to how much he reminded her of an impatient predator… and for a moment the only detail she could clearly see was the golden engagement on his right index finger.
 
 
“Today a woman was found brutally murdered in her apartment. Police reports that they have yet to confirm the idenity of the woman let alone her murderer. The only confirmed piece of evidence that police are releasing is the fact that the victim is wearing a golden engagement band that could possibly have a partner…”
 
 
Notes: Well here's the first chapter. A bit bizarre I know, but trust me… the weirdness has just begun.