Fan Fiction ❯ Amoriods ❯ Teacher! I got a question! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Armoriods

Chapter 6

Teacher! I got a question!

I walked/limped down the hall heading for the infirmary. My leg stung like there was no tomorrow and my left shoulder was bleeding a little. I pushed the door open with my right arm and limped in. I sat down in a chair holding my shoulder.

"Cody I see we have a problem," the doctor said.

"Call it what you will. But I still need to get it fixed and go back to work," I replied looking at him. The doctor obviously didn't like me. He led me to another chair and started to clean my wound. If he wanted to make me wince in pain he certainly didn't try hard enough. After twenty minutes of being worked on I stood up and strapped an ice pack to my leg before walking off stiffly. I got to the command area and stood at attention while the general filled out some reports. He turned to face me. He looked me up and down before saluting me back.

"So do you have a report?" he asked. I leaned against a desk and looked at him seriously.

"I do but I am going to need a map to show you what I am talking about," I said. The general nodded and waved for Lutienent Rushara to do it. Up came a map on the main screen.

"Could you zoom it out?" I asked. The man working the computer nodded and zoomed it out.

"Good enough," I said before smiling and continuing, "Sir I think I have a suspicion on why the enemy is here. I'm not talking about the fact that they just need land but it is more important. Look at the geography of the area. Mountains to the northeast. Desert, swamps, plains, water, beach ect. Now think of when you want to test a new machine. You want to test it under all circumstances. What we have here is an area of training. They also have another thing besides element. Live targets. This base and us can also be factored in for training pilots and testing new Armoriods and Mechiods. I have so far seen two in action and believe me. They were tuff," I said and saw the people in the base suddenly look a bit more on edge. The general looked at the map and considered my angle.

"That makes sense. Okay dismissed," the general replied. I nodded and hobbled off.

`Time for some rest,' I thought. But as fate would have it I wasn't done.

"Cody you are to train those pilots today. So please go to the hangar after you rest up," Lutienent Rushara said as I left. I waved not turning and cursed my luck. I made my way to the hangar and saw Jim standing with a clipboard and had all the students in line.

"Cody there you are," Jim called out as I limped over.

"Just finished giving our report. Okay so what do we got?" I asked grabbing a chair to sit down and rest my leg.

"Four snipers, six fighters, two defenders, one lead, four back up, two watchers and four bombardiers," Jim replied reading the list. I nodded.

"Diverse. That's very good. Takes care of one problem. Okay how about every one separates into their classes. Snipers to the left and bombardiers to the right. Everyone else fill in. I want the leader in front though," I said sitting up. Jim watched it all happen. When it all stopped Jim nodded and turned to me.

"Forty seconds," he said as we looked at them.

"Okay. Cool. Now Let's hit the simulators while your machines get upgraded," I said standing while three planes landed and rolled into the base. The entire team stopped and turned to see the planes unloading equipment.

"Come on hop to it," Jim called out as we walked off. Everyone followed us easily till the simulator room. Every stopped and waited.

"Okay how many simulators are there?" I asked Jim.

"Eighteen," Jim said resting against the wall.

"Well then seventeen of you get in there. The rest stand back and watch them. You'll be tested on the basics. Jim you take care of the missions in the simulator. I'll battle," I said stepping in.

"But you're wounded," one said.

"Well then that means you will have a chance," I replied starting up the mission. A large flat field stuck out in front of me. I turned the suit around and looked at the seventeen suits behind me. One Armoriod and the rest Mechiods so I addressed the Armoriod first.

"Okay. This is a simple speed test. Just see how long you can keep a top speed on the ever changing terrains," I said turning and speeding off. I heard and felt the rumble of them following me. We drove straight on the plain then Jim switched the plain to ice where three slipped right off. I didn't even waver. Next came a jungle and I shoved my arms forward into a V to break and shove the trees aside. Three more went down and two more were struggling. The terrain changed again to a desert. I stuck my arms out for balance then kept going. The ones that were struggling fell but that was it. The nine that were left were starting to pay attention. This wasn't going to be your everyday test. Swamp came up suddenly and I swerved onto one leg to avoid the water and kept going. Three went down and the last six barely made it through. We went right into a volcano and the heat indicator shot straight up. Two fell down and the rest kept up till we came to a grassy plain. One fell down from the terrain switch. The two behind me were still hanging on but the Mechiod was just barely while the Armoriod fared better. A canyon showed up next and we almost made it though when the Mechiod tripped. I was starting to wear down here while the Armoriod was just standing in reality. A Lake appeared right in front of us and I drove straight in using my hands to pull me along. The Armoriod sunk while I pulled myself up the other side. I turned and stopped. Jim shut down the simulator and I stepped out to see the rest getting out.

"Many of you should have lasted to the canyon. A lake is the hardest to get through so that would have been excellent if you made it past that. Ice should be easy. It is the moist common terrain beside the desert and they are similar. Jim your turn with the rest of them," I said walking up and sitting down. The door burst open as I restarted the simulator. I looked up to see one of the soldiers holding a piece of paper. The thought of doom rang in my head.

"Yes?" I asked him. He turned to me and handed me the letter before saluting and walking away. I opened the paper up and scanned the contents. I reread the letter again and cringed before sighing.

"Jim you done?" I asked him as he floundered into the lake. Pulling himself up the other side he groaned.

"Yeah I'm done. What's the bad news?" Jim asked as he stepped out of the simulator.

"How do you know it's bad?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"You get this annoyed sound in your voice and you look like you need a vacation every time there is bad news or something goes wrong," Jim said as he snatched the letter away. As the soldiers crowded around him Jim cleared his throat and began to read the letter.

"Orders from high command. Priority. New soldiers are to arrive tonight at 21 hundred hours to back up the forces present. Captain Regeeze commands this new platoon. You are to then safe guard them till they get to base command. You are then to relieve your duties as training officers and continue with your previous orders," Jim read professionally.

"Let me get this straight. We were told to train these people and now we're handing them off? What a weird way to give orders," Jim said tossing the paper back to me.

"Now we have to get ready for another fight. I just hope our Armoriods are ready. We don't get a break for a second. Alright the rest of you go eat and wait until your new instructors get a hold of you," I told them as I walked past all of them.

"That was it?" one asked disbelieving.

"Well orders are orders. But we will help anyone who needs our help and we are available," Jim said as he followed me out. We got down to the hangar to see our Armoriods almost done.

"Wow you guys work fast," I commented looking at the fixed up Armoriods.

"Well you guys are the only ones that need repairs and there are about thirty of us," a mechanic replied.

"What are you two doing here?" an angry voice asked. Jim looked at me grinning.

"We are getting ready for another battle," I replied turning to see you know who. She opened her mouth again when I handed her the new orders. Jim scaled his Armoriod and jumped into the cockpit.

`Always the one to avoid conflict,' I mused as the girl read the orders.

"Who is Captain Reese?" she asked

"A pain-in-the-butt kind of guy. Likes having things his way and will do what ever he can to make it his way. Including cheating, tretchery and so forth. He's only kept because he has very impressive skills and his father owns the biggest Armoriod production area. I personally hate him and he has a score to settle with me for saving his ass thirteen times," I replied shaking my head.