Fan Fiction ❯ An Unusual Friendship ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N Well, here goes nothing, my first fiction anywhere on the web. This isn't a romance or slash, just friendship between Legolas and Jaisia. PG for now. Read and Review! Thoughts are in italics.

Disclaimer- Legolas belongs to J.R.R Tolkien and I'm making nothing from this, it's for fun. Jaisia is mine!! This is about twenty years after Return of the King!!

An Unusual Friendship

Chapter 1

Legolas was completely and utterly bored with sentry duty. He didn't know what he was supposed to be watching for. No Orcs had been spotted since the Dark Lord had been defeated. Ah well, at least this got him away from the endless diplomatic gatherings at the palace. Truth be told, he was completely and utterly bored with them too. He stood up and peered out across the trees. Nothing, I never thought I would wish for trouble, he mused and laughed.

A soft whistle to his left got his attention and he looked that way. It was Sian, another sentry who was just a couple of hundred years younger than him. "What is it?" Legolas asked.

"Is all well, Prince Legolas?" Sian asked. His brown eyes were filled with worship and admiration. "Do you require anything?"

Legolas sighed inwardly. "Everything is fine, Sian and I need nothing ," he said. Except a life, he added to himself. The younger Wood Elf had a bad case of hero worship and it drove Legolas crazy. He didn't consider himself a hero. He and the Fellowship of the Ring had only done what had to be done to save Middle Earth. The only one of them that could be called a hero in any sense was Frodo. He brushed a lock of gold hair away from his face, sapphire-blue eyes distant. Perhaps I should go visit Gimli or Aragorn, he thought. He looked back at Sian. "Better return to your post," he said.

"Yes, my prince, at once," Sian said and disappeared into the branches.

Legolas returned his gaze to the forest and forced his mind back onto his duties. Even though it was foolish, he still wished something would happen.

Eventually the replacement sentries came and Sian and he were released from duty. Sian headed back to the castle, but Legolas wasn't ready to go back yet. He went a long distance away and settled down in a huge tree to relax. The minute he got home his father would start talking about how he should consider finding a suitable bride. Legolas wasn't interested in getting married. It wasn't like it was so horribly urgent. He had plenty of time for that later, much later if he could get away with it.

Just as Legolas was starting to doze off he heard hooves. He stood and faced the direction the rider was coming from and waited for him to emerge from the thick trees. When SHE did Legolas just stared. It was no rider!!!

A/N-So what'd you think? Want me to go on? R/R please!!