Fan Fiction ❯ An Unusual Friendship ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N- Without further ado, here's the next part. This will show why no slash or romance. Thanks to my 3 reviewers!! Disclaimer- Mirkwood belongs to Tolkien, not me

Chapter 2

Legolas shook his head. It was a woman, at least from the waist up, but from the waist down was the body of a horse! She was a Centaur! I've heard stories but I never thought they actually existed, he thought.

The Centaur wore a large satchel over her shoulder. A huge sword at least twice Legolas's height was strapped to her back. Her fur and hair were a vivid coppery red like a fox's pelt. Her eyes were gold with green flecks. She paused about ten feet away and looked around warily.

Legolas shook himself mentally. He couldn't let a stranger enter Mirkwood, especially not a strange stranger!! He stood and took his bow from his back. Notching an arrow, he aimed it at her. "What is your business in Mirkwood?!" he demanded. He didn't get the reaction he expected.

The Centaur looked up and grinned. "Oh! What good luck, I found you!!" she exclaimed.

Legolas was so surprised by her reaction his mind went blank for an instant. "What?!" he gasped once he'd collected himself.

"Well, I've heard stories about Elves since I was a filly and I always wanted to see one. My brothers said they really didn't exist. The stories said they lived in the woods so I came here to find one and I did. Wait until I tell my brothers!!" she said. My name's Jaisia, who are you?"

Legolas slowly lowered the bow. "Legolas Greenleaf," he said.

"Pleased to meet you, will you come down? I promise I mean no harm," Jaisia pleaded.

Oddly, Legolas trusted her. He returned the bow to his back and climbed down the tree. He landed in front of her. It was then he realized his eyes were level with her breasts and she was nude. He took a couple steps back, blushing.

Jaisia looked puzzled. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

"Ah, no," Legolas said. Yes! his mind screamed. "Would you mind-putting something on?"

"I forgot, two-legs have all these silly taboos about nudity, just a minute," Jaisia said. She pulled a white shirt out of her satchel and put it on. "Better?" she asked.

"Yes, thank you," Legolas said.

"I didn't mean to embarrass you," Jaisia said. She paused an instant. "Well, yes I did. She burst out laughing.

Her laughter was infectious and Legolas found himself laughing too. He could imagine what his face had looked like.

After they'd both regained their composure they were grinning at each other. "So are we friends or foes?" Jaisia asked uncertainly.