Fan Fiction ❯ An Unusual Friendship ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I decided to do another chapter 'cause I'm bored. Kudos to those that reviewed!! Review again!!!! Action will come soon-Promise!!!

Chapter 4

They hit the water with a tremendous splash. Legolas lost his grip and fell off her back into the water. When he surfaced and his vision cleared Jaisia was grinning at him from four feet away. "See? Wasn't that fun?" she said.

"Oh yes, fun," Legolas grumbled. He pushed his hair out of his face.

Jaisia's eyes danced with mischief. "Wanna do it again?" she asked impishly.

"I think once was quite enough," Legolas said, but he couldn't from smiling back.

"But I'm not that wet," Jaisia pouted. "The water wasn't deep enough."

"Don't worry, I'm wet enough for both of us," Legolas said.

Jaisia looked him over and giggled. "You know when your hair is real wet and plastered down it makes your ears look huge!" she teased.

Legolas was barely able to restrain himself from childishly sticking his tongue out at her. "Let's get on shore, this water is freezing," he said and headed for shore.

Jaisia giggled again and followed him. Legolas sat down on the grassy bank and Jaisia laid down next to him. "I haven't had so much fun in a long time," she said.

"Neither have I," Legolas admitted. "So tell me about yourself."

"Well, I'm eighteen, we Centaurs age like humans. I have two brothers; one's older than me, Tyon. He will be chieftain after my father. Kai is my twin," Jaisia said. "I like to see new things and so I wander a lot much to the dismay of my parents who'd prefer I stay on the plains. Our home is about a week from the forest. Now it's your turn."

"I'm four thousand and twenty, I have an older brother also. His name is Arion and he'll be ruler of Mirkwood after my father steps down and I like to wander as well. My father doesn't like it anymore then your parents," Legolas said.

"Wow, four thousand and twenty, that's intriguing. So your father is king? I bet you've heard the lecture," Jaisia said. She folded her arms across her chest. "You should find a mate and raise fine foals, stop running off with your head in the clouds and behave in a manner befitting your station," she mock-lectured with a stern frown.

"Yeah, that's the one except the raising fine foals part," Legolas agreed.

"We have much in common I think," Jaisia said. She stood up. "I got an idea, come with me and visit my tribe, it'll be fun!!"

"We do have much in common and I will come with you, " Legolas agreed. I can pass this off as a diplomatic mission, he thought. He leaped onto her back and they headed out of Mirkwood, hoping for an exciting adventure.