Fan Fiction ❯ An Unusual Friendship ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, haven't got many reviews, but I'm going to go on anyway. Angel-Chan, no romance here-the image is just too icky!! Riley, you think he was embarrassed then? You haven't seen anything yet! **Wink!** Thanks again to all the review!! On with the mayhem!!

Chapter 3

Legolas studied Jaisia for an instant. "Friends," he said, offering a hand.

"YES!!" Jaisia exclaimed and hugged him. She released him suddenly. "I got an idea! Let's go for a ride!! That way I can see some of the forest!!!" She gestured to her back. "Get on."

Legolas wasn't sure that was such a good idea. That could draw a lot of attention and Jaisia was trespassing.

"Oh, come on, I'm not planning to elf nap you or are you scared?" Jaisia challenged.

That was one challenge Legolas couldn't pass up. "Of course I'm not," he snorted. He swung onto her back.

"Slide forward a bit and put your arms around my waist," Jaisia directed. The minute Legolas obeyed she let out a whoop and plunged forward.

Legolas found the ride much more exciting then riding a horse. He had no control as Jaisia dodged tree limbs and weaved through the trees. The breeze whipped her coppery hair around him and he closed his eyes. After awhile he heard running water and knew they were approaching the river.

"Hey, Legolas, is the current of the river strong?!" Jaisia called.

"No, not really," Legolas said.

"There's nothing in there big enough to eat either one of us, is there?" Jaisia asked.

"No," Legolas said. He couldn't see the mischievous smile on Jaisia's face.

"Can you swim?" Jaisia asked.

"Yes," Legolas said. His eyes snapped open wide as he realized what Jaisia was planning to do. "Don't you dare!"

The river was now in sight and Jaisia was running straight for it. "I do dare! We're about to go swimming centaur style!! Hold on tight, Legolas" she shouted. She reached the hill over the water and leaped. "WHOOPEE!!! There's going to be a big splash!!" she whooped.

Hope this chapter doesn't suck!! I'm trying to show Jaisia's carefree attitude… Did I succeed? R/R -pretty please? My muse is SMOKIN'!!!!