Fan Fiction ❯ An Unusual Friendship ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wow, my muse is running overtime, here's another chapter for your entertainment….obviously I've got something here. More reviews!! Please!!!! Disclaimer for chapter 1: Gimli, Frodo and Aragorn, not mine! They're Tolkien's. (I forgot to say so!!) PG-13 for a bit of swearing!

Chapter 6

Jaisia was beside herself with worry. Two days had passed and Legolas hadn't woken up yet. She'd gotten the arrow out and bandaged the wound, but there had been a clear, gooey liquid on the arrow. She had no idea what it was. She wished Kai were here; her twin was well versed in the healing arts. He wasn't though so all she could do was wait and pray that her new friend would open his eyes soon. She managed to force water and broth into him several times a day. Please let someone come looking for me! Because I don't know what to do! she pleaded. Darkness came and Jaisia laid down close to Legolas and slipped into a restless sleep.

The sounds of hooves woke her at dawn. She stood, fearing more of the men who attacked them. Her heart leaped with joy when she realized who it was. "Tyon! Kai! I'm so glad to see you!!" she shouted. "Kai, my friend needs help desperately!!!!"

Kai came over and looked at the motionless Elf. "I'll be saddled and bridled! An Elf, they do exist after all," he exclaimed to Tyon.

Jaisia carefully showed Kai the liquid on the arrow. "He was shot in the arm with this and he's been unconscious, this is the third day," she said.

Kai carefully took the arrow from his sister and began to study the liquid on it.

Tyon came over and looked at Legolas without much concern. "He's a two-legs, they can't be trusted. He's not worth our notice. Leave him and let's go home," he said.

Jaisia whirled on her brother. "NO!!!! I won't leave him! He's my friend! He'll die if we do!" she shouted. She gave her elder brother a defiant look.

Tyon gave her a look usually bestowed on a stubborn child. "And how many Centaurs have two-legs slaughtered or enslaved, little sister?" he asked condescendingly.

Jaisia stomped her left front hoof angrily. "Elves have never harmed us and don't treat me like a silly filly, Tyon!!" she retorted. "He took an arrow for me!"

Tyon snorted. "Or he simply didn't dodge in time to avoid getting hit," he sneered.

Jaisia's eyes narrowed. "I ought to give you a good kick for that, you damned, mule-brained ass!!" she said. "I'm taller than him even when he was on my back. He wouldn't have to dodge!"

Tyon gave his younger sibling a disapproving look. "Watch your language, sister and are you telling me you allowed this creature to ride you like a common beast of burden?" he demanded.

"Don't be so self-righteous! He didn't ask, I offered," Jaisia returned, lifting her chin proudly.

"Enough, stop being a bastard, Tyon. You should be grateful to this creature since if he hadn't taken the arrow our sister would be dead now," Kai said sharply. Both of them stared at him in stunned shock.

"WHAT?!" Tyon bellowed.

Hee, hee, these cliffhangers are getting to be fun-how am I doing? Silly filly- Jaisia's a poet and didn't know it….. R/R Please!!!!