Fan Fiction ❯ An UNusual Friendship ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Okay, here's the next part. This fic may be a long one; thanks again to my reviewers, you help me keep going. Ciao!!

Chapter 7

Kai began digging in his herb satchel. "Heat some water, Jaisia, we have to get these herbs seeped," he said.

Jaisia pulled a small pot out of her satchel, poured water into it and set it on the fire. "Can you help Legolas?" she asked. " I don't want him to die because of me."

"I believe so, I have herbs that should neutralize the poison," Kai said. "Elf or Centaur the effects should be the same."

"I want to know what you meant by that remark," Tyon demanded.

Kai found the herbs he needed and tossed them into the pot before answering. "There was tirian tree sap on the arrow," he said.

Jaisia gulped, covering her mouth as her face whitened. "I came so close to death," she whispered. "If he hadn't stopped the arrow…."

Kai nodded grimly. "You would have been dead in eight hours and we would have found your body," he said.

Tyon's brown eyes blazed. "Damn those accursed two-legs to whatever hell they fear!" he growled.

Kai came over to check the herbs and nodded. "It's ready, Jaisia, you need to prop him up so I can get this tea into him without choking him," he said. He filled a cup while Jaisia got Legolas and herself arranged. He let it cool then went over to them.

Jaisia eyes were frightened. "I hope this works, Kai," she whispered.

Kai laid down so he could reach Legolas and poured the tea down his throat then stood. "It won't take long to work," he said.

Twenty minutes passed then Legolas groaned softly and opened his eyes. They were slightly glazed at first then they cleared.

Legolas suddenly tore away and staggered to his feet. He made it ten paces then fell to his knees and retched violently.

Kai nodded. "It worked," he said casually.

The spasms stopped and Legolas stood shakily. He staggered back over beside Jaisia and sat down next to her.

"Are you all right?" Jaisia asked. She handed him her water skin.

Legolas rinsed his mouth and spat a couple times. "I feel like I was trampled by an orc war party," he groaned.

Jaisia gestured. "Legolas, this is Kai and Tyon, my brothers," she said.

"Pleased to meet you, Legolas," Kai said. "Sorry about the after affects of the herbs, but I had to get the poison out of your system."

Legolas looked at Jaisia. "Poison?" he asked.

"It was on the arrow, you saved my life," Jaisia said. "Thank you."

"Tyon and I thank you as well. It was lucky the poison affected you differently then a Centaur. When we return home our sire and dam will wish to express their thanks also," Kai said and smiled. He gathered up his things.

Tyon snorted. "Let's go, we're wasting time," he said moving off.

Legolas stared after the black-haired Centaur, sensing he may have made an enemy. He swung onto Jaisia's back and she and Kai followed Tyon.

Next-the Centaur village!!! Please Review!!!