Fan Fiction ❯ An UNusual Friendship ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wow! 17 Reviews! I feel special… Thanks Everyone.. Here's the next chapter…

Chapter 8

The rest of the journey was uneventful. Tyon barely spoke to Legolas at all, often glaring at him coldly. Kai was every bit as friendly as his twin and Legolas learned a lot of new herbal recipes he was eager to share with Mirkwood's healers.

At midday on the seventh day the twins stopped and Jasia pointed. "That's our village, Legolas," she said proudly.

There were two dozen huge cloth tents and at least ten smaller ones. A river ran through the center of the village. There were fields of various crops and pens with goats, sheep and cows. "The children move into a shelter of their own at seventeen. The huge shelters belong to mated Centaurs and the smaller to unmated Centaurs. "We raise our own crops and raise herd animals for milk, cheese and meat," Jaisia explained proudly.

Legolas looked thoughtful. "All the stories I heard about Centaurs said you were nomadic," he said.

"We used to be long ago, but it got dangerous because Humans saw Centaurs as useful slaves. They hunted us like beasts so we settled down. We usually avoid two-leggers," Kai explained.

"I can't blame you, Elves have been hunted too. That's why we guard our lands so carefully," Legolas said. "Are you certain it's acceptable for me to be here? I can tell your brother doesn't approve."

"Tyon will get over it besides you saved Jaisia's life. You are considered deserving of respect and courtesy. It shames me that Tyon isn't showing either of these things," Kai said.

"You'll be more than welcome among us, Legolas. If Tyon keeps acting like an ass I really will kick him," Jaisia said. She looked over her shoulder and winked impishly.

"Don't be offended, everyone will stare because Elves are believed to be just stories plus no Centaur has blond hair and blue eyes," Kai said.

"The fillies and dams will probably make comments about your appearance too, some of them might get a little personal," Jaisia added.

"If you keep this up, I'm not going to want to go into your tribe's village. I hate being the center of attention," Legolas groaned.

Jaisia giggled. "No need to worry, you've got a cutest tail I've ever seen, you'd make a cute Centaur," she said playfully..

Legolas laughed, but he knew he was blushing. "Thanks, I think," he said.

Kai chuckled. "Stop teasing him, sister. You're embarrassing him. Well, let us go. I imagine Tyon went straight to our sire and told him about our new friend," he said.

Jaisia sighed. "And about how improper I've acted," she complained.

"He's wasting his time, you never let rules stop you," Kai snorted. They entered the village.

There ya go-say do you want me to include Kai in future chapters? I'm sure a healer would come in handy!! Let me know in a review!! R/R please!!!!