Fan Fiction ❯ An UNusual Friendship ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I was going to make you wait a couple days for the next chapter, but I decided to update after all just to be nice. Did I scare you with the last entry? Heh, I hope so!! Here we go!!

Legolas knew better than to hesitate with an answer. "Your daughter was gracious enough to invite me, sir," he said politely.

"So Tyon told me," the centaur snorted. He turned to his daughter. "Why, Jaisia? You know two-legs are not wanted here."

"Father, he saved my life. Five men ambushed us on the way here. One shot an arrow with tirian sap on it. He took it for me or I would have died. He was unconscious for three days. Kai was able to neutralize the poison when he and Tyon found us," Jasia said.

"She's telling you the truth, father," Kai added. "I would show you the wound he suffered in doing so, but it has healed all ready. Legolas says his folk heal very rapidly."

The Centaur nodded thoughtfully and looked at Legolas appraisingly. "Saving my only mare's life has saved yours. You will be our guest. I am Valinar, chieftain of this tribe," he said.

Legolas bowed politely. "Legolas Greenleaf, prince of Mirkwood," he responded.

Valinar laughed. "So my daughter brings us a very important guest, she never does anything in half-measures," he said.

"In that she is much like her dam," a female voice said. A female Centaur with hair and eyes like Jaisia and Kai's emerged from the shelter and stood beside Valinar.

"This is my mate, Isolanthe," Valinar said.

"A pleasure, my lady," Legolas said, bowing again.

"Charm and manners, the mares and fillies will adore you," Isolanthe said and giggled. She sobered. "I heard what you did for Jaisia and I give you my heartfelt thanks. I would grieve deeply to lose my only mare."

"No thanks are necessary, lady. Your daughter is my friend," Legolas said.

Isolanthe smiled. "Oh, modest as well, how refreshing. Please call me Isolanthe," she said.

"I fear we have no extra shelters so you must share with Kai, I hope that is all right?" Valinar said.

"That's fine, sir," Legolas said.

Valinar shook his head. "Call me Valinar and my mate and I shall call you Legolas, agreed?" he asked.

Legolas nodded. "Agreed," he said.

"My mate and I welcome you. Tonight there will be a great feast, but we have business now, so please excuse us," Valinar said. He and Isolanthe walked off together.

"Whew, your father had me worried for a minute," Legolas said.

"I told you everything would be fine, come on, Kai and I will show you around and introduce you to some of our friends," Jaisia said.

Legolas followed the twins, wondering what he might have gotten himself into this time.

There, next chapter will be some more interaction between other Centaurs, sorry for the lack of action in this one--but it'll pick up again-Promise!! R/R!!