Fan Fiction ❯ An UNusual Friendship ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My thanks, reviewers and thanks for answering my question Isha; glad you're enjoying my story-Onward!!

Jaisia and Kai introduced Legolas to their friends. Most of the Centaurs were busily preparing for the feast that day. "All of us enjoy a celebration," Kai remarked, grinning at Legolas.

Jaisia nodded. "That's right, prepare to be the center of attention again," she giggled.

Legolas mock-groaned. "Just as long as nobody starts speculating about my stamina again," he said.

"Don't worry, none of them will jump you though I imagine they'll flirt with you," Kai said.

"If they do Kai and I will hold them off while you escape," Jaisia teased.

They were still laughing about that when an elderly Centaur came up to them. She carried a staff and her hair was snow-white. She looked about eighty and her eyes were milky-white from cataracts.

Jaisia stopped laughing and bowed her head respectfully as did Kai. "Good day, Shamaness Lilith," Jaisia said courteously.

"I heard you brought back an Elf, Jaisia, now everyone knows old Lilith wasn't telling silly fables, eh? Is that not true, Kai?" Lilith asked.

"All shall respect you for your wisdom, Shamaness," Kai said.

Lilith's sightless eyes fixed on Legolas. "I know you are there, fair one. Come here, old Lilith won't bite," she said then chuckled. "Not unless I'm asked at least."

Legolas didn't hesitate. He walked over to her and waited.

Lilith reached out and ran her hand over Legolas's face as if she was memorizing his feature. Her eyes closed. "Such a young, fair face, but a soul that is ancient beyond any Centaur. You have seen cities rise and fall, with companions bold and true you helped face a great evil and won, but you don't consider yourself a hero," she murmured. She opened her eyes. "That is good, fair one, no one has fondness for one who is arrogant and thinks himself above all. We will speak again before you leave here--privately. Until then, Legolas of the nine" Lilith turned and walked off.

Legolas stared after her, shocked by her parting words. He wondered how she had known when none of the Centaurs seemed too.

Sorry, not as much interaction as I thought, but I wanted to get Lilith in before the next chapter--Hope it was okay!! R/R Please!! Your reviews keep me going!!!!