Fan Fiction ❯ An UNusual Friendship ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thanks to my reviewers, Don't worry, A.J, Jaisia's father wouldn't have beheaded Legolas--to crude and boring, he would have stomped on him a few times…more fun that way!! Off we go!!

Chapter 12

At dusk the celebration began as the guest of honor Legolas ended up sitting between Valinar and Tyon, much to his dismay. Tyon was not someone he wanted to be that close too. The Centaurs drank and ate heartily. This was a time when Legolas wanted to keep his wits about him so he was not drinking a lot, hopefully no one would notice.

Tyon did. "Perhaps wine is to much for you. Would you prefer milk? I'm sure one of the mare's still suckling a foal would be happy to oblige," he said. He drained his goblet in one swallow, an obvious challenge.

Legolas smiled. "No, thank you," he replied casually. He took a drink from his goblet. Bastard, I won't stoop to your level.

Tyon scowled at the lack of reaction. "So are all Elves so skinny and pale?" he asked.

"I never noticed actually," Legolas smiled. "I never thought of myself as skinny and pale. I suppose some folk cannot look beyond the outward appearance of another."

Tyon's eyes narrowed as he realized Legolas wasn't going to be drawn into a fight. He stood and moved off to join another group of Centaurs.

Lilith took his place. "Your control is impressive, fair one," she said. She chuckled. "Without my sight my hearing is much better. Tyon believes that we should have no contact with the two-legged folk at all. But we may have no choice. Humans are as numerous as the stars in the sky, we cannot hide from them forever," she said.

"No, you can't," Legolas murmured. "Lilith, how--"

A heavy hand slapped him on the back before he could finish the sentence. "So Legolas, does our feast please you?" Valinar asked. "You eat like a bird and drink like one! HAH!!"

"Very much, I fear I cannot mach your appetites," Legolas said.

"Few can, no shame in it!" Valinar replied. He belched loudly then turned to his mate.

Many of the Centaurs were up moving around now and standing in groups talking and laughing. Lilith was gone when Legolas turned to face her, much to his disappointment. He had many things he wanted to ask her. He stood and looked for Jaisia or Kai. Suddenly someone swatted his buttocks-hard. Legolas whirled with a gasp to see a strange Centaur grinning at him.

"Been wanting to do that since I first saw you, I'm Circe, remember me, sweet cheeks," she said with a wink then walked off.

Sweet cheeks?! Legolas thought. He wasn't sure if he should be amused or insulted. He moved away from the crowd, avoiding a Centaur couple making love and another suckling a child. He got pinched and swatted quite a few more times before he got clear. I'm going to have bruises all over my arse, he mused.

Finally Legolas saw the twins watching a group of Centaurs shooting arrows at a target, occasionally laughing and joking with each other. He went over then realized that Tyon was one of them.

Tyon shot an arrow into the bulls eye then looked at him. "Can you match me with that toy bow, Two-legs?" he challenged.

Legolas was about to refuse the challenge then a few of the Centaurs snickered. That was it, he couldn't back down. "I will try," he said.

"You don't have too, Legolas," Jaisia said. "Not if you don't want too."

"It's all right, after all I should practice," Legolas said, smiling at her. He stepped up and notched an arrow then took aim. He never noticed that other Centaurs, Valinar among them, had come over to watch. Taking a deep breath, Legolas released, the arrow split Tyon's down the middle.

"WOW!!! Great shot, Legolas!!" Jaisia cheered.

Tyon stared in shock then rising humiliation. He forced a smile. "Indeed," he said through gritted teeth.

"Lucky shot, but my thanks. Jaisia, shall we continue our tour?" Legolas asked.

Jaisia nodded then she, Kai and Legolas walked off, leaving Tyon seething.

So what ya think? I thought Tyon deserved to be shown up with all the insults he's been throwing….Like this chapter? Then R/R!!!!