Fan Fiction ❯ Angel Wings ❯ Chapter 1:Friday Night ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Friday Night

Iris Dove sat in her seat at the back of her grade eleven history class with her eyes transfixed on the clock above the door. Uh, I just wanna get out of here! This is slow and painful torture! Stupid clock, has to be so fucking slow.

"Miss O'Neill." Iris' head shot upright from the desk. "Sleeping again Isabel?" Iris shook her head no.

"Sorry Mrs. Johnson. I was thinking about what my project would be on." she curled a lock of her golden blond hair that went just past her shoulders. The entire class had turned around to face Isabel so they could, hopefully, see her get her first detention during her high school career attending heir school. Many of the students began to snicker or laugh and some others smiled with satisfaction.

"Well Miss O'Neill you have all weekend for that so just pay more attention." Iris smiled and nodded.

"Yes ma'am." she answered the stern old teacher as she turned to finish writing a note of the blackboard.

Once the bell rang Iris made her way down the crowd hallway and to the parking lot where she met up with her two older cousins Cassandra and Bonnie. "I swear, I hate having a fake name! I just want people to call me by my real name Iris Dov-"

Cassandra slapped her hand onto Iris' mouth. "Isabel O'Neill. While we are among these humans we cannot use our real names and I know most of your life you never had to change your name but unless you want to get yourself killed or end up in some scientists lab then by all means use your real name and while you're at it why do you just show them your true colours." Bonnie said to Iris in a stern, adult like voice. Cassandra hesitantly removed her hand from her younger cousin's mouth.

"You're right Bonnie like you always are." Iris replied to her cousin in defeat.

"Come on, smile Ir-er-Isabel. Any ways, tonight you don't need to hide your name." a smile returned to Iris' face as she heard those words from Cassandra and the three got into the shiny blue jeep.

As Bonnie sped down the road her long curly brown hair danced in the wind. Cassandra began to remove her layer of makeup from her face and Iris leaned forward to cranked up the volume of the radio. "Hey! What do you think you're doing Isabel!?" Bonnie asked as she turned the music down.

"It was a good song and any ways, you're supposed to crank your radio or do you want to look like a browner?" Iris gave her older cousin a sly look as she went to turn up the volume again.

"Fine," she signed in defeat. Iris squealed and cranked the volume even louder. Cassandra finished taking her make up off and started to tie her sleek black hair into a ponytail as she let her body move to the music. The three teens gossiped the entire drive to Iris' house.

"Okay, I'll see you guys tonight!" Iris shouted as she walked up the drive way to the front door where she unlocked it and went straight to her room just down the hall in the one story house. She first allowed her body to collapse onto her bed. She made a long and tiresome yawn than sat back up sluggishly. Well, the party isn't until 7:00 so I've got 4 hours to burn. She yawned again and laid back. Well, might as well take a nap! I don't wanna be tired for tonight. She shut her sapphire blue eyes and drifted off to sleep.

"Iris!" Iris woke up from her dream immediately. "Come on. Time to get ready!" her mother yelled in a scolding tone. Iris stretched her arms and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She glanced at her alarm clock which read 6:00pm. Her eyes widened and she jumped from the bed and ran to the bathroom where she removed the layer of make up. I hate having to wear all this foundation. She looked at the cotton balls that she used and looked at them sickly. She briskly washed her face with water to make sure all the foundation was off. Iris then padded her face softly with a towel and smiled at her reflection which had changed from when she fist went into the bathroom. Her face was that of a slightly tanned colour and at the corners of each of her eyes were a single small navy blue triangle that pointed towards her ears.

Iris went back to her bedroom where she shut the blinds and opened the closet. She searched through the piles of hanging clothes until she came across one. She took it out and smiled. I think I'll wear this one tonight. She took off her dark denim bellbottoms and orange t-shirt. She grabbed the short sleeved ivory dress that she had taken out of the closet and slipped it on. The dress went just covered her feet and had a low front and back. Iris then put on the velvet blue bodice which had sapphire buttons ringed with gold up the front.

Iris turned to the full length mirror on the back of her door and examined herself. She sensed something was missing but couldn't place her finger on it. Oh! I know what I'm missing! She shut her eyes and shook her head gentle back and forth. As she shook her head, her golden hair grew to the length of her back. She walked over to her night table and picked up the a silk blue ribbon and used it to tie her hair into a loose ponytail. There, now I'm ready. She glanced back at the alarm clock which now read 6:45pm.

Iris scurried out of her room and went into the garage where she slipped on a pair of silk blue ballet looking slippers and went into the backseat behind the front passenger's seat of the black, sleek sunfire. Her older brother Quinton sat beside behind their father who was driving. Her mother wore a similar style dress but instead of a blue bodice she wore a deep red one to match her dulled, shoulder length orange hair and royal blue eyes. Her father and brother both wore ivory coloured dress pants with an ivory dress shirt and coat to match. Quinton looked like a replica of her father. Both had chestnut brown hair and icy blue eyes.

Iris' father drove for about a half an hour down country road until hey came across a dirt road that was barely noticeable that led into a thick forest. They drove down the road for ten minutes and parked their black sunfire among the other parked vehicles. Lights were streamed through the tress like garlands. Iris and her family walked on the wooden pathway to where the others were. The Gaelic and Irish sounding music grew louder the closer they got.

"Hey Iris!" a young teen yelled from one side of the crowd of people talking and dancing. All the people there wore clothes much like Iris and her family wore. From the crowd of people emerged a girl the same age as Iris. She had silky black hair that went to just above her waist and was tied in two loose braids. She wore a pastel green dress with a deep forest green bodice to match her emerald eyes and her triangle shaped birth marks at the corners of her eyes which were long and pointy unlike her friend's. Iris wrapped her arms around her childhood friend.

"Oh Juno! I missed you! I hate how we only get to see each other every Friday!" both broke the huge and smiled at each other.

"Do you think I like it? Hell no! I wish things could be the same. Why did you have to move?" both went and sat down on two large boulders shaped like chairs.

"Because my dad found a job that he wanted as did my mom so me and Quinton have to suffer living like 'humans' and I hate it! I can't use my real name." Iris sighed heavily and looked back at her friend. "Oh my god! I must look like a fool!" Iris exclaimed as she rose to her feet and squinted her eyes for a few seconds then sighed and opened them again. Out of her back exploded two large white wings.

"I was beginning to wonder if I would have to remind you or not. But it did look a little funny seeing you as the only one without their wings out." the two girls laughed and decided to join in on the dancing. As they danced, one male caught Iris' eye. He was tall and had thick, black unruly hair. She didn't het to catch what is face looked like but something drew her to him. Slowly she moved away from her friend to follow him.

"Hey, where are you going Iris?" Juno asked as she grabbed her friend's wrist. Iris turned to face her friend.

"Oh that's Owen. He just joined our group earlier this week but he does live here like I do. He lives in town and attends one of those public schools. Actually, come to think of it, I think he goes to your school Laurier." a large grin formed on Iris' face. He goes to my school! Sweet!

"Do you know his 'human' name?" Iris asked still grinning. Juno, however didn't smile at all.

"Um, unfortunately, no. sorry Iris." Iris frowned momentarily but she was determined that she would find out who her was.

"Juno!" Juno turned towards the voice which belonged to her mother. A tall slender woman with long black hair much like Juno's emerged from the crowd of people. A distressed look was plastered to her face.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Juno asked immediately.

"Vesta's gone missing. We don't know where she is." she was breathing heavily to stop herself from crying.

"I saw her go into the forest Mrs. Jade. If you want, me and Juno can go look for her." Juno's mother nodded and the two went into the forest.

"I hate it when she does this. I just hate it because it scares mom half to death." Juno complained. The two walked around for almost an hour. "She's probably back by now." Juno said as she went to walk back to the party but Iris wasn't ready to go back so she grabbed Juno's hand.

"No, I think I know where she is." Iris whispered to Juno as she looked towards a bush. The two smiled evilly at each other. "Oh well Juno! I guess you're an only child now!"

"Yeah, it's such a shame though. Mom and dad are really gonna miss Vesta!" the two could barely stop each other from laughing.

"Hey! You know what you could do! You could sell all of Vesta's stuff and make a lot of money since she won't be needing any of her toys now that she's gone!" with that said, Vesta came running out of the bush and attacked her older sister. Vest was only 6 years old, eleven years younger than Juno and Iris. Her hair was thick and went just past her shoulders. She wore a simple pastel green dress with a dark green, velvet belt.

"Don't you dare touch my stuff!" she yelled at Juno who was laughing uncontrollably.

"Don't worry Vesta! We were only joking!" Iris explained as she lifted Vesta off of her sister then helped Juno to her feet. Vesta then stormed off towards the party. As Iris and Juno turned to walk back, both got an awkward feeling.

"Something's not right . . ." Iris stated and both looked around carefully. Then, without warning, a large man wearing camouflage clothing jumped out of a bunch of bushes holding a gun.

"Die you damned Angalikans!" he screamed at the two and fired the gun which was pointed at Iris. Juno quickly pushed her friend out of the way and took the bullet.

"Juno! No!" Iris screamed in horror. The man smiled with satisfaction and prepared to fire at Iris but he wouldn't get that chance. Iris turned to the man and thrusted her arm towards him causing and invisible force to send him flying through the air and making him land miles away. Iris fell to her knees beside Juno in tears.

"I'm sorry . . ." Juno whispered.

"No, no! I'm not letting you die Juno! You're my best friend and I'm not about to lose you." more tears streamed down her face. Juno forced a smile which soon faded as her eyes rolled back into her head. "No, no, no, no!" Iris yelled again as she sobbed.

A/N: So I hoped your enjoyed this first chapter and I hope to get the next one up soon so please review. I really want to hear your thoughts on this story so I know if I should continue or not. Oh and all flames can be e-mailed to me at sailor_cosmos71@hotmil.com