Fan Fiction ❯ Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, For You ❯ Bad Luck In Deep Space ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, For You
 
Chapter Forty
“Bad Luck In Deep Space”
 
A/N: Forty chapters and over four hundred reviews. OMG. Awesome.
I love you guys. I really do. I hate to get all emotional and sappy, but it's true. Anyway . . . onto the next chapter, which is dedicated to: BD402. This chapter is slightly shorter than normally; this is because I've been really busy lately and had less time to write than I would have liked.
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 
Jinx was angry.
 
Jinx had arrived at Titan's Tower looking for Cyborg. She had never before gone to the Tower to look for him, but Gizmo, who had been trying to get Jinx to rejoin the HIVE Five for months, had shown her some photographs of Cyborg and Bumblebee on what appeared to be a date. Now Jinx wasn't here to find her so-called boyfriend; she was here to punish him. However, upon arrival she found a note on the door stating that the Titans had gone to Tamaran temporarily. The sorceress was fuming with anger.
 
“I'm going to teach him. Nobody two-times Jinx.” She muttered to herself. She approached the garage door, which was undoubtedly locked. She waved her hand over the door and the pink beams jumped from her fingertips into the steel frame of the door. Then she gave it one good judo kick; and the door fell down. Smirking, she entered the dark garage and flicked on a light. There she saw the T-Car sitting in all its gleaming glory.
 
“This'll teach you to mess around with that whore.” Jinx muttered. She waved her hands around the car and the bad luck kicked in. The tires flattened, the headlights exploded, and the windows cracked. She knew Cyborg would be angry, but she did not care. She was angry with him.
 
Jinx suddenly heard the sound of footsteps outside. She quickly dove into the shadows to hide. Could it be the Titans? Maybe they hadn't left yet? Oh, Cyborg would kill her. Sure, she was angry and she wanted him punished; but she didn't want him to know it was her who destroyed his beloved car.
 
Two figures walked into the garage. One was a woman she did not recognized, but the other was Slade, and she knew him right away. She did a double take, since she had assumed he was dead, but was able to keep herself from gasping in surprise.

“Why are we here father?” Rose asked as she looked around the garage.
 
“Borrowing a ship.” Slade replied. “We have to get to Tamaran; and the Titans happen to have a fine space cruiser.”
 
Jinx's eyebrow rose a few inches. Slade was alive, and he was following the Titans? Now that sounded interesting. She smirked with devil-like glee at the idea of the Titans being defeat by their own spaceship. And she knew Cyborg deserved it, after what he'd done to her . . . but at the same time, she also realized she couldn't allow this to happen. After all, the HIVE Five had abandoned her; all she had left now was Cyborg. As mad as she was, she could not let him be killed. Then she would have nothing at all. That is when a great idea came to her.
 
Oh yes, this would be fun.
 
----
 
“Now this is a nice ride, Sparky.”
 
The Titans were inside the same Tamaranian Spaceship that Shady had arrived in two years ago, the night before their fateful trip to Starfire's home world. Cyborg had been allowed to keep the ship as a gift from Myand'r and Luand'r, and he had been ecstatic about it. Over the past two years, he had made several modifications and adjustments to it, and he had spruced the side of the silver ship up with a blue stripe like the blue on his own body. Right now Cyborg and Bumblebee occupied the control room of the ship. The Tamaranian instruments were still in place, but he had installed his own control panel that he understood how to navigate. Cyborg sat behind the controls, flying the ship himself in his big Captain's chair. Bumblebee sat beside him and was spinning around in her fullback swivel chair, enjoying herself thoroughly.

She had shown up in Jump just as the Titans were preparing for their journey. She had been upset, coming to talk to Cyborg regarding a very curious rumor that had reached her ears. Aqualad had apparently been in Jump recently and he had spotted Cyborg hanging out with Jinx - and of course, he reported this back to Bee right away. Bee had been ready to tear Sparky a new plug, but the second she showed up he invited her to go on a romantic trip to another planet and she had decided to sit on what she'd heard; at least until Cyborg managed to do something stupid and piss her off.
 
Elsewhere on the ship, Raven was sitting at the bar in the kitchen. She looked around the tiny room, memories flooding her head as she sat on the red and gold barstool. It was two years ago, in this same kitchen, which she and Beast Boy had kissed for the first time. She had kissed him, she remembered. That night had been filled with awkward moments and near-death experiences with shoe-worms. Raven shuddered a bit and used her psychic powers to make sure she was alone in the room. She could not sense any other lifeforms. She knew that the ship had been on Earth, in the Titan's garage for two years ever since it had been given to Cyborg as a gift from Starfire's parents; but she couldn't rid the memories of the ten foot pink snakes that had almost killed them all once before.
 
Then Raven's psychic powers kicked in and she felt a life form approaching the other side of the kitchen door. Although whoever it was, she knew it was one of her friends. The signature in her mind was too big to be a shoe-worm; unless this one was even bigger than the previous ones.
 
The door opened and Beast Boy entered the kitchen. She relaxed, seeing it was only him.

“Where have you been?” She asked him as she swiveled around on the bar stool to face him.
 
“Looking for something to do. Space-travel is boring.” The green teen complained as he sat down on the stool next to Raven. “Cyborg's being all show-off-y to Bee and won't play Gamestation with me.”

As one of his modification to the Tamaranian ship in the last two years, Cyborg had installed a Gamestation for his and Beast Boy's uses.
 
“So ask Robin.” Raven wisely replied.
 
“I would dude, but he and Star are locked away in one of the rooms talking.” Beast Boy responded.
 
“Talking about what?” Raven asked, letting her curiosity get the best of her.
 
“No clue.”
 
“Oh please, like you weren't outside the door with your ear pressed against the keyhole.” Raven rolled her eyes.
 
“You honestly think I would try to eavesdrop on my friends?” Beast Boy acted as if he was hurt by the accusation, but Raven knew better.
 
“Terra beat you to it?” Raven asked, but she knew the answer.
 
“Yeah.” Beast Boy admitted when he was caught in his obvious lie. “Ah well, this way works out better for me. Terra will still tell me all the details, and this way, if Robin catches her, I won't get in trouble.” Beast Boy grinned.
 
“Well aren't you just the little evil genius?” Raven's sarcasm didn't take a back seat to anyone. She let out a small yawn and then she flicked her hand. The refrigerator door opened and a pair of soda cans floated out and sat themselves down in front of the two before the door closed again.
 
“Dude, thanks Rae.” Beast Boy grinned. She nodded her head, knowing him well enough to know she did not have to ask if he wanted one or not.
 
Outside the door and down the hall, Terra was indeed down on bended knee pressing her ear against the door of the room Robin and Starfire had occupied. She was trying her best to hear bits and pieces of the conversation.
 
Inside the room, things were a very different mood than the rest of the ship. Robin and Starfire were sitting on the edge of Starfire's bed, speaking quietly. Starfire had called Robin into her room and informed him that she wanted to speak to him, but now that he was here, she could not find the right words to tell him what she knew she needed to tell him before they landed. If they arrived on Tamaran and Robin learned the details of the ceremony for the first time from her parents, it would be disastrous. She had to be honest and upfront with him, just like Raven had advised her to be; but she did not know where to begin.

Therefore, for the better part of an hour, they had just sat in silence. Robin had a hand on her back, rubbing her shoulders softly, but he was not speaking to her. He had learned from experience and from living with Batman that sometimes people just needed their own space and they needed to do things at their own pace. While truth be told, he was very curious as to what she wanted to talk to him about, he wasn't ready to push it out of her. God knows Robin could get answers out of people if he wanted them badly enough, but he was not about to force Starfire to tell him anything. If she wanted too, she would; it was that simple.
 
“Robin?” Starfire whispered his name quietly. She was hunched over and looking down at her shoes. Robin rubbed her back reassuringly.
 
“Yes?”
 
“You love me, don't you?”
 
“That's a silly question Starfire. You know I do.”
 
“And that is never to change?”
 
“That's an even sillier question.”
 
“Robin it is just . . .” Starfire stalled.

“Just what, Star?”
 
“The ceremony is a big step.” Starfire mumbled. “And while it is something I do want, I did not expect it to come so soon.”
 
“What's this whole ceremony about, anyway?” Robin asked in a clever attempt to get some answers from her. Perhaps by talking about the ceremony itself, it would give him some clue as to what her problem was.
 
“Long ago, Legend tells of Gandrake the Great. He was a Tamaranian Warchief. This was back before the planet was united under one king. In those days many different Kings fought for control of Tamaran. Gandrake was the greatest of them all, that is why them mountain the ceremony takes place on is named after him. Anyway, according to Legend Gandrake fell in love with a beautiful warrior and she claimed to love him as well.”
 
“Claimed?” Robin echoed. “She didn't?”
 
“Oh no. She only said it so that he would marry her and make her queen. Then she tried to poison him, but he found out about it and had her beheaded.” Starfire replied.

“Gee, so far this ceremony sounds like great fun.” Robin replied in a sarcastic fashion that could have put even Raven to shame.
 
“The Legend continues. It said that Gandrake then fell in love with another woman, and he married her to replace the queen who had tried to kill him.”

“Did she try to kill him too?” Robin asked.

“No, but the day after their wedding he found her in bed with his brother.” Starfire replied. “He had her executed as well.”
 
“This is really depressing Starfire.” Robin admitted.
 
“That is how Gandrake felt. Finally, one day after a battle he met another woman. She was different than his first two wives. She was perfect for him, and unlike them, she truly did love him for who he was, and not because he was Gandrake the Great. By now, Gandrake was so suspicious that he refused to marry her, even though they fell in love. So to prove that she loved him, she climbed the tallest mountain in Tamaran. Of course, my people can fly, but she was so heartbroken from Gandrake's rejection that she lost her powers.”
 
Robin had experienced something like that before with Starfire, and understood how Tamaranian abilities were driven by emotion.
 
“Gandrake realized she was climbing the most dangerous mountain on my planet because of him, and he felt horrible that an innocent woman would be in danger due to his reject. He set out to find her, but he too lost his ability to fly because of his sadness. When he finally reached the top of the mountain, he found her sitting at the top looking up at the moonlight. He asked her why she climbed the mountain, and she said it was to show him that she loved him. The two fell in love and got married on that very spot, just as the moon aligned with the planets. Gandrake and the woman became the first reigning King and Queen of the entire planet, and they stayed in love until the day they both died.” Starfire concluded the story, or so it seemed.
 
“Well, that's certainly a happier ending Star; but what does it have to do with us?” Robin asked her.
 
“It is said that Gandrake blessed the mountain, so that anyone married beneath the moonlight when the planets align will be blessed with eternal luck, happiness and love. The planets only align once even one thousand seven hundred and ninety three years. So it is not something that can wait and though I know this is not something we spoken of I had thought that it was our only chance because we will not be alive the next time and I am sorry to spring this on you like this but it is the only thing I could do and Raven said I should explain so I am explaining and -”

“Starfire.” She often got carried away when speaking in a hurry like she was, and he had barely even caught half of that. She paused when he said her name and shut her mouth, looking down at her shoes once again.

The wheels in Robin's head were clicking and turning and he had to process this carefully. That story, did it mean . . .?
 
“So . . . wait. We're going to Tamaran to get . . . married?” Robin asked.
 
“Mmmhmm.”
 
“Ah . . . oh.” Robin replied, genuinely speechless.
 
“If you do not want too we can go back, I should not have -”

“No Star, it's not that.” Robin interrupted her immediately. “I do want too, I just didn't expect this.” He paused for a minute, thinking about what he had just said. Well, it was the truth. He had not expected this, not in a million years, but oddly enough, he did not mind. How could he?
 
Starfire opened her mouth to say something, but at that moment, the entire ship shook from an impact and Robin went falling right off the bed and landed on the floor. Starfire fell forward and landed on the bed, and Terra wound up flying right through the door and tumbling until she hit a chair.

“Ouch!” Terra complained as she rubbed a red mark on her head.
 
“Serves you right for eavesdropping.” Robin snapped as he climbed back to his feet. “What was that impact?”
 
The ship shook again, Robin fell backwards; but this time Starfire caught him with an outstretched arm and kept him from hitting the ground. Suddenly Cyborg's voice filled the entire room as he spoke over the intercom.

“Everyone get to the cockpit; NOW!”
 
Robin, Starfire and Terra quickly exited the room and ran down the hall, on the way they meet up with Beast Boy and Raven. Beast Boy had soda in his hair and on the front of his shirt and had obviously been drinking a can of pop when the last impact came. Once the group of five reached the cockpit, they found Cyborg sitting at the controls, maneuvering the ship in a hard turn. Bumblebee nodded for them to come over.
 
“We've got company.” She informed them, pointing at the ships radar consul. It showed several small red dots closing in on the large blue dot that was their ship. Beast Boy sighed.
 
“Dude, does there always have to be somebody trying to kill us?” He asked sadly.
 
“Looks like it.” Raven replied.
 
“Can you outrun them?” Robin asked, ignoring the chitchat and running to Cyborg's side.
 
“Not a chance. They can outrun and outgun us.” Cyborg let out a nervous chuckle. “I wanted to make good time to Tamaran, so I transferred power from the ships defensive systems to its engine for extra speed.”
 
“So we don't have any way to shoot them down?” Terra cried out in horror.
 
“Basically.” Cyborg sweatdropped. “But we're making awesome time.”
 
“There has to be something we can do.” Robin announced.
 
“There's a spacesuit in the back.” Cyborg remembered. “But there's only one; and the oxygen tank isn't full.”
 
“So . . . what are you saying? One of us can go walk on the outside of the ship, using limited oxygen, and fight these things?” Beast Boy blinked.

“Yep, that's `bout it.” Cyborg nibbled on his lip nervously. “Question is, who?”
 
“Not much of a question.” Raven replied. “Terra's powers are useless in outer space, Beast Boy and Starfire couldn't do anything inside a spacesuit, Robin won't have access to his belt, and we need you to drive. That only leaves me and Bee, and of the two of us I'm a better fighter.”
 
“Excuse me?” Bumblebee seemed insulted by this.

“Please. You shoot lightning from a small golden B; I'm a demon.” Raven pointed out. Then she headed towards the spacesuit hanging on the wall, but Beast Boy stood in front of her.
 
“Dude, you can't just—”

At that moment the ship was hit with another laser and Beast Boy fell over onto his side. Raven didn't waste time. Instead of getting dressed manually, she simply floated into the spacesuit and used her powers to merge inside of it.
 
“No time for an argument Beast Boy.” She floated up towards the ceiling of the ship and phased through it using her powers. Starfire headed towards the door; but Robin stopped her.

“Where are you going?”
 
“My species can survive in space. I have before.” Starfire truthfully pointed out. She could live in outer space, and had done so before on different occasions. “Raven will need my help.”
 
Robin sighed and stepped out of her way. Starfire opened the door and stepped into a small room between the ship and the outside. She closed the hatch behind her, and then opened the second door that led to the outside of the ship. She flew out, her hands turning green, and she flew up to the roof where Raven, in the spacesuit, was waiting.
 
“There are twelve of them.” Raven informed the Tamaranian. Starfire looked out towards the tail end of the ship and she could see several smaller spaceships flying towards them. They were shaped like H's. “You take them out, I'll use my powers to shield the ship.”
 
Starfire nodded and flew towards the oncoming ships, her hands powering up with the familiar green glow. Starfire hurled a barrage of starbolts at the enemy ships, but they avoided them all. The next thing she knew, one of the H-shaped cruises was on either side of her. She flew upwards and hurled Starbolts to the one of her right. She hit it and it exploded; but the one on her left used that opportunity to zap her with a blue beam that electrocuted her.
 
Starfire screamed and passed out. Raven quickly used her powers to take a hold of Starfire's unconscious body and hoist her back to the ship. The H-shaped cruiser that had zapped Starfire began firing red laser beams at the Titan's ship, but Raven blocked them all with her powers. Once Starfire was on the surface of the ship, Raven used her mental abilities to phase the redhead through the roof and her unconscious form landed on the ground in the cockpit. Robin quickly scooped her up in his arms and muttered some very rude words about their enemy.

Raven did not have time to communicate with her fellow Titans inside the ship. She slashed the air with her right arm and a stream of black psychic energy cut through one of the H-shaped ships like a hot knife going through a baked potato. The ship was severed in two and exploded.
 
Several lasers hit the surface of the ship around Raven from behind her and she had to act fast to put up a bubble of black energy around the ship and herself. The lasers ricocheted off the dome and bounced back onto the ship that had fired them and one right next to it; both of them exploded and illuminated the black of space with bright yellow flames. Four of their enemies had been taken out, but eight remained.
 
It was at that moment another H-shaped ship approached the Tamaranian cruiser the Titans were in; and it fired its lasers. Raven whipped around in time to block them with her shield, but the impact was close and the ship was damaged partially. Over her communicator, she could hear Cyborg screaming about her being more careful, but she ignored him. The H-shaped ship was coming back for a second pass. Raven readied her energies, but before she had a chance to attack a bright laser beam, this one green, sailed right through the ship and destroyed it.
 
Raven stared wide-eyed, as the Titans own spaceship flew by and shot down two more of the H-shaped ships. She shook her head. This didn't make any sense. How could their ship be out here in space with them when none of them were flying it? It didn't seem to matter, though, since their ship was saving them.

Back in the cockpit below her, Cyborg's mouth had fallen open.
 
“What the hell? How did my ship get up here?” He asked himself.
 
“Why don't you call the ship and see?” Bee suggested. “Maybe Speedy followed us.”
 
Cyborg nodded and punched a few buttons on the control port. A television screen on the dashboard flickered on, and Slade's face appeared on the other side.
 
“Ah, fancy running into you here.” Slade's sardonically said.
 
The Titans all seemed to freeze as if it were a bad dream. Robin's eyes were as wide as potatoes, and Beast Boy's jaw fell to the floor. Cyborg was the first to recover as anger pulsated through his body.

“What the hell are you doing in MY ship!?” Cyborg screamed.
 
“Saving YOUR ass.” Slade replied simply; outside the ship's window, they saw the T-ship fly by and destroy another of the H-shaped enemies.
 
“Why?” Robin demanded in the rigid voice he reserved for his conversations with Slade.
 
“Do you really think I'd let someone else kill you?” Slade answered in all honesty.

“So you're saving us from these dudes so you can kill us yourself?” Beast Boy blinked.

“Does it surprise you?” Slade asked.
 
“Naw.”
 
“Wait one damn second!” Cyborg shouted. “You're supposed to be dead! How did you survive? AND HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET MY SHIP!?”
 
“You left your garage door open.” Slade replied. He shot down two more of the enemy ships in the air, and then he grinned sadistically. All of the H-shaped ships had either been destroyed, or had retreated. “Ah, now for the fun part.”
 
Slade's ship - the T-ship - flew up directly behind the Tamaranian cruiser. Robin gritted his teeth as he looked from the screen where Slade's mocking mask was staring at them, to his arm where he held the unconscious Starfire. They were in a bad situation. Raven's spiritual shields would only be able to hold for so long.
 
“Farewell Titans!” Slade called. Just at the second, the T-ship split apart into five sections. Slade, bewildered, cried out in surprise. “What the hell?”
 
Two of the sections floated randomly in space with no one flying them. The main cockpit, which Slade was in, continued on the Titans's tail, as did the right wing where Rose had been riding silently. The left wing, however, flew behind Slade and Rose's portions and opened fire on them.
 
“Father, what's going on?” Rose shouted over the transmissions. The Titans could not see her on their screen, but as they were tuned into the frequency, they could hear her.
 
The laser blasts from the left wing hit Rose's right wing and she screamed over the transmission before her line went dead. Rose's ship fell out of sight, spiraling through space. Slade swore loudly, shut off his transmission line with the Titans, and flew after his daughter's ship. The left wing flew up onto the Titans's tail. Cyborg tried to establish contact with the ship.

“Hey, thanks a lot for the save back there budd-” Cyborg's words were cut short when a laser blast hit the Tamaranian vessel; fired from the left wing.
 
“Don't thank me yet you back-stabbing bastard.” Jinx's face appeared on the small television screen and Cyborg paled considerably, a bead of sweat running down the back of his neck.
 
“J-J-Jinx. Hi.” Cyborg could feel Bumblebee's eyes boring into the back of his head, and he made a conscious effort not to look at her, for fear that the anger on her face would be so great it would melt him.
 
Jinx shot at the Titans once again. “Don't hi me. You've got three seconds to tell me why I shouldn't blow your two-timing ass up.”
 
“Dude; you'd kill us all just cause your mad at Cyborg?” Beast Boy asked astonished.
 
“Duh.” Jinx replied.
 
“Sparky, why do I suddenly have the urge to slap you?” Bee asked him, apparently oblivious to the fact they could all be killed at any moment.
 
“Err . . . listen . . . girls; can we talk about this after we land?” Cyborg asked.
 
“No.” Both Jinx and Bee responded in a hostile fashion.
 
Suddenly Jinx vanished from the television screen, and behind them, the left wing of the T-ship stopped moving. Cyborg, and all the rest of the Titans, blinked in confusion. A moment later Raven floated in through the ceiling with a gigantic black ball of light behind her. The ball was shaking and vibrating, and it was clear to all there that the demon girl had captured Jinx.
 
Raven said nothing to anyone, she floated out of the cockpit and down to the hallway closet, which she shoved the ball of light into and then locked the door. Then she floated back into the cockpit and over to Cyborg; she slapped him across the face.
 
“Oww, hey, what was that f—”

“That was for your hormones almost getting us killed.” Raven cut him off. She then flew over to the edge of the room and removed the spacesuit, hanging it back on the wall. As she did so, Bumblebee smacked Cyborg in the back of his head.
 
“Ouch!”
 
“Shut up Sparky.” Bee flew out of the room, down the hall, and locked herself in the kitchen.
 
“Dude, you're soooooo busted.” Beast Boy grinned as he sat down in the now vacate co-pilot seat Bee had gotten out of.
 
“Oh shut up.” Cyborg snapped, and then he hit Beast Boy in the arm.
 
“Right now we have a bigger problem than Cyborg's love life.” Robin interrupted all of the arguments.
“Yeah. Slade.” Raven announced correctly as she returned from the corner of the room, once again dressed in her usual cape. “Anyone know how that guy keeps coming back?”
 
“I gave up trying to figure that out years ago.” Terra replied. She was leaning against the wall with a tired look on her face.
 
“How about we figure out who was with him?” Robin, after forcing Beast Boy to give up the seat, set Starfire's unconscious form down in the co-pilots chair. He stared at her for a moment before returning his attention to the rest of the group.
 
“You're right. Somebody was flying that second ship.” Raven let out a small sigh. “And I'll bet Jinx knows who it was.”

Without another word, Robin slipped out of the room and headed towards the closet they had locked Jinx in. Beast Boy turned to Cyborg while he was gone.
 
“Dude, didn't I tell you this was going to happen if you kept dating both of them?” The green teen asked.
 
“Yeah.” Cyborg sighed.
 
“And did you listen to me?”
“No, but hey, can you blame me? I mean, taking dating advice from you makes about as much sense as making Slade a kindergarten teacher.” Cyborg defended his choice.

“Dude. That hurts. I know a lot about dating!” Beast Boy retorted.
 
“Oh really? Since I've known you you've asked out at least two hundred girls; and only two of them ever said yes.” Cyborg replied.

Beast Boy sweatdropped and scratched his neck nervously. “Well . . . yeah, but, dude, that's better than you.”
 
“No. I've had three lady friends; and all of them liked me. Three for three is a lot better than two for two hundred.”
 
“Yeah, but Beast Boy didn't date his two at the same time.” Raven pointed out. “That's the difference.”
 
“Aw, what do any of y'all know?” Cyborg muttered.
 
The door opened and Robin returned; Jinx was with him. She was out of the black bubble, but now her hands were bound with a pair of Robin's handcuffs.
 
“What do you want?” Jinx demanded. “I liked it better in the closet.”
 
“Listen, Jinx, who else was in my ship with you?” Cyborg asked nicely.
 
“Screw you sparkplug.” Jinx spat at him. “You're lucky my hands are tied up or I'd redefine `unlucky' on your ass.”
 
“She's a bright ray of sunshine, huh?” Terra's always-inappropriate humor kicked it, as it usually did, at the worst possible time.
 
“Jinx, you had better start spilling the beans.” Robin demanded, stepping in front of her with his eyes narrowed and genuine fury in his voice. It was enough to make Jinx pause. Robin's mind and heart were both with the unconscious Starfire right now. His patients were worn very thin, and he was not in the mood for her stupid games or Cyborg's romantic problems. This was the dangerous Robin who had been known to do rash things without thinking of the consequences. Jinx did not know of those things, but she could feel the serious tone in his voice cut into her skin like fire.
 
“I don't know who she was. She was someone in a purple costume, with a sword on her belt. She called him `father', though, back in your garage.” Jinx decided to answer them truthfully, and deal with her anger towards Cyborg at another time, when she was not handcuffed to a chair.
 
Father?” Robin repeated flabbergasted.
 
“Wouldn't surprise me.” Raven shook her head. “He had a son, remember? He came after us the last time we were on Tamaran.”
 
“Rose.” Terra whispered. They all turned to look at her.

“You know her?” Beast Boy asked.
 
“No. I've never met her . . . but I remember . . .” Terra's voice became a little shaky and she looked down at her shoes. “I remember back when I was with Slade. One night it was late. I woke up in the middle of the night and went looking for him. Well, I got to his control room, and he wasn't there. But his computer was still on. There was a girl on the screen. He was watching her secretly. I read on his computer that she was called Rose Wilson. She was his daughter. But I couldn't read much more about it, because I heard footsteps and high-tailed it back to bed.”
 
“Slade has a daughter?” Beast Boy shook his head.

“A purple outfit and a sword . . . the woman from the chemical factory!” Robin concluded.
 
“What? You mean that crazy chick with Plasmus?” Beast Boy's eyes widened. “Dude, yeah, that makes sense.”
 
“It doesn't matter right now.” Robin decided, leaning against the wall. “There's nothing we can do about Slade or his daughter at the moment, so we're just going to have to wait. Right now let's just focus on getting to Tamaran in one piece.” Robin then glanced over to Cyborg. “I need to talk to you in the other room.”
 
Cyborg sweatdropped and tried to think of an excuse. “I'm flying the ship, man.”
 
“There's an autopilot.” Robin reminded him.
 
“Well, yeah, but what if something else attacks us?”
 
“Then Beast Boy will come and get you. This can't wait.” Robin warned his friend in a grave voice. Cyborg could already guess what the conversation would be about. Sighing, he stood up from his captain's chair, which Beast Boy quickly invaded, and he switched on the autopilot. Then he followed Robin out of the room wordlessly. They walked down the hall in silence until they reached the empty dining hall. Robin walked in, waited for Cyborg to take a seat at the table, and then closed the door behind them.
 
“Cyborg, you have to do something about -”

“Jinx and Bee? Yeah I know.” Cyborg sighed and set his head down in his hand. “Believe me Robin, I know how bad I screwed up.”
 
Do you?” Robin asked harshly. “Look, I looked the other way before when it was all harmless; but now that it's interfering in the Titans's business, I have to step in Cyborg. We need Bumblebee's and the Titans East's cooperation; and at the same time, it's been really nice not to have to deal with Jinx trying to kill us.”
 
“I know, I know, but it isn't so clear cut.” Cyborg responded with a sigh. “I'm not just playin' them Rob, I really like them. Both of them. Maybe that sounds wrong, and hell, maybe it is wrong; but I can't help the way I feel.”
 
Robin shook his head. “I realize it can't be easy being in your situation Cyborg; but you can only be with one of them, and you know it. I'm not going to tell you who to choose, or how to choose; because frankly no one can make those decisions but you - but the point is you do have to choose, and you have to deal with whatever consequences that choice brings.”
 
Cyborg nodded. “I hear you.”
 
“And you're going to have to talk to Jinx. It's too late to take her back to Earth, so you either have to convince her to behave herself on Tamaran, or I'm going to have to ask Raven to contain her for the time.”

“Okay man. I'll handle it.”
 
Robin nodded and left the room, leaving Cyborg alone to think about the mess he had made.
 
----
 
Above the planet Tamaran, the Dark One's ultimate battleship was poised, paused in space just outside the atmosphere of the planet. Due to advanced weaponry, the ship was cloaked and invisible; unable to be detected by the eye or by technology. The Seven Dark Ones were having a meeting with their general, Blackfire.
 
“My Lords, I have a plan to conquer Tamaran, but it will take some patience on your parts.” Blackfire informed her masters.
 
“Tell us.” One of the Dark Ones demanded in a hissing voice.
 
“It's quite simple, actually.” Blackfire smirked. “You see, my sister, the princess, is coming home for an old Tamaranian ceremony. While they prepare for this ceremony, the Royal Family will be off guard. As I've already told you, a head's on invasion of my planet would be suicidal on our part, since my parents have a very powerful machine. If we get any closer to Tamaran than we are now, it will detect us, and the entire army will be dispatched to defeat us.”
 
“Do you believe the army could defeat us?” One of the Dark Ones asked.
 
“Since the army consist of nearly everyone on the planet; yes. Don't forget, my people are a warrior race, they live for war. We'd be outnumbered and overpowered. And after an incident two years ago when a man called Slade attacked my planet in stealth, they built a powerful machine able to detect any unauthorized access to the planet; even by cloaked ships.”
 
“Then how do we get there?” The leader of the Dark Ones inquired, his voice filled with a cold chill.
 
“Simple. While they're all busy preparing for my sister's ceremony, my spy on the planet will deactivate the machine. Then you can land your ships in the deserts. The sandstorms will provide you the perfect cover. No one will be the wiser. You can amass your armies in the cover of the sandstorm, and then attack when my people are vulnerable.”
 
“Excellent.” One of the Dark Ones responded. “Well done, General Blackfire.”
 
“Hey, no problem. I never liked my planet anyway.” Blackfire grinned. “But don't forget our deal; when it comes time to deal with my sister, you all back off. She's mine.”
 
“I do not forget deals I make, nor would I break my word.” The leader of the Dark Ones growled. “But do not forget your promise, either. Raven must die. Be it by my armies, or by your hands; I do not care. As long as she dies.”
 
“Oh she'll die. They all will.” Blackfire grinned. “Thanks to the `gift' you gave me.”

Blackfire's wicked grin only widened further at the thought of her gift. Before, Blackfire had been lucky. She was one of only two Tamaranians able to produce “starbolts”. Only she and her sister had this unique ability, making them truly the strongest of their people. Now, however, she had a new ability that made starbolts look pathetic by comparison. Making a deal with an intergalactic demon was the best thing she'd ever done; especially since she knew she now had the power to kill Starfire and the rest of the Teen Titans.
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 
A/N: That's it for chapter forty. Review Replies are below, but first: the latest news from the Titans Rumor Front!

I read, on a very reliable fansite, that Season Five shall contain the doom patrol. For those who don't know, the Doom Patrol is a very important part of Beast Boy's past. Rumors also have it that Jericho, Red Star, Bushido, Argent and a few other Teen Titans will be making their animated appearance in the new season. This is big news; especially the bit about Jericho. For those who don't read the comics, Jericho is a mute who can possess people with his spiritual powers. He also has a romantic relationship with Raven, and, most importantly of all he is Slade's son.
 
The appearance of an animated Jericho is huge news to me, since it means Slade will most likely be playing a big role; and I'm a big Slade fan. Although since Jericho does have a relationship with Raven, and I'm a die hard BB/Rae fan, I'm also very worried about his appearance. -_-` Ah well, we'll have to wait and see.
 
Well, anyway, that's it for rumors. Onto review replies.
 
IGAF-kun: Hahah, thank you. I try to be mind boggling with my plots. As to your questions; this is the last of Raven's siblings she'll be dealing with, Slade doesn't like being dead, so he doesn't stay dead, and . . . that's about all. XD. Thanks for reading.
 
TheSkeet: Thank you; I'm glad you liked it.
 
april4rmH-town: No problem April: to post a fanfic go to your author page and go to “upload a document”. Select the document from your computer, and just hit “upload” the story will upload, then you just have to go to the create a story page and select the rating, write the summary, ect, ect; and then hit “create new story” and it'll be made. ^^
 
SuperrachiE: Well, the ceremony doesn't have to do with making babies; as you saw, it was a wedding. But after a wedding comes a honeymoon, and we all know what happens on a honeymoon. *wolf whistle* anyway, thanks for reading.
 
Mirielle: Heheh. Slade is amazing. He's gotta be the best. And yep, you were right; Jinx found a way to come along. Don't feel too bad for Star or her planet . . . sure, they're in trouble, but things always work out in the end . . . maybe. XD
 
Kodra: Mmm. You're very observant my friend, but I assure you, it is a not a mistake on either of our parts. I can't say anymore without causing major spoilers and whatnot, but trust me, I know what I'm doing; and you'll find out soon enough. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and trust me when I say everything will become clear soon . . . if it hasn't already.
 
DarkSin: Never ending story, huh? Yeah, it does feel like that. But sadly it will end; in just ten more chapters (maybe). As for a sequel, no I don't plan on a sequel to this one; but I will be writing more teen titans stories. I'm planning one having to do with Red X, but that won't be up for a while.
 
Starbolt07: Hope I didn't make you wait too long; thanks for reading.
 
Samanthe2121: I shall certainly try too. ^^ Thanks, for reading and all.
 
GizmoBunny: Yep, it shall stay at this time. No flashing forward. And I know, I'm sad there's only ten chapters left too. But . . . you never know. If I get more ideas, it might go past fifty. There's always a chance I might try for one hundred. XD I doubt it, but you never know.
 
PinkFlamingo44: Well I'm glad you're liking it. I'll try to keep it good.
 
Death's Wicked Truth: No problem DWT; I'll do my best to keep the story coming quick, and coming good. Thanks for reading dude.
 
Oranfly: No problem; I love updating. ^^ Glad you're still enjoying it.
 
Girl Wonder 2005: Thank you; I appreciate hearing that.
 
HRH-Ft-Louie: Aww, no prob Lauren. I'm glad you like Terra. I'm trying to erode her bad image by making her funny in my story; personally I like Terra . . . just as long as she isn't with BB.
 
Goddessruling: Yeah, I know. Poor Rose. Ah, but she's a homicidal psychopath now. Hehe… Star Wars flash back, huh? Rose is kinda like Anakin. Turned evil. Don't worry; lots of BB/Rae coming up in the near future. That's a promise.
 
BD402: Don't worry, there's going to be a big BB/Rae/Terra controversy coming up. I've been saving it. It'll be fantastic drama; I promise. As for your question; yes, the leader of the Dark Ones is one of Raven's half brothers. Very evil too. As for who Cyborg will settle down with . . . can't tell ya. XD And due, I'll totally go check out your HP fic as soon as I get some free time. Book of Homunculus, huh? Homunculi are cool. XD
 
Lambbaby: Yeah, I like Blackfire too. As for your other questions . . . you'll see soon enough my friend I promise.
 
Defender: Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the story. ^^ Always cool to have a new reader.
 
Pickles12: Ding, ding, ding! Pickles is right! The ceremony is a marriage type thing. Props to you, dawg. XD
 
SparkyX: Yep. It'll be like back in the very beginning of the fic. Full circle, y'know? And I'm glad you approve of Rose and Blackfire. ^^
 
scathac's warrior: No need to bug me, SW; as soon as this one is done, I'll be starting a new one right away, and that's a promise.
 
IllegalDayNightSnappingIguana: I'm glad you liked it dear friend. O.o People shopping? Well, I must say, you're a bit strange, but dude, that idea is SOOOOO freaking cool! I'll have to try that sometime. Dude, that sounds awesome. About the new dresses and stuff. Yes. You better update soon. I love your story; you know I do. And I want to see more. Soon! Anyway, talk to you later Winter dear.
 
Kazzy103: Yep, Rose is a seer. She's awesome, isn't she? California huh? Awesome! I love it there. Yeah, each of the Titans has a huge enemy except BB; but that's going to change when the Doom Patrol joins in, in season five. He has a whole team of arch enemies. O.O And they all dress like him. XD
I Like Grapes: I'm very happy to hear you like it so much; and that Cy/Bee/Jinx stuff will start real soon. No worries m'friend.
 
Sersee Grayson: To be honest, I couldn't find any info on Mariand'r except for her name. I made up all the stuff about her in my story, aside from the name and her parentage. If you can find a site about her, let me know. X_X I looked for one, but couldn't find it. You're idea about what happens at the ceremony is almost right. You'll see. ^^ Thanks for reading.
 
Poison-Ivy15: Actually I think this one will be the last of Raven's siblings in this story; unless I decide to continue past fifty, then who knows what might happen. Actually, I just got a good idea and I very well MIGHT go past fifty. Who knows. ^_^ Anyway; there will be some BB/Rae fluff coming soon. I promise you that.
 
Thanks to everyone who reviewed; I'll be updating this AND Ten Years Later again very, very soon.
 
Adios,
- GS