Fan Fiction ❯ Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, For You ❯ The Sister's Starfire ( Chapter 42 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, For You
 
Chapter Forty-Two
The Sisters Starfire
 
A/N: You see? I really am back. Quick update, hooray! XD
Anyway, two things I must say in today's notes. The first was pointed out by my good buddy Kodra, who noted that the Titans pretty much killed all their enemies in the last chapter. Indeed they did! But for good reason. Remember, these are the oh-so-evil Dark Ones that murdered the Titans and their children in the alternate timeline, so . . . for once they're not taking chances on letting them live. O.o
Also, I shall mention mirielle! Why? Because it was mirielle who spotted the “Lost” homage I did with the hatch. XP What can I say, I got a new DVD set. Anyway, I shall stop my talking now, and send you on your merry way to read the new chapter. Have a good day!

Also, credit I give to
Kodra for the name of the Leader of the Dark Ones. Thanks for helping me out with that dude.
 
So this chapter is dedicated to Mirielle andKodra.
 
Also, to answer the question asked by Waffler, all of the names of the Dark Ones are Japanese words. Saru means “Monkey”, Kaze means “Wind”, Hono means “Flames”, Baku means “Ghost/Ghoul”, Umi means “Ocean”, Rai has something to do with lightning, and I forget what Zutto means “Forever, a long time”. Duamathrax was given to me by Kodra, I do not know what it means, if anything.
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 
There was a metallic silver lab on the Dark One's space cruiser. All of the Titans and Jinx were strapped to chairs in this laboratory, as were King Myand'r, Queen Luand'r and Galfore. Currently all of them were asleep, dreaming in their dreams about the strange world of illusions they were in. The entire events with Rai the Bolt, Saru the Rock, Kaze the Cloud and Umi the Wave had not really happened. The Titans were inside a dream world that played on their minds, distorted their reality and made them believe things that were not true.

Of course, if you died inside this dream world, you would die for real.
 
The true dark ones were in the laboratory. Seven of the dark ones were strapped to machines just like the Titans - and four of those seven had died. Rai, Umi, Saru and Kaze were now lifeless bodies strapped to the machines. The other three, Hono, Baku and Zutto were still alive, and still having fun.

The eighth, and leader, of the dark ones, sat in the real world, watching the dreams of everyone else on monitors. The advanced alien technology, mixed with ancient demonic rituals, allowed him to watch the private dreams of those inside his machines. He laughed and scratched his chin. He was a horrible creature. Long ago his mother, a warmongering empress of a planet far away from earth had a child with Trigon the Terrible - and the result was the Master of the Dark Ones: Duamathrax. Thrax was the master of the Dark Ones, and their most dangerous member. His skin was like black silk, but as tough as steel. His eyes, which he had eight, were yellow and there were two of them on each side of his head. His mouth was like that of a spider's, and he had horns like a goat growing out of his head. A long tail like a scorpions, and clawed hands and feet completed the look of eternal evil.
 
“Hahahahah. . . Titans, you have done well. I thank you all very much.” Thrax said aloud.
 
Blackfire, who was no longer hooked up to the machine, scratched her head. “Why are you thanking them, sire? They killed four of your own!”
 
“Fool.” Thrax smirked. “Why do you complain? The fewer of them there are, the more power you shall have when we have won.”
 
Blackfire hesitated for a moment, and then a small grin split across her face. She crossed her arms and looked back at the eight-eyed demon lord who was her master now.
 
“So that's the point of this little game, eh Thrax?”
 
“What do you mean?” The silk-skinned demon asked.
 
“You have the Titans captures and asleep. If you wanted to you could just kill them all now. Instead you're messing with this whole dream world charade. You WANT the other Dark Ones to die, so you have more say-so in the future.”
 
“I do this because it is fun.” Thrax replied with a twisted grin. “If I wanted them dead, I would kill them myself. I assure you, the Titans will die, as will your family. Then Tamaran shall be added to the list of planets I rule.”
 
Blackfire's eyebrow rose several inches. That hadn't been what they discussed in the past. She took a step forward and cleared her throat. “I thought you said I could rule Tamaran.”
 
Thrax looked at her with the two of his eyes on the right side of his head. The eerie yellow glow from those eyes pierced into her, and she shivered. “Idiot . . . I merely used you, Blackfire, as I did all the other Dark Ones. Actually while we're on this subject, I have no further use for you.”
 
Blackfire dropped her jaw and flew up into the air, meeting him on eye-level. “What the hell are you saying?” She demanded, her hands glowing pink with Tamaranian energy.
 
“I am saying the entire Royal Family shall die . . . starting with you.”

A flash later, two bright bolts of yellow light shot from Thrax's eyes and impaled Blackfire in the chest. She flew hard and fast at the window, unconscious and dripping blood as she shattered through the glass and fell to the Tamaranian desert below. The ship was floating over the barren wastelands that made up most of Tamaran. Blackfire hit the ground, and the ship continued to fly away.
 
She had been left for dead.
 
However, someone found her.
 
“Is that Starfire, father?”
 
Rose the Ravager, dressed all in purple and holding her sword, looked down at Blackfire's unconscious body. She kicked the bleeding Tamaranian once with her boot, but her father stopped her.
 
“No . . . that is her sister. She may know where our prey has disappeared to.” Slade confirmed, bending down near Blackfire's body. “Tend to her wounds, Rose, see to it that she survives.”
 
----
 
“Why does this stuff always happen to us?”
 
Beast Boy and Cyborg were in the world of illusions. While their friends were flying high over the seas once ruled by Umi the Wave, they were wandering through a dark cavern. How they had gotten there, neither of them knew. They had no clue where the others were, or what they were doing. What they did know was that they were alone and in danger.
 
“Stop complaining BB.” An irritated Cyborg sighed.
 
“Dude, what is with you?” Beast Boy asked. “I've never seen you so glum. I mean, sure, we're in some freaky place full of evil aliens who want to murder us, we have no clue where the others are, and we could be walking into a trap - but this kind of thing happens all the time. What's up your butt man?”
 
Cyborg sighed and leaned against the wall of the cavern. He turned his shoulder light on, to illuminate their surroundings, and then he looked at his green buddy. “You have no clue what I'm going through, do you BB?”
 
“Umm . . . yes I do? I'm here too, remember?” Beast Boy said, tapping his buddy on the head.
 
“I mean with Bee and Jinx.” Cyborg snapped.
 
“You don't think I know what its like to have two women in your life? Dude, is your brain plugged in or what? Have you not seen what's going on?” Beast Boy asked, shocked by what Cyborg had just said.
 
Cyborg seemed confused. “What do you mean?”
 
“Hello? I'm talking about Terra and Raven.” Beast Boy told him flat out. Cyborg's human eye widened, and the robotic one turned bright red.
 
“Are you telling me you still have feelings for Terra?” He asked, surprised completely.
 
“No dude! Rae's the only girl in my book,” Beast Boy quickly confirmed. “But Terra still has feelings for me.”
 
“How do you know?” Cyborg asked.
 
“She told me,” Beast Boy replied. “Two years ago, after that whole incident back then with Slade and Time Travel and all that crap. She flat out told me, but I told her that things had changed, you know . . . still, she . . . dude, sometimes when we're alone together she says things, and does things . . . I think she's trying to win me back from Raven.”
 
Cyborg began to crack up laughing. To him, this was the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard. “BB, I know you think you're irresistible to women, but believe me, you're not.”
 
Beast Boy scowled. “I'm being serious dude! Terra flirts with me when Rae is not around. I told her to knock it off, but she doesn't.”
 
Cyborg clearly did not believe him. “Thanks B, I needed a good laugh. Now let's work on getting out of here.”
 
“Get out of here? Keheheheheh . . . you are going nowhere, methinks.” A low, creepy voice spoke before Beast Boy had a chance to respond. Cyborg and Beast Boy both froze on the spot, and turned to look down at the other end of the tunnel. Cyborg's shoulder lamp illuminated a large, gray creature with a scaly body and dark eyes. It quickly hid behind its wings when Cyborg shined the light on it.
 
“Who the heck are you?” Cyborg asked, transforming his arm into a cannon.
 
“I am Zutto the Gorgon,” The creature replied. “One of the Dark Ones, and I have come to feast on your blood and flesh.”
 
“That's kinda sick.” Beast Boy replied, making a nasty face. Cyborg couldn't be sure if he meant the eating-meat part, or the fact they were the meat. Either way, Cyborg whole-heartedly agreed.
 
“What's wrong, Zutto? Afraid of the light?” Cyborg grinned widely.

Zutto's tail shot out of the shadows and shattered Cyborg's shoulder light, instantly plunging the entire cavern into total, sheer darkness.
 
“Well,” Beast Boy complained. “That was a good idea.”
 
There was a roar from the darkness ahead of them, where Zutto had been, and Cyborg aimed his arm cannon and blasted away. However, as the blue-and-white beams illuminated the cavern's tunnels, they saw Zutto was now crawling on the roof like spider. Cyborg gulped and shot again, but Zutto scurried across the walls and evaded again.
 
“Hang on, Cy!” Beast Boy jumped at his friend, morphed into a cheetah, and Cyborg jumped onto his back. Beast Boy ran down the tunnel's path as fast as he could, with Cyborg sitting backwards on his back, firing at Zutto - who was now behind them and closing in fast, making a sinister snake-like hissing sound the entire time.
 
“Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap!” Cyborg shouted, each time his sonic cannon missed Zutto, who was still running up and down the walls like a bug. Beast Boy picked up the pace, as Zutto spit an acidic limey substance on the ground behind them. It fizzed and ate through the solid stone floor.
 
“BB, must run faster, MUST run faster!” Cyborg yelled at Beast Boy, who increased his pace once again, now running as fast as he could with Cyborg's weight added to him. Zutto was closing in again, and Beast Boy gulped ahead as he saw a light. The end of the tunnel was in sight. Beast Boy jumped out of the tunnel, and to his horror, he found that, he had just jumped headfirst into the crater of a volcano.
 
Beast Boy quickly changed his shape into a pterodactyl, and grabbed Cyborg, who had begun to fall, by the shoulders. Unfortunately, Zutto spread his long, gargoyle-like wings and flew right after them. Now that they could see Zutto from the light of the boiling magma below, they were horrified by what they saw.
 
“You cannot escape!” Zutto screamed - and then he burst into flames. A fireball erupted forth from the magma below and scorched Zutto into ash. Cyborg and Beast Boy looked down, and saw a large lava rock sitting on a boulder that floated in the midst of the magma. The lava rock had flames coming from its back, and arms and legs like a person.
 
“Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, I missed!” The lava rock hissed. “Hono the Flame, am I! Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, I guess I killed Zutto. Eh, I never liked him anyway.”
 
“ANOTHER ONE!?” Cyborg screamed in frustration. “COME ON, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!”
 
The lava rock said nothing, instead he began to grunt and strain his face. Cyborg blinked, and if Beast Boy had been able to speak in animal form, he probably would have made a constipation joke. However, a split-second later giant fireballs shot off of Hono's flaming back and headed right at the two titans.
 
Cyborg fired his sonic cannon at each of the fireballs and destroyed them, but he gulped. He was beginning to run low on power from all the times he'd used his cannon; and on top of that it took an incredible amount of sound energy generated to disrupt the fireballs as they flew at them. He could not keep this up for very long. So he decided to take measures into his own hands, and he transformed his other hand into a cannon as well and fired them both.
 
They struck the boulder Hono was standing on, and it cracked in two and sunk into the magma, bringing Hono with it. Cyborg grinned - but the triumphal grin soon turned into a sigh of despair.
 
Hono rose his head out of the magma, and he was smiling. “Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho . . . you try to kill a flame with fire? You amuse me, silly metal man!”
 
Hono puckered up his lips, as if he wanted a kiss or was going to whistle. Instead, he shot a thin jet stream of flames right at Beast Boy and Cyborg; Beast Boy quickly swerved to avoid the flames, and Cyborg aimed a blast at Hono, but he missed.
 
“You have no chance.” Hono laughed; and then his head exploded in green light. Cyborg blinked, and then looked up. On the other side of the volcanic crater, Starfire was floating in the air, her hands and eyes glowing with a brilliant emerald-colored fury.
 
----
 
Right around the time her sister was saving Cyborg and Beast Boy from Hono, Blackfire woke up. She groaned and shook her head. The last thing she remembered was being shot in the chest by Duamathrax; now as she looked down she found her chest was bare save for the large amount of bandages wrapped around it. Her head hurt, and she had the taste of blood in her mouth.
 
“Good morning, Blackfire.” A cold male voice reached her ears. She looked up and saw Slade and Rose standing above her.
 
Blackfire tried to move, but in a flash Rose had her sword out and she pressed it against Blackfire's throat.
 
“Do not move.” Rose instructed her, and Blackfire, who felt the sharp, icy blade on her neck, did as she said.
 
“Who are you?” Blackfire hissed.
 
“I am Deathstroke, the Terminator. You may call me Slade.” Slade replied. “I'm looking for the Teen Titans, any chance you know where I can find them?”
 
Blackfire smirked devilishly. “They'll be dead soon. Duamathrax is just toying with them in his ship. If you want to save them, you're too late.”
 
“Save them? No, no, no, my dear, you misread my relationship with them.” Slade replied, smirking himself behind the double-colored mask that hid his identity. “I merely want to be the one who ends their miserable lives.”
 
Blackfire's face changed. No longer was there any anger, or confusion - only pleasure. She had lost her chance at revenge when Duamathrax had knocked her from the ship; but now she was given a second chance, and that made her grin. “Then I think we can help each other.”
 
----
 
“Are you okay?” Terra asked Raven.

The group was still flying on Terra's floating rock, and it was a glum sight. Bumblebee and Jinx would not talk to or look at one another. They sat, back to back, watching opposite sides. Still the group flew over the ocean, and still they had no sign of their friends. Robin was very silent, looking on the rear of the rock, keeping a watchful eye out for anything or anyone who might try to harm them. Raven, who was wiped-out exhausted, was still in Terra's arms leaning her head against the blonde-haired woman's shoulders, and her eyes were closed.
 
“I'm fine.” Raven whispered.
 
“You look like hell.” Terra told her.
 
“I feel like hell,” Raven replied, still speaking in just above a whisper. “It doesn't matter.”
“Get some sleep. We'll keep a watch out for you.” Terra reassured her.
 
“No.” Raven flat-out refused.
 
“Why not?” Terra asked her.
 
“I need to be awake. We've still got three of our friends out there, and we both know my powers are our best chance of finding them.” Raven informed her, in complete honesty. Though regardless of the honesty of her statement, Terra could hear there was something else hidden in her voice. Terra fell silent and sighed. She knew it was only a matter of time before everything came out into the open, and she dreaded that day.
 
----
 
“Friends, you must help me!”

Back at Hono the Flame's volcano, things had not slowed down or cooled off since Starfire saved the green teen and the metal man. She was frantic as she flew around them. The three were now at the edge of the volcanic crater, having flown over it, and now they were making their way down a steep incline towards a cemetery below.
 
“Relax Star, we'll handle this Baku guy.” Cyborg assured her.

Starfire had already told them the horrible story of what had happened when she first woke up. She told them how she and her parents had been placed inside large glass coffins, and then had been buried alive in the cemetery. She told them how she had managed to escape, but she could not get Myand'r and Luand'r out. She told them how a gigantic creature that wore a black sheet with a white mask for a face, calling itself Baku the Shadow, had attacked her and she had only barley escaped with her life.
 
Now she was leading them to that cemetery where her parents were buried alive. Her hope was they could triumph over Baku and save the King and Queen. However, they all knew it was dangerous; what they did not know was that Baku was the most lethal of the Dark Ones, aside from Thrax himself.
 
“Here we are,” Beast Boy announced glumly. “Spook central.”
 
The graveyard was filled with harsh, dead earth. Like a badland. The trees were all barren and the ground was black with soot. Only the tombstones were white, like giant marble beacons of the atrocities committed here. Starfire quickly flew to the eastern side of the graveyard, where there was an empty grave - it had been hers. Baku had buried the Tamaranian Royal Family alive, and now Starfire looked at the two graves on either side of hers.
 
“My parents . . . are they still alive?” Starfire whispered.
 
Cyborg checked a scanner on his arm, and his face lit up brightly. “I'm picking up two lifeforms. They're weak, but still there. We're just in time Star. Let's dig `em outta there.”
 
“You return to me, eh red?”
Starfire whipped around, so did Cyborg and Beast Boy. There was Baku the Shadow, the last remaining Dark One, and the worst of all. He looked rather comical in comparison to his fearsome friends. Baku looked like a man wearing a white sheet as a hood and robe, with a mask like Slade's, but completely black. There were three eye holes in the mask, but only the ones on the right and left were open. The third eye, which was in the middle of his forehead, was shut tight.
 
“Man . . . they sure don't make supervillians like they used too.” Cyborg smirked.
 
“Idiot, you laugh at my appearance, eh? Heheheh . . . go on, laugh; it'll be the last time you ever do. I'm Baku the Shadow; the Three-Eyed Death.” Baku announced proudly. “Anyone who stares into my third eye is paralyzed by the grip of fear.”
Baku was proud of his third eye. Anyone who stared at it, even for a split second, would instantly be frozen by fear. They body would cease to work, and they would see and hear only their darkest dreams and greatest nightmares. Their fear would come to life and consume them; and while their fears destroyed their minds, Baku would take off his mask and devour their bodies. The only people who ever saw Baku without his mask were his victims; just before they died.
 
“That's it? That's your big creepy supervillian power? Dude, that's nothing compared to some of the stuff we've seen.” Beast Boy declared, crossing his arms across his chest and smirking.
 
“You do not find me frightening?” Baku asked him.
 
“Nope, I sure don't.” Beast Boy replied proudly.
 
Baku's third eye suddenly sprang open; it was flaming and red. None of the three titans could look away in time, and suddenly it was like giant icy chains had sprang across their wrists and ankles holding them in place. Beast Boy screamed as the most horrible moments of his life replayed before his eyes. Cyborg let out a howl of terror as he imaged the things that haunted his dreams, and Starfire was reduced to tears as she saw all of the things that caused her to be afraid. Each of the titans fell to their knees, screaming and sobbing, and Baku just laughed.
 
“I told you I was almighty - OOF!”
 
A yellow blade attached to a red boom-a-rang snared Baku right in his third eye, causing it to snap shut. The bird-a-rang burst into flames and hit the ground, but it had done enough. Baku clutched his face, which bled blood that was as white as snow. The three titans snapped out of their trances, and Starfire, who a moment ago had been experiencing her worst fears, was suddenly filled with an abundance of happiness. She felt warmth in her chest, and a deep-rooted feeling in her stomach that can only be described as hope.
 
“Get away from my friends.”
 
A large flying rock landed on the ground, Robin standing tall on it, his hands out in a judo stance. He was ready for a fight, and so were the others. Terra was behind Robin, still holding an injured Raven with one hand and using the other to pilot the rock.
 
“You bastard! You will burn in hell for that!” Baku snapped; but Robin merely grinned.
 
“Get him, girls.” Robin said simply, and before Baku could react Jinx jumped down from behind him - she had been waiting in an ambush. Jinx waved her arms and purplish-pink waves snapped across the ground near Baku like giant whips, and the dirt crumbled and he fell into one of the graves he had prepared for the titans. A flash later, Bee flew out of the nearby bushes where she had been waiting, and she barraged Baku with zaps from her golden B's to keep him busy.
 
Terra took charge now. She handed Raven to Robin, who held the girl in his arms while Terra jumped off of the rock and her eyes flashed with a dangerous yellow light. The dirt around Baku pushed closed and he was buried alive in his own grave; but unlike what he had done to Starfire before, he was not in an airtight coffin, and he quickly suffocated. Terra then flicked her wrist, and the dirt that piled on top of Myand'r and Luand'r's coffins shot into the air and made two piles beside the graves. The King and Queen of Tamaran both broke free as soon as they could get out, and Starfire squealed with delight and attacked them both with a monstrous hug. It only lasted a minute, however, because as she broke away and shot straight at Robin and tackled him, knocking him to the ground as she embraced the man she loved, and the man she thought she had lost forever.
 
“Robin!”
“Take it easy Star, I'm okay. We all are.” Robin reassured her.

However, a few feet away, Beast Boy was kneeling with Raven. While Terra had defeated Baku, Robin had set her down next to the boulder they had used as a flying device. Beast Boy's face was scrunched up in horror as he saw her. He bent down to wake her up, but Terra stopped him.
 
“Let her sleep,” She told the green teen. “She's really injured, she needs the rest. She was worried sick about you and it's only by luck that she went to sleep at all.”
 
Beast Boy sighed and instead of waking her up, he transformed into a dog and curled up in her lap.
 
It was Terra's turn to sigh, and turn away. She shifted her focus to Cyborg, who was now standing with Jinx and Bumblebee a few feet away from the rest of the group.
 
“Um, hi.” Cyborg said awkwardly as the two of them stood looking at him.
 
“Don't you hi me,” Bee snapped, she was clearly angry with him. “We need to have a serious discussion mister.”
 
“Us too,” Jinx said with a snarl. “Except when we have a discussion it's going to be very violent, and probably bloody.
 
“Listen, girls, I can explain.” Cyborg started to say.
 
“Save it.” They both responded at once.
 
“Look Cy, Jinx and I got to talking on the ride over here. We've come to an understanding.” Bumblebee informed him. “We're both really pissed off, and it's your fault. So instead of taking it out on each other, like we were going to do,”
 
“We're going to take it out on you,” Jinx finished for her. “We know you'll pick one of us in the end, but until you can decide on which one, you ain't getting either one of us,”
 
“And you might not get either one of us in the end anyway,” Bee added. “Depends on how pissed I stay.”
 
“Ditto.” Jinx said.
 
“. . . Grrrrrrrrrrreeeeeat.” Cyborg sighed.
 
Suddenly, none of the titans were talking to each other anymore.

They all woke up. They had been inside the illusionary dream world, and now that world dissolved around them and they all woke up to find themselves strapped to medical tables in the metallic silver lab of Duamathrax.
 
“What the heck?” Robin gasped. A moment ago, he had Starfire in his arms, now he was strapped to a table in an alien spaceship.
 
“Wakey, Wakey Titans, anytime you're ready to join the fight, I'd be grateful.” Slade's voice filled the room. All of the Titans, Jinx and the Royals looked across the room. Slade, Rose and Blackfire were currently caught up in a battle with Duamathrax; who was shooting lasers from all eight of his eyes. Blackfire flew around the room, hurling starbolts at him, and Rose was slashing at his feet wit her sword. Slade was standing next to the now-destroyed controls for the dream machine.
 
“Slade!” Robin gasped.
 
“Oh come on, are you really that surprised to see me?” Slade said, smirking behind his mask. He then hit a button, and the restraints on the titans broke off. “Well Robin, we'll see you after the fight, if you survive. C'mon Rose!”
 
Slade threw a ball on the ground and it exploded, engulfing the lab in smoke. When the smoke cleared, Slade and Rose the Ravager were gone. Blackfire however, was still there.
 
“That backstabbing sonovabitch! He was supposed to get me out of here too!” Blackfire complained as she dodged a laser from Thrax.
 
“You are one to speak of traitors!” Starfire yelled at her sister.
 
“Oh, puh-lease. We'll talk later Star, for now let's just kill tall, dark and ugly.” Blackfire smiled sweetly at her sister.
 
“Titans, Go!” Robin yelled, ending the debate. “Let's take down the last of the Dark Ones!”
 
“Idiots,” Duamathrax growled. “I am Duamathrax the Destroyer, son of Trigon the Terrible, Master of the Dark Ones and Lord of Destruction; you have no chance!”
 
“Son of Trigon? Raven, you're dad was WAY too horny.” Terra yelled.
 
“Okay, there's one conversation I don't want to have, ever.” Raven replied as she clutched her chest with one hand and held onto Beast Boy with the other. Terra blushed and whipped around; she had thought Raven was still unconscious, but the gothic titan was now awake. Blood ran down from a cut above her eye, and the bruises on her chest and stomach, visible through the many tears in her black leotard, were swelling. She looked horrible, but for now she had to fight through the pain. She knew she would be needed for this upcoming fight.
 
Outside the ship, Slade was smiling as he held a round, blue orb in his hand. Rose looked at it.

“What is that father?” She asked.
 
“A mind-control sphere, I liberated it from Duamathrax's possession when we were in there. After the Titans kill him, he won't need it.” Slade replied.
 
“What will we use it for?” She asked.
 
“I have a contact back on Earth who can use this for his plans. I must return to that contact, Rose. He will make good use of this device,” Slade turned to his daughter and put his free hand on her shoulder. “I want you to stay here, Rose. Stay and kill the titans. Wait for the opportune moment, just like we planned. I will meet you in Gotham City when you're finished here.”
 
“Yes, father.” Rose nodded, and she ran off in the direction of the Tamaranian desert, to prepare the trap they had planned. Slade, meanwhile, headed towards where the Titans had landed on the planet - he was going to steal their ship and use it to get back to Earth, where his contact was waiting.

If the Titans survived Duamathrax, then he knew Rose would kill them, and in the meanwhile he would be busy back at Earth.

After all, his business contact wanted the mind-control orb quickly; and The Brotherhood wasn't known for their patience.
 
“Farewell, Teen Titans. My only regret is I won't be there for your final hour.” Slade whispered.
 
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 
Eight chapters left before the end! ^o^ Can you believe it?
 
CAN YOU DIG IT?
 
Anyway . . . reviews will make me feel warm and fuzzy, and therefore make me update faster. See y'all later, don't hesitate to IM me on AIM if you want --- GoldenSama is the screen name.
 
Peace, yo!
 
- GS out.