Fan Fiction ❯ Before the Slayer ❯ Dear Diary.... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Before the Slayer 1: Dear Diary
 
Dear Diary:
It's cold here. And quiet. Almost dozing off, but I must refrain. I must write this all down, so that when I die, the world will know the truth…
Blood. Pain. Death has come for me at last. I just hope he will give me enough time…
 
She walked down the street, a normal girl on her way to either a nightclub or a casual restaurant, most likely out to find love. 4' 11”, 18, with a fiery temper that only one or two people knew about. Quiet, never really knew love, but was very curious about it. That, was me on the night this all started. I didn't look it, but I could fight hard, although I had never really had to use my skills before. I wasn't really out to go clubbing, but rather, out to meet someone, more specifically my best friend Alex's newest boyfriend.
“Lilly!” Alex (a tall girl with light brown hair and green eyes) squealed in excitement and delight when she saw me. She ran up to me, and squeezed my tiny form tightly. Naturally, I gave up my silent act and panicked at the sudden noise and constriction.
“Ah! Hand at the level of your eye!” I cried frantically, remembering the Punjab rope trick from the Phantom of the Opera and putting my fist to my forehead to prevent strangulation. She backed off, pouting fakely, but smiled when I hugged her gently. I knew she was lovesick.
“So,” I started as we walked to the table in a pretty fancy restaurant. “Who is this mystery-man whom you simply will not stop talking about?” I asked mildly with my slight British accent. I had lived in New York for most of my life, but had still somehow managed to keep my accent, soft though it was.
“He should be back any minute now. He just had to go to the bathroom.” she replied, blushing slightly and sitting down. I sat as well, keeping my back straight and watching everyone.
“Hello, love.” a soft, silky voice said from across the table where Alex was sitting. My gaze snapped to him, and I instantly froze, my eyes widening. Upon seeing me, he did the same, neither of us breathing. I guess it was because the both of us had shocking blue eyes and black hair that looked like wire, but felt like silk. I noted silently that his accent was the same as mine, only stronger. I was the first to snap out of the shock, and stood, extending my hand for him to shake. He blinked a few times, and stood up as well, removing his arms from around Alex's waist. He took my hand, but instead of shaking it, he kissed it gently. We both sat down, (again in my case) and he introduced himself. He said his name was Michael Smith, and I told him my name: Lilly Jones.
And so, the dinner began with me very impressed; but, little did I know, that it had only just begun…