Fan Fiction ❯ Best of Friends ❯ "Uncle Logan! Learn some Manners!" ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 6-
Desiree woke up the next morning at six a.m. She jumped up and went to Logan’s room. Crawling onto the bed she stands up and starts jumping up and down. “Uncle Logan wake-up!” she says over and over again. When she realized that wasn’t going to work she say down at the bottom of the bed and crawled up to where his face was. “Uncle Logan” Says and shakes him. “WAKE UP NOW!!” she yells suddenly.
Logan sat up quickly and his head hit hers causing her to fall back. He quickly moved to catch her before she fell onto the floor. Tears sprung to her eyes immediately when brought back safely next to Logan. “C’mon kid don’t cry” he says as tears started to fall down her cheeks. He pulled her close to him and quickly checked to see if her head was bleeding at all.
“Ah didn’ mean t’ “ she says
“It’s ok kid, don’t worry about it”
“Y’ gotta hard head Uncle Logan, cuz dat realleh hurt!” she tells him. “Y’r supposed t’ kiss it better” Desiree informs him. She sits there and waits and when he doesn’t move narrows her eyes at him. “Ah’ll tell Mama”
“Kid..”
“Uncle Logan” she says scowling him. He leans in and kisses her forehead. “Dere, now we gotta go get breakfast and din ah get dressed an’ din we go t’ school” she tells him getting up.
“No, get dressed first”
“Why?”
“I said”
“but”
“no, go”
“Fahne” She says and runs out of the room back into hers. Shutting the door she goes to the closet and pulls out a pair of jeans with little butterflies going up the side and then slips on a t-shirt that also had several of butterflies on it. She pulled out a pair of black boots and slipped them on. For the next five minutes she tried to tie them.
“Kid..” Logan said knocking on the door. He walked in and saw her sitting on the bed struggling.
“Ah wanted t’ tie dim on meh own” She says tears coming into her eyes again.
“Why?”
“Cuz ah want t’ show y’ ah not a baby” she says looking down. He moves and ties her shoes quickly.
“I know ya not a baby” He tells her. Just as Desi goes to answer Rogue walks in.
“Why are ya’ll up so early?” She asks
“Gonna take her out and get some breakfast” Logan says and Rogue smiles.
“Come here sugah” she tells her daughter and takes her hair brush off of the dresser. She puts Desi’s hair up with her white bangs hanging down. “Ya’ll have fun ya hear” Rogue smiles as the two walk out of the house.
As soon as they left Remy walked downstairs. “Logan took Desiree out for breakfast” She tells him. “He spoils her evertahme he comes here”
“Everyone spoils her chere”
“Ah know” Rogue shakes her head. “And ya let her get away with so much”
“Do not chere..I jus’ never punish her” He grins. Rogue walks over to the table.
“She forgot her glasses” Rogue says “Ya think we should run ‘em up there?”
“Des coulda gotten a pair from upstairs..” Remy said. “’r maybe she didn’ wanna where dim”
“Ya know how she is though”
“We’ll run dim up in a lil bit oui” Rogue nods slightly worrying. “Chere from what the petite say they saw her eyes yesterday, da only t’ing dat bother her was what dey said,”
“Ah know it’s just” She hugs Remy and he kisses the top of her head. “Logan’ll take care of it.” she says taking in a deep breathe.
“Oui”
---------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------
Logan pout Desiree on the front of the bike. He sat behind her placing a small helmet on her head. “Ready kid”
“Oui M’sieur!” She exclaims as the motorcycle starts up. They sped away down the road. Desi looked back with a large smile on her face and it lasted until they arrived at the restaurant. “What dat sign say Uncle Logan?”
“IHOP” he tells her
“Y’ hop? Lahke a bunny?” she asks giggling as he removes her helmet.
“That’s the name of the place”
“y’ say y’ hop” She says and starts giggling again.
“c’mon” he says and she takes his hand as they walk across the parking lot.
“Smoking or non smoking” The lady questioned
“Smoking..”
“Uncle Logan” Desi says “Smokin bad”
“Non smoking” he mumbles and they direct him towards a table.
“Merci Madame” Desi says smiling at the young lady. “Are y’ gonna say t’anks?” She asks Logan.
“Thank you” he growls.
“Cute kid” The girl laughs and walks away.
“Would you stop doin that kid?”
“Doin what? Mama an’ Papa always say t’ use manners, an’ Uncle Logan y’ need t’ learn some” she smiles
“Brat”
“Am not”
“Yes ya are”
“Non!”
“Yes” Logan growls
“Well y’ still love moi anyways” she says smirking.
“I could leave ya here”
“but y’ won’ Mama would hurt y’ an’ din so would Papa an’ dat wouldn’ beh good” she grins knowingly.
“Yer evil”
“Non” she says “Ah’m jus’ smart Uncle Logan, Papa say ah’m too smart”
The waitress walked back up at that moment to take the drink orders. “What would ya’ll like to drink sir?”
“Coffee”
“And you young lady?”
“Orange juice please” she tells the lady who smiles at her. She nods.
“Ah’ll be back with ‘em in just a minute”
“Y’ shoulda said Please Uncle Logan”
“I don’t say please kid”
“Well y’ jus’ did”
“Brat” he glared at her and in response she stuck her tongue out at him. She glanced over at a group of kids at another table and smiled a bit before turning away because of her eyes.
“She’s one of them freaks” one of the teenagers spat out. Logan looked over at the boy with a threatening glare.
“Dan she’s just a kid leave her alone” A girl next to him said “Maybe they accept them around here, we don’t know so just leave her alone.
“They should all be shot dead”
Desiree looked at Logan with tears in her eyes and he stood up picking her up in his arms and walked over to the two teens. Desi could be heard sobbing on his shoulder as they approached. “Next time you wanna say something about someone like her be quieter, and if ya ever make my goddaughter cry again I’ll kill you”
“Whatever old man”
“Stop please” Desi cries lifting her head. “Uncle Logan ah can feel it..he don’t like us. It..it so strong” She says crying even more.
“Dan she’s only a child, I’m sorry sir..” the girl says
“Shut up Sara” He says to her
“Look why don’t you and the freak kid just get out of here” He tells Logan standing up, revealing him to be about 6’2. Logan growled in with his free hand his claws suddenly popped out making a ‘snikt’ sound. Desi held onto Logan even tighter when she heard the sound. “You’re a freak too”
“Dan! Just leave them alone”
“Uncle Logan Ah wanna go…he mad” She says
“Yer lucky the kids with me, or I would rip you to shreds” Logan growled.
He walked to the front of the restaurant and was followed by the waitress. Logan ignored her and the door slammed shut behind them. He set Desiree on the bike and tilted her head up. “Ya don’t listen to ‘em ya hear me, buncha punks”
“Uncle Logan he was so mad an’ an’ he wanted t’ hurt us..” she bites her bottom lip. “Y’ were getting mad, realleh mad at him especially when he say freak” She looks at him. “We not freak are we..ah’m not a demon gal am ah Uncle Logan, am ah?” she questions with tears falling down her face again. Logan’s face softened at he saw her tears fall and her shaking a bit.
“Listen kid, you are Not a demon girl, ya understand” He tells her. “You don’t go listenin to them kid, never, they don’t know you and if they looked beyond what they saw they’d know yer an angel” He tells her. “And nobody’ll mess with ya kid, I wont let ‘em” he tells her and suddenly she jumps into his arms.
“Ah love y’ Uncle Logan” She says sniffling. “Merci” She whispers. The six year old stayed there for a few minutes before letting go and wiping her eyes with her shirt.
“you too kid”: he tells her finally. She smiles at him and kisses his cheek. “We better get ya to school huh?”
“Oui Mama won’ be happy if ah’m not dere on tahme” she tells him and is seated back on the bike. They quickly start off towards the school.
As the two arrived the kids were still crowded around the front of the School. Izzy ran up to Desi as soon as she removed her helmet. “Doll” He exclaims getting her and Logan’s attention.
“Whose this?” Logan grumbled.
“Izzy, he da one dat save me yesterday” She says “Izzy this mon Uncle Logan”
“G’day Uncle Logan” Izzy grins. Logan blinked at the boy and looked at him like he was crazy.
“Be nahce Uncle Logan, he don’ lahke strangers” She whispers the last part to Izzy who started laughing.
“When do you two go in”
“ ‘bout ten minutes mate, ya gonna stay or go?”
“Will ya stay PLEASE!!!” Desi asks.
“Fine” he grumbles and follows the two towards the steps.
As soon as the bell rang kids started piling through the doors and filling the hallways up. Desiree hugged Logan quickly and ran inside with Izzy following her. She stopped at the door and turned around waving a bit before disappearing. Logan did go very far away from the school.
Recess came quickly and the two kids quickly met up with each other. Desi sat down on the swing and Izzy pushed her making her go back and forth. “Izzy, ah’m glad y’ save meh” She says leans her head back smiling.
“I’m glad too Doll,” he tells her grinning just as much.
“Well well well if it isn’t the mutie and the mutie lover” Desi glared at the boy. “I see you aren’t hiding your eyes.”
“Why should ah?” she asks “because ya think ah should, ah lahke ma eyes” She says jumping off the swing. Izzy was surprised by this sudden change from the day before but grinned and stood beside her.
“Go kid, leave ‘em alone” Logan said coming out from the shadow.
“She brought her daddy” The boy said causing the others to laugh.
“He ain’t mon papa” She states. “He’s mon Uncle”
“Leave her alone before I bloody well kill ya” Izzy said and started forward making the boys scurry backwards. Logan made no move to stop the Aussie boy. The three boys ran off and Izzy turned back to Desi and Logan. “Ya don’t gotta worry about her, I’ll take care of her mate” He says “She’s my Doll, nobody will hurt her”
“Good, I’ll leave you responsible if she does get hurt” Logan said to the older boy who only grinned.
“Well ya can go now mate” Izzy says.
“Be outside after school Kid” Logan tells Desi who nods and smiles brightly and the kids go into the school once again.
After School ended the two walked out together and sat down on the steps. “Got a joke for ya Doll”
“Is it as bad as yesterday?” She asked with a giggle
“Wasn’t bad” He says “Ok, what did one mountain say to another”
“What’s a mountain?” She asks
“Really really tall hills some have snow at the top”
“Well ah don’ know” She says
“Meet me in the valley” Izzy said and started laughing.
“Izzy!” Desi exclaimed laughing at the sound of his laughter. “Ah don’ know what a valley be either!” She tells him which makes him laugh more. “Oh F’rget it!” She says giggling. John walked up to the two and looked at them like they were crazy. Desi was the first to notice him “B’jour M’sieur St. John” Desi says with a grin and stands up hugging him. He was a bit surprised but hugged her back.
“Kid you ready?” Logan asked walking up.
“Oui, Uncle Logan Dis is M’sieur St. John, he’s Izzy’s Papa….”
“I know who he is Kid” Logan growled and picked her up.
“C’mon Isaac, we gotta go” John said and put his hand on his sons back walking away.
“Bye Izzy! See y’ tomorrow!” Desi yells and waves
“Bye Doll! See ya tomorrow!” he says grinning.
“Uncle Logan why y’ do dat?” Desi asked as they walked to the motorcycle.
“Do what?”
“Make M’sieur St. John scared” He eyes narrow.
“Dats ma only mon ami papa an’ ya make him go away” She says as he sets her on the bike.
“You don’t know John kid, lets go back to your house”
“Fahne” She says and they drive in complete silence on the ride home. As soon as they enter the house Desi stomps passed her parents and stomps all the way up the stairs and turns around “Uncle Logan needs to learn MANNERS! And after dat he can start bein nahce t’ M’sieur St. John!” She yells and goes into her room making all the adults wince as she slams the door.
“What happened Logan?” Rogue asked.
“Long story, apparently I need to take lessons in people skills” Logan grumbled. “This morning’ some guy was talkin’ about her, didn’ bother her until he called her a freak, then decided I would go and be next, her empathy kicked in and she started crying. Stayed near the school and watched her at recess, some punk kid started messing with her, that Izzy kid took care of him” Logan mumbled. “Pyro was at the school, why the hell was I not told who Izzy was?” he asked.
“Remy promised the petite he give John a chance, she’s friends with the boy so I said ok, not gonna mess it up” Remy told them.
“Ah think that’s what we all need to do, John looks lahke he just wants at raise his son, he didn’t cause no trouble yesterday”
“Fine, I’ll go talk to her” Logan mumbled and walked up the stairs, he knocked on the door before opening it and was suddenly hit in the head with a teddy bear , and then a few more stuffed animals “Look kid, I wont mess with John..”
“Ok” She says crossing her arms. “Y’ promise?” She asks. He nods. “Pinky promise” she tells him and holds out her left pinky. The two hooked and she smiled. Dats good! Ok! She says and hugs him.
“Ya really are a lil brat ya know”
“Non!” Desi exclaims giggling.

Converting /tmp/phpLO2Jb6 to /dev/stdout