Fan Fiction ❯ Best of Friends ❯ Entering Middle School ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7-
The years seemed to fly by. Remy and Rogue watched Desiree start to grow up, as John watched Izzy. The two of them were inseparable now. John, Rogue and Remy all seemed to be getting along, because of the kids. They didn’t hate each other it just seemed a bit awkward to be around each other.
Desiree was entering middle school a year earlier than she was supposed to. At the age of ten she was going to be a 6th grader. Izzy however was 12 and entering the 8th grade, his last year. The two had spent a year apart at school and were ready to be in the same school again.
“Mama Papa!” Desi called out running down the stairs. “Ah’m gonna go t’ Izzy’s!”
“Be careful sugah” Rogue called from the kitchen and stepped out just in time for her to see Desiree run out of the door, her school bag on her back.
Desiree ran down the street and turned the corner left. She stopped and crossed the street before a car came then took off again. Moving down three streets she comes to a large blue house with a single car in the driveway. As she gets to the door she knocks quickly and waits for a second before John answers. “G’day Des”
“B’jour M’sieur John” She said and hugged him quickly.
“He’s upstairs getting ready”
“Merci” she says and takes off, dropping her bag on the couch like it was her house. “Izzy” she says walking into the room. “Oh meh gawd Izzy not ’gain” The ten year old said shaking her head. Izzy was standing in front of the mirror flexing his muscles, which now he actually had.
“G’day Doll!” He says and goes and kisses her cheek.
“B’jour Izzy” She says and sits down on his bed before he could say anything to her. “Y’ gonna be on da football team ‘gain”
“Aye, seems I don’t really have a choice, they NEED me on the team.”
“Psh ah could try out an’ it would seem dey would need me” She laughs. “Y’ good chere but da team jus’ bad”
“Come and cheer me on doll?”
“Course!” She says “Try-outs t’day?”
“Yep” Izzy says, “You should call your Ma’ and Pa’ let ‘em know ya staying after with me”
“Ok!” she says and runs down the stairs to get the phone. “Callin’ meh Mama and Papa M’sieur John!” She says taking it and running back upstairs. As she dials the dumber she skips steps up the stairs and then sits on the bed as she finished. “Papa!” she says “Izzy is tryin out f’r football t’day, is it ok if ah stay wit him?” she pauses. “Izzy what tahme does it end”
“Five”
“Fahve Papa, oui Ah’ll be out front after wit’ Izzy, au revoir!” she says and hangs up. “Papa said ok” she tells him. “Y’ ready t’ go?”
“Yeah c’mon” He says and they head down. “Pa’ we leaving now”
“OK, what time do I need to pick ya up?”
“Five”
“I’ll be out front, you be there”
“Ok Pa’ see ya”
“Bye M’sieur!” Desiree says and grabs her bag before heading out the door behind Izzy.
“She never brings the phone bag down…” John mumbles walking up the stairs to receive it.
------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------
Four or five blocks away the school was becoming packed. Desiree and Izzy approached a few minutes before the bell rang. They walked in and went to the gym to get their schedules.
“Well well if it isn’t Izzy and Demon girl”
“Ah see some people neva grow up” Desiree says glaring at the kids in front of her.
“Shouldn’t you still be in Elementary?”
“Non, ah happen t’ have a brain” She says and pushes passed them.
“She gotta point mates” Izzy laughed and followed her. He waited in line with Desi to get her schedule and then she did the same for him. “We got P.E and computers together” Izzy grinned.
“Dis oughta beh fun” Desi grins. “Where do ya wanna meet, ah got English first.“ she says.
“I got Math..” Izzy grumbled “Lets meet at this corner and then go to computers, I have History after, you have..” he pauses and glances at her schedule. “Math” he says. “Then I got English and you have History, then lunch, hope we got the same..”
“Me t’..ah t’ink weh should since weh have P.E afta dat” She tells him.
“We’re gonna be in the same hall for science and then we get to go home, well Try-outs at least” Desi nods and smiles. She still had to look up at Izzy, he had hit a sort of early growths berg and pretty much towered over the ten year old now. “Your class is right down there, and remember don’t let nobody get ya down, ya did good back there” He says and the two walk there separate ways.

Converting /tmp/phplYmNBy to /dev/stdout