Fan Fiction ❯ Better A Memory Than A Dream ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Why did you leave me love? For fear? For pain? No, it's okay. You don't have to answer. You can't see me here, but I'll stay anyway. It hurts, doesn't it? It hurts to lose the one you love, like I've lost you and you have lost me. But I'm still here; you just can't see me now. I whisper to you in your dreams. Maybe you can hear me there. I fought well, my love. I died fighting. That is the greatest thing a person like me can ever hope to achieve. I am remembered for it, but it hurts…

I am alone now. There was another here, but he has passed. They all pass eventually. I don't want to go. I'll wait here for you…forever…I promise you. I won't even let you go. I will protect you from all hardships and pain. I will love you like none other can.

And should you forget me when these long years have passed, then I haply let you do so. I do not want you to be sad. You have a life to live my love and I will watch over you through it. Are you crying, love? Don't cry. It's sad and painful, but you are so beautiful. Don't cry my love. Feel me with you; hold my strength as yours. Forgive me for not being there to hold you in my arms. Forgive me for having to leave you like this. But there is a time for everything and mine was up.

See it's okay love, you don't have to cry. You can still love and live your life without me. I want you to. If you find another to love, then do so. I do not want you sad. You're looking around the room my love; can you sense me here? Can you hear my voice as an echo in the stillness? Can you feel my touch upon your arm…here?

No? Well, don't worry, my love. Just know that I am here with you. Waiting for you…always…

I know what you'd be saying, "Watching me forever!!!" You'd screech the words.

No, my love, I'm not watching you like that. Just looking after you. Because I love and you love me. And until I stop loving you, I have no where else to go. And I will never stop loving you. Never. Because you are the only one who ever showed me love. She taught me how to love, how to feel emotions besides hate and revenge. You taught me so much. And now I can't repay you…ever.

I was foolish, stupid and foolish. I shouldn't have gone into battle. I should have stayed at your side. But I went and now I'm gone forever…waiting.

You know how I hate to wait, love. Of course you do.

Come to think of it, if it doesn't involve you…then of course I hate it! Damn it why the hell did I go into the stupid battle? I hate to be without you! I hate everything that is not you!…um…err…except for battle. Damn it I am so stupid.

Okay, I'm going to calm down, love. I'm sorry I'm yelling. It's not at you. I would never yell at you.

Well it looks like we're not getting our story book ending, eh? Who does anyway, right? Ah, but I was hoping…wait…I don't hope, never mind.

So I just wanted you to know that I love you and I never meant to leave you. But I did and here I am, waiting…waiting forever until you come, or until I am forgot. I just hope you keep me in your memory love. Dreams can be broken you see and then they are forgot. But even though memories can be broken, they can be remembered to. Better were I to be a memory than a dream…