Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Eternity ❯ Betrayal ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10: Betrayal

Lossëdil leaned against the balcony and gazed down at the garden below. Two figures walking caught his attention and he narrowed his eyes. His lips pulled back in a snarl as he watched the elf and mortal walk together. Rage made his eyes turn to a dark brown and they glowed slightly. Betrayal washed over him in waves and disgust as well. It looked like his cousin didn't blame the mortal for the death of Ambardil and instead had befriended him once more. Whatever sanity he had snapped in that moment and he knew that Legolas would have to die as well. He was contaminated by that filth of a mortal and didn't deserve to live any longer.

"Lossëdil?"

Making his face expressionless once more he turned around and gazed at the healer.

"Yes?"

"It is time for you to return back to your rooms.

Nodding in agreement, he walked forward and waited until her back was turned. Rushing towards her he stepped up to the healer and swiftly snapped her neck. He watched as her body fell to the floor and was still. Grinning slightly, he grabbed her feet and quickly dragged her into his room. Lossëdil placed her on the bed and covered her with the blanket. Looking at his work in satisfaction he knew that anyone who looked in here would think he was asleep. Now was the time for vengeance and he would make them pay. Letting out a mad chuckle he left the room and quietly closed the door.

~

The trees overhead swayed gently in the breeze and the birds sang sweetly. Legolas began to sing softly and Estel smiled at him. The two of them had decided to take a walk in the gardens and to spend some time together. Estel's wounds were on the mend and in a few more weeks, he would be completely healed. The prince was sad though because when that happened Estel along with the twins and Elrond would be returning to Imladris.

"I am glad that I met you Legolas."

The prince gazed at the mortal and golden hair fell over his shoulder.

"Why do you say that?"

Estel slowed to a halt and winked at him. "Because I have a feeling with you around life will never be boring."

Twin snickers sounded behind them and they both turned around. Elrohir was leaning against Elladan and they were both almost falling over in laughter.

Taking great gulps of air Elrohir straightened and smirked at them. "And I bet father shall soon rule the day that you two had met."

"Yes I bet you two will get into tons of adventure and end up injured in each one." Elladan snickered.

Estel glared at the twins and shook his head. "Oh and aren't you two the dynamic duo who always get into some kind of scrap. I seem to recall that every time you two went hunting for Orcs, one or both you would come back injured."

Legolas starting laughing at the way the twins were trying to look so innocent.

"Hey it wasn't our fault that the Orcs love us so well that they have to kill us." Elrohir exclaimed.

Elladan groaned and rolled his eyes. "If that is love then I truly do not want to know what their hatred is."

The twins began to bicker and talk about past battles with the Orcs. Estel let out a sigh and knew his brothers were hopeless. Looking at the prince, he noticed that Legolas's blue eyes were twinkling in laughter and he smiled as well.

"We should leave them my friend because who knows how long they will bicker."

Legolas glanced at the mortal and then at the twins. He silently agreed with Estel because he knew that it could be a long while with those two. The two friends turned around and continued their stroll through the gardens.

Elladan stopped bickering as soon as the two of them left and smiled over at his twin.

"It seems that everything is working out between our little brother and friend."

"Yes it does at that."

Elrohir watched as the elf and mortal vanished among the trees. He was glad that his brother and the prince had patched things up between them. Estel seemed extremely happier now and Legolas looked a lot more relaxed theses days. One thing bothered him though and he didn't like it.

Elladan noticed the frown on his brother's face and looked at him in question.

"What bothers you so Elrohir?"

His grey eyes grew darker and Elrohir glanced at his twin. "Lossëdil."

Elladan narrowed his eyes and cursed. He had almost forgotten that elf until Elrohir reminded him. Lossëdil still had yet to be punished and he was languishing under the healers care.

Elrohir ran a hand distractedly through his hair and gazed unseeingly at the ground. "I do not like that he is still free and poses a threat to Estel."

Letting out a sigh, Elladan placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I am sure that he is well guarded and that he cannot get to our brother."

The words were meant to reassure but it didn't help much. Elrohir had a bad feeling about the whole situation and he shivered slightly.

"We could go and talk to father about if you like? Perhaps he can tell us what is going on with the situation and what we can do about it."

Elrohir grinned up at Elladan and nodded. Yes it would be best to talk to there father and help ease his fears. Glancing back once, the twins headed in the opposite direction towards the palace.

~

The healer entered Lossëdil room and glanced towards the bed. He could just make out a lump in the bed and sighed in exasperation. This elf gave him the creeps and he didn't like dealing with him.

"Lossëdil its time to eat."

He waited for the elf to move but he didn't. Sighing in irritation, he reached over and grabbed the blankets. Jerking it aside the blankets fell to the floor and his eyes widened. Gasping in shock he fled from the room and yelled for the guards. Running down the hallway, he literally ran into Lord Elrond and yelped.

Catching the healer by the shoulders, Elrond gazed down at the elf.

"What is the problem?"

"Lossëdil has escaped!"

Elrond released the elf and sprinted down the hallway. He cursed quietly and hoped he was wrong. Lossëdil was after Estel and if he didn't find him in time then he would be killed.

~

Estel whistled softly and followed a bit behind the prince. He admired how the sunlight would hit Legolas's hair and turn it into a golden halo. They had been walking for over an hour and he was slowly growing tired. He would have to let the prince know soon or otherwise he would be upset. Estel watched as Legolas pause at another tree and sung to it softly. Smiling fondly at the elf, he glanced around and something overhead glinted among the leaves. Narrowing his eyes, he looked at it for a moment and grey eyes widened in surprise. Lunging at the prince he fell on top of him and felt something slam into his back. Agony ripped through him and he lost consciousness.

Legolas slammed into the ground and gasped in pain. He was surprised that Estel had jumped on top of him and wondered why. Feeling something moist on his back, he had a sense of forbidding and called the mortal's name. When Estel didn't answer he struggled out from under him and looked at him. Eyes widening in surprise he gazed down at the arrow and shook his head in denial. There was blood pooling all around the mortal and he needed to do something fast or else he would die. A branch snapped nearby and he looked up. Betrayal flashed in his blue eyes and he couldn't believe who stood before him.

~~