Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Eternity ❯ Sacrifice ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11: Sacrifice

The twins walked into the palace and were surprised by the loud commotion. Elves were running around everywhere and it was chaos. Hearing their names shouted the twins saw their father running towards them. Sliding to a stop, Elrond gripped both their shoulders and gazed into their eyes.

"Have either of you two seen Estel?"

Elladan gripped his father's arm tightly. "Yes in the gardens with Legolas."

"Why do you ask father?" Elrohir gazed at their father in concern and had a horrible feeling.

Letting out a half sigh he looked at his sons in fear. "Lossëdil has escaped and I fear he is after Estel."

"How?"

Elrond gazed into Elladan fearful eyes and looked over at Elrohir.

"He killed a healer and placed her in his bed. Know one knew that he had escaped until another healer went to check up on him. There were no guards stationed outside of his room and know one saw him leave."

Elrohir closed his eyes in anguish and cursed. If only the king had put Lossëdil in the dungeons or done something, then none of this would be happening. Feeling a hand rest on his shoulder he opened his eyes and gazed at Elladan.

"We must go and find out brother and the prince. They need to be told of the danger and we have to protect Estel."

Elrond smiled sadly at his sons and nodded in agreement. He knew that they would go after their brother and didn't even try and stop them. He watched the twins run out of the palace and prayed to Ilúvatar that they would make it in time.

~

"Hello cousin."

Legolas blinked in shock and didn't know what to say. Lossëdil stood before him and was gazing down at them in contempt. His cousin didn't look grief stricken any longer and appeared to be insane.

"Why have you done this?"

"Why? Because he killed my brother and tainted you my prince!"

Confusion showed in his blue eyes, and Legolas looked at him.

"I don't understand."

Lossëdil looked at him for a moment and glanced down at the mortal. The hatred he saw in those crazed eyes made Legolas shiver in fear.

"Ambardil and I saw that the mortal was slowly becoming your friend and we couldn't have that. Mortals are evil and should be wiped off of all Middle Earth."

Legolas could see that there was no way to reason with the other elf and he had to figure out something fast. Brown eyes glared into his own and he froze.

"I wouldn't try anything if I were you Legolas or else I will be forced to kill you first like I planned."

"Planned?"

Lossëdil laughed mockingly and gazed back down at Estel. "Yes you were originally supposed to die first but your friend stepped in the way. I so wanted to torture the mortal slowly but it didn't turn out that way."

Blue eyes widened in pain and he looked down at Estel. His friend had saved his life and might very well be dying. Anger filled his being and he glared at his cousin. He watched in satisfaction and as the elf blinked in surprise.

"You had better kill me first then because if I survive this I will surely kill you. This I swear on the Valar and Ilúvatar himself!"

Chuckling madly Lossëdil gazed down at him in pity and drew back the bowstring.

"Very well my prince I will do as you wish."

Looking down at Estel he smiled sadly and closed his eyes. He was saddened that a friendship barely begun again would not survive. Hopefully they would meet again in the next life but then again only elves were ever reborn again.

Lossëdil drew back the arrow and was about to release it when another arrow slammed into his shoulder. The arrow flew past the prince and slammed into a tree. Letting out a hiss of pain, he looked around and saw the twins running towards them. Cursing angrily he glared down at Legolas and smiled.

"Looks like you are saved for now my prince but your friend won't survive much longer."

Letting out a mad cackle, Lossëdil turned around and raced off into the forest.

Legolas leaned down and looked at Estel. His friend was breathing shallowly and he let out a sigh of relief. Elladan dropped down next to them and began to check on Estel. Elrohir stopped by Legolas and glanced off into the trees. He couldn't see Lossëdil anymore and was angry. A part of him wanted to hunt the other elf down and kill him. He looked down at the prince and then at his brothers.

"Are you alright Legolas?"

"Yes."

Legolas looked at Elrohir and then back at Elladan. He wasn't to reassured at the grim look the twin was showing and the sorrow in the grey eyes. Elladan had broken off the arrow near his brother's back and wrapped the wound as best he could.

Looking up at them, Elladan shook his head sadly. "I have done all I can and we have to get him to father."

"He isn't going to die is he?" Legolas asked fearfully.

Elrohir gripped the prince's shoulder and shook his head. "No as long as we have hope then I am sure he will be okay."

Lifting his brother into his arms, Elladan started the walk back to the palace. He wasn't as optimistic as his brother was and didn't feel hopefully at all.

~~