Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Hearts and Friendship Ties ❯ Broken Hearts and Friendship Ties ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Broken Hearts and Friendship Ties

My pillow is wet again. I don't care. I've forgotten how many days it's been since Chong died. He was the only person who actually cared about me and loved me. Since he died, I've just been lying here in bed, crying. The pain is too much. I just want to die, to have the pain go away. I miss him so much.

It feels like I haven't gone to school in forever. But I know no one there cares about me or misses me, not my friends or my teachers. Mot even my best friend Kairi. I know she doesn't care about me anymore. We got into a big argument the other day. Then Ching died and I haven't talked to her. I love her to death and I don't want her to see me looking pathetic. She wouldn't understand how I feel. No one would. I have no more reasons to live.

"Cassie?" I hear Kairi's voice calling me. I don't need anyone's company right now.

"Go away Kairi. Let me die. I don't have a reason to live anymore." I sov into my pillow, turning away from her.

"Come on, Cassie! Will you please just let me help you?" Kairi asks. She is really starting to get annoying.

"Leave me alone to die! No one cares about me now. Just let me go be with Chong!" I scream the last three words as I lift my tear-streaked, red-eyed face from the pillow to face her, every last bit of me wanting her to leave.

"No way. You're killing yourself for no reason! Suicide is an option, sure! But think about all the people who care about you and you care about!" Kairi insists. Her voice is pleading.

"No one cares about me," I mumble, falling face first back into my pillow.

"Cassie, plenty of people care about you." Kairi says. I feel a warm hard rubbing my shoulders and I start to cry again.

"Come on, Cassie. If no one cares about you, why an I here then? I care about you, girl. Sora cares about you. All our other friends care about you. I know I went a little overboard the other day. I'm sorry. I guess I just didn't trust our friendship. We all love you and care about you! We just can't show because you've been in here!" Kairi said soothingly.

"Still, I just don't want you or the others thinking I'm a stupid wimp in the end," I sob, pointing to the knife on my bedside table. "I don't even know what I'm here for!"

"Girl I know how you feel! We all have these problems. But you know what? We have to move on." Kairi soothed.

I lift my head again and look at her, question in my eyes. She looks at me, smiles and says, "If you can't think of a reason to live, I'll gove you one: to be my best friend and for me to be yours. Cassie, we've been best friends since the first grade. We're always there for each other through the good, bad, tough, easy, and all the ugly boys. What would I be without you?" She says. For one, her words are actually sinking in. She goes on. "Just think. If you died and Chong had lived, he'd be sad but he'd be strong and he'd still go on. My cousin would be strong and live. He'd always remember you and live for both of you. Now you got to do the same."

I sit up and stare at Kairi, something I hadn't done in a while. "You're right, Kairi. You're always." I smile and lean over, giving her a big hug. She hugs me back and we sit there in my room, on my bed, and just laughing and crying and hugging.

"I love you, girl." I cry into her shoulder. "I just wish the pain would go away."

"We'll get through this together, okay? I've always got your back. Just don't go all depressed on me again. Now let's get you into a shower!" She tells me. We smile and get up off my bed.

That weekend, I went to Chong's funeral with Kairi. All my friends were there to welcome me back.

"Hey Cassie!"

"Glad to see you're not a cave monster anymore!"

"I know you'd live," Lee said with his arms crossed. He got a light punch in the arm for that. "Just kidding! I missed you too!"

I walked over to Chong's casket. I looked at his face, tears starting to form in my eyes. But I smile in spite if them. I place a note and rose in his hands as I lean over and kiss his forehead. "I'll live for both of us, baby. I promise I'll always love you." I whispered. As I smile and take one last look at his face, I could've sworn I heard his voice say,

"I'll be waiting for you."

Author's Note: Well that's it. I wanna shoutout to one of my best friends in the world Shister Vang for sparking this inspiration to me. I took our talk to heart! Please read and review!