Fan Fiction ❯ Bullets ❯ The Entry ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

And now allow me to introduce this creation of mine that has been …..wow….years in the making. Lol. Anyway, let me know what you wonderful readers are thinking!! Leave comments, feedback (I need it to survive!)
 
Well… without further taking up your time, on with the reading!
 
 
 
Bullets
 
 
I caught her plummeting from the clouded sky one day. Wings shinning and all! I almost didn't believe it. Her skin felt too soft. Her eyes were too shimmering. She wore a light, baby blue dress. In it were what appeared to be ribbons sewn together at parts to make it seem like there were cuts in it.
 
Delicate nails colored the same blue as her outfit. Even her knee high boots were blue. Silky hair escalated down her back and over porcelain shoulders to touch the ground still damp from the early morning rain shower. To me, she was the image of an angel. I had no idea where she came from but all I knew was that I was the one blessed to have her.
 
I soon learned that everything has to end in time, whether in a long time, or in a fleeting instant.
 
This angel completely turned my world upside down and inside out. I'll never forget her, or those who stole her from me. I took great pleasure in watching the red of their lives spill upon the ground that night.
 
But first, I suppose I should explain to you about what had happened. This tale.
 
 
*
 
No one should go through being awake at sunrise. Normal people would be sleeping at this time. SOUNDLY sleeping. Not trying to raise the dead by pounding someone into the mattress all damn night! But, there are those who get stuck in this position. Namely a tempered, easily angered, red haired, 17 year old called Alcesta.
 
To say that today was going to be a pleasant day was like saying that Hell was cold. It wasn't going to happen. Her older brother and one of his one- night- stands had been awake, obviously, all night.
 
Alcesta's neutral face steadily morphed into a disgusted sneer. It was an accomplishment really, considering she hadn't moved since the stars had come out and hadn't said a word.
 
She was trying to head her mother's request of “Try to be more patient, dear.”
 
`I will not ram their heads through guillotines. I will not ram their heads through guillotines.' Alcesta thought repeatedly.
 
A loud, ear- screeching yell of, “Oh!! Right there! Do it harder!!!” finally broke her well- attempted patience.
 
“My god!! That is it!!” Jolting up out of the bed and tearing out the door to the next room down, Alcesta slammed her fist on the cherry wood in a version of knocking. To the slams she got a cry of, “Alcesta! Go away! If you haven't noticed I'm a tad busy!”
 
Anger soared. “I can tell you are busy!! I could tell ALL NIGHT LONG!!!” She gave the door another slam followed by a defiant kick which cracked the wood. “Now call it quits or I'll rip something of yours off so you will have to call it quits!!”
 
This evidently got the message through real quick. Alcesta heard the murmurs of conversation for a bit then was answered with an, “Ok, ok. You win. Just go away!”
 
“I'm looking forward to it!”
 
Marching back to her room with a satisfied grin on her face, Alcesta flopped back on her bed with her hands behind her head. Guess her brother knew her well enough to take the threat seriously. Now, just see if his play toy can take it the same.
 
Green eyes closed for a second or two before opening in boredom. It was morning and the chickens were now clucking around and crowing, what use was it to try and sleep again?
 
She let a long sigh mixed with a yawn escape as she looked herself over in the mirror across the room from her. It wasn't that Alcesta isn't pretty, oh no. She was quite beautiful in fact. She wore short jean shorts and a torn black tank top. With hair the color of the rising and setting sun and eyes like the great jungles, she was the pick of the litter. Her shapely body was stretched along the bed. Every curve stood out plainly. Her delicate facial features topped off the whole package.
 
So it definitely wasn't her beauty that was the problem. What was the problem was that she couldn't get along with a male if her life depended on it. She would rather throw them to the lions and be done with it.
 
Her mother hated this part of her but Alcesta rather enjoyed it. Watching the men stumble over themselves to impress her. Quite hilarious sometimes.
 
Another yawn came out. “This is so boring. Nothing to do. Well, I could always go play with the boys but that is becoming tiring.” Another sigh.
 
Turning her head to the side seemed like the most difficult thing ever. But she did it. Expecting to see a normal rising ball of flame and clouds in the bluing sky, Alcesta thumped right out of bed when she caught a definitely NOT normal sight.
 
Something was falling and falling fast.
 
“Oh my God!” Scrambling up and clawing at the floor to get a hold on balance, she hopped right out of the open window and took off.
 
Alcesta zoomed through mud grass and rock bare footed, barely noticing the pain of one sharp rock slicing her heel open.
 
The figure was getting closer to the ground now. If she could just run a little faster she would catch it…
 
Opening her arms out in front of her and kicking off with more gusto speed, the falling thing crash-landed in her arms. The two fell back instantly. All wind was knocked from Alcesta's lungs on the impact.
 
A yelp flew from her mouth when feeling the pulsing bruise forming dead center on her back.
 
No one and nothing moved for quit awhile until a small sneeze was heard from above her. Wrenching her eyes open, Alcesta caught an eye and mouthful of baby- blue hair. A sweet melodic voice drifted to her ears, “Are you alright?! Miss? I am so sorry! I- I didn't mean- I mean I couldn't move out of the way-”
 
More mumbled apologies bubbled out of the girls' mouth. What had landed on Alcesta was a fallen angel. Well, what she considered one. In the glare of the new sun she could have sworn the girl had silver wings. But with a few blinks, the were gone like a dream. The girl above her wore a revealing ribbon- like outfit complete with knee reaching boots that were all the color of her hair and eyes. Although there was a crystal shaped brooch that was not blue. It was just pale silver.
 
The girl stopped bubbling when she noticed the red head under her wasn't even acknowledging it. She waved her hand back and forth in front of her face to gain her attention once again. It was successful.
 
Alcesta blinked up at the blue one noticing that her sleeves curled down over her arms and formed a semi-v shape to then wrap around her middle finger.
`How cute.' She thought.
 
Then delivered a mental slap to her head. `How cute? Some more screws must've been knocked loose when I fell.'
 
Alcesta sat up on her elbows watching the other girl draw back to sit on her lap. “May I ask who the heck are you and why you fell from the sky?!”
 
The girl flinched at the yell and held her hands together under her chin keeping her head bowed. “I said I was sorry. It just happened. It wasn't like I could stop it.” She muttered.
 
Alcesta sighed and began to get up pulling the fallen angel with her. “I- It's alright. Nothing was majorly harmed anyway.” She reassured brushing dust and dirt off them both. “No problem.”
 
Still the other sulked down looking close to tears but keeping them back so her eyes seemed to sparkle. Alcesta turned to start walking back, “Come on. You don't want to be left here do you? You can stay at my place. Just watch out for my brother. He's a real playboy.”
 
The word seemed to puzzle to other because she scrunched up her face cutely at the word `playboy'. Alcesta just waved her hand in a `never mind' gesture and motioned for her to follow. But she didn't get very far, for now she discovered the cut on her foot.
 
Yelping in pain, Alcesta dove forward to relieve the pain on her heel. Looking down she saw the bloody footprints that were made and the cut that was all dirtied with dirt and other muck. “OWWW!! Fudge cakes!!”
 
The blue one blinked again at the terms used before bending down to examine the injury. She muttered something unintelligible while running her soft fingers over the wound.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
The girl ignored the red head and continued with the weird motions. Slowly the injury began to stitch itself up and healed without the slightest scratch.
 
Alcesta stood back up amazed and examined her heel. “Uh, what exactly did you do to me?” The only things that showed any sign that there had been a wound was the blood on the ground.
 
“Just a little something I learned.” The other whispered. Tilting her head in what looked like shame she looked back up to Alcesta with tear filled eyes. “Don't be mad. I thought I did something good for once.”
 
“You didn't do anything wrong this I assure you!” She waved her hands frantically in reassurance before stopping to blink at the girl. “But where on earth did you come from? What's your name?”
 
Fiddling with a lacy string on her blue outfit she replied slowly as if thinking about her words before daring to speak them. “My name is….Aina. I come…I am from…I came…I'm now here.” She finished resolutely.
 
Aina smiled proudly like she just accomplished a grand feat. Alcesta raised an eyebrow. “So you're from here?”
 
Aina blinked and started on her ramble once again. “ No. I'm not. But yeah I am. No wait! I came from somewhere else but not here but I did come from here!”
 
Alcesta sighed watching as Aina began to get more frantic trying to explain and to hold her words back. She let the minute's tick by and seeing this going nowhere real fast she stopped the poor girl. “Ok, ok, ok. I get it. You don't have to tell me.” Aina sighed happily. “But do you have some place to stay here?”
 
To this Aina began fiddling with the lace again head down. “I don't know anyone here.”
 
Alcesta `hmm-ed' and snapped her fingers in a thought. “You can still stay at my place. Guess the first time I asked was a charm!” Aina blinked for the millionth time and giggled. “As long as I don't cause any trouble. I will try to be good. You never told me your name.”
 
Alcesta chuckled at the stern face the girl was trying to give and laughed out, “It's Alcesta.”
 
Looking mighty proud, Aina began walking with Alcesta again. “That's a nice name. I've never heard of it before.”
 
“Well it was my mom's great, great something's name. I think it's totally weird. They should have called me Kitana or something like that, you know? Something that would tease the boys more. Alcesta sounds like a medicine or a pill or something. We're almost there.”
 
Aina looked up at the appearing village. People scurried this way and that hard at work. Children played games and others chased chickens around while getting thumped by their parent's brooms. The sun was now bright in the sky; it's beams glistening off the nearby lake. Each house was simple and quaint. All made of brick or wood. Little cottages. Everything she saw made her smile, it was so much like one large family. But there was a group that alarmed her.
 
Nearer to the west of the village was a group of black clad men. Each sharpening swords or carving bows. Some were practicing with them on model dummy humans or firing at odd -looking targets.
 
Aina quickly entwined her hand with Alcesta's when one of the men caught her eyes in a stare. The sheer hatefulness in it almost made her latch onto Alcesta and cry like a child.
 
Alcesta looked down at her angel then up to what she was looking at. “Hey, it's ok. They're just the guard of the village. They won't harm you. Here, we'll take the other way to my house if you're that scared.”
 
Aina nodded and hurried in the other direction, away from the stare.
 
Soon, the duo approached a small house with smoke piling out of the chimney. Horses whinnied in the side pin and clicked toward Aina. She smiled and stroked them gently. Within a minute she had all 5 huddled by her.
 
Alcesta laughed along with Aina as they nuzzled her. `She must be something special. I still wonder where she is from. It can't be anywhere around here. No one here has blue hair. Then again no one here has red either. Oh well, maybe-'
 
Alcesta's thoughts were disrupted at a slam from behind her. Both she and Aina jumped.
 
“Dang it!!!! Don't do that Takeda!!!” Alcesta's brother ignored the familiar rants of his sister moving strait forward to Aina.
 
“Who's the cutie?” He asked looking her up and down. “I've never seen her around before. Hey sweetie how would you like to have a little snack with me?” Takeda offered holding his tanned hand to Aina with an award- winning smile.
 
Alcesta bristled up knowing exactly what kind of `snack' he was talking about. “No she will NOT join you so go wander off and get eaten in the woods please. That way I'll know you're dead when the poor animal that ate you comes crying from the forest in fright and keels over dead itself.”
 
“Well I could wish you the same dear sister. But you know mom won't let you keep that girl here.”
 
Aina looked at Alcesta in mild worry. Where would she go if Alcesta couldn't take her in? This world was much different from her own and she was the only girl she could trust so far here.
 
“Mom will let me if I bring up all the people she let you have here. And I mean all.” Alcesta said with a smirk.
 
Takeda balked in fright. “You wouldn't dare!”
 
“On the contrary. I think mother would love to hear how you seduced-”
 
She was blocked off by Takeda's hand over her mouth. “You say another word…”
 
Alcesta removed his hand with a jerk. “You don't help me…”
 
Each let the their own threats hang while Aina looked between the two obviously confused. Takeda finally buckled. “Alright, alright. You win. Mom's inside. I'll go get you out of your mess.”
 
Alcesta flashed him a bright smile. “Thank you! What a brother!”
 
Takeda walked inside grumbling, “I bet…”
 
Turning back to Aina, Alcesta took her hand and led her into the house. “Come on! I'll show you to my room. You can sleep in there since I really don't trust my perv bro around you. And he wouldn't dare go in my room.”
 
Aina just nodded and listened to Alcesta lay down the rules of the house on what to and not to do.
 
“Oh and I'm cooking tonight. You can help. Do you know how to cook?”
 
Aina looked at Alcesta innocently confused. “What's cooking?”
 
 
 
What do you guys think so far? This has been a tough one on my poor head. Remember to leave feedback all my little readers in the audience!