Fan Fiction ❯ Bullets ❯ May the frying pans flip! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, here be round nummer zwei!!! Ahem, round 2. I don't know just how many chapters this will turn into so I'm just gonna have to find out!
 
 
 
3and a half hours later
 
The table was set: the silverware out, the cups out, the food (what a godsend) was finally out-it was as perfect as perfect can get.
 
Except for the ones who cooked it.
 
“What's cooking she says. I'll try to cook she says. Ha! NEVER again!!!” Alcesta looked like a train wreck. Flour covered, sticky from the ingredients , wet from the water that Aina had dumped on her-she wasn't in the greatest of moods.
 
“Cute? Cute! Boy, what the heck was I thinking when I thought that?!” Slumping in the chair she began trying in vain to get the dust and such off her. She picked out dumpling dough from her hair and wiped takoyaki sauce from her shorts and legs.
 
“There needs to be a law made to ban that girl from any kitchen.” She grumbled.
 
“Awww…little sister having a roe with the new cutie?”
 
“Shut up Takeda.”
 
Takeda sniffed lightly at her and crossed his arms. “Well I gave her some new clothes to change into. A pity she wouldn't let me help her.”
 
Alcesta snapped up. “You what!?”
 
“Chill lil' sis.” He said holding hands up in peace. “I didn't see anything sadly. Although, she looks quite adorable in my cloths.” He smirked at the angry look directed at him. “What? Oh come on lets see how well you two managed to screw things up. I'm hungry.”
 
Alcesta huffed standing up. “I should have poisoned it.”
 
“Should have but even if you didn't the taste of it will most likely kill me anyway.”
 
“Harumph.”
 
“Um, excuse me?”
 
The both of them looked at the new voice. Alcesta practically blushed upon catching Aina.
 
She wore Takeda's baggy shirt and pants with had been rolled up and pinned at the sleeves and pant legs so they wouldn't drag. Her baby blue hair, cutely cast astray and damp from her bath, was wavy and dropping in her delicate face. Her hands were still wringing the bottom of the black shirt where her lace strings normally would have been.
 
Alcesta recognized this as her sign of nervousness. Walking towards her, Alcesta mentally apologized about what she had said about Aina. She was too adorable to be mad at for long.
 
“Well, lets eat already!”
 
“Ok, Takeda, ok.” Alcesta drawled.
 
Aina walked to the set table and waited till Alcesta sat so she would know where her place was. Alcesta shook her head at Aina and sat down at the end of the table. Aina hurriedly moved to sit down by her… a bit to hurriedly.
 
On of the pins holding up her pant leg caught the tablecloth.
 
“Ayyyyee!!” screeching she fell forward grasping for something to delay her fall. What her hand fell upon was the bowl of soup. Tipping, it spilled across her hand and onto her back.
 
Alcesta jumped up to stop the flow of liquid. Her own movement slamming the glasses out of the way and crashing to the floor. Aina pushed herself up to apologize. Takeda lurched over the table to pull the girl away from the now falling bowl.
 
Aina hit the chair behind her on the way.
 
Alcesta missed grabbing the dishes which to fell when Aina was jerked away due to her leg still caught on the cloth.
 
Takeda fell face first on the floor. “I know what you're going to say so I'll say it for you : `It's all my fault.'”
 
“Yeah, it is.” Grumbled Alcesta.
 
Aina looked up at the mess: the broken dishes, the ruined meal, the stained table- cloth, Alcesta picking glass from her hands and off her new clothes- and Takeda spitting out pieces of the floor.
 
“Oh my god! What happened in here?!”
 
“The devil paid us a visit.” Takeda muttered sarcastically.
 
The mother of the house walked carefully through the room surveying the mess with an open mouth and enormous eyes. She kicked a shard of the bowl taking a long look at each of the occupants in the room. Takeda picked himself up. He only stood for a bit.
 
Slipping backwards again he fell on the table again. Alcesta laughed then shut her mouth at the glare her mother sent her way.
 
“Would you mind to tell me how this all happened?” the woman asked carefully.
 
All three began speaking at the same time. Suddenly Takeda let loose a girly scream. Alcesta watched him go flying back away from the table and into the wall. She was about to laugh again before she noticed what he was screaming about.
 
Sitting on the table where his face had just been laying was one of the most deadly spiders in their land. Pure black with blue streaks on its back, the spider spread it's legs out and took a jumping stance.
 
Alcesta moved toward Aina. Then stopped. `What is she doing?!'
 
“Aina! Don't touch it!”
 
Aina only reached out to the hissing spider gently petting it before picking it up.
 
The two children's mother fainted onto a chair at the sight.
 
“Hey Aina, please, put the spider down. Please?” Takeda begged. “Just set it down.”
 
Aina however continued stroking the little arachnid peacefully with a smile. “It's ok it said it won't hurt you.”
 
Alcesta watched her like she had gone mad. “It said, Aina?” She watched her nod and set the spider on her shoulder. It crawled along her hair till it reached the top of her head.
 
Takeda shivered in fear. `This is way too much. She can't be normal. Where did Alcesta find this girl!?'
 
Alcesta only thought one thing and she thought this with a full- bloomed smile, `She's amazing!'
 
*
 
That spider thing was almost too much at first. Soon after I learned that my Aina had many techniques. Besides the healing she performed on me, she could talk to many kinds of animals, hear the wind sing and the trees speak.
 
The kitchen matter was cleaned up quickly enough. The only complication was that the village guard heard all of our screaming and came running. They saw the entire scene with the spider. If it weren't for my brother, she would have been arrested, on the charges of demon spawn for consorting with one's creation. It was absurd! Charging my angel of that! I wanted to kill them there!
 
But she wouldn't allow it. Aina said it was wrong to kill. I knew they were watching her closely after that. But so was I. They always kept someone around to watch her. Never letting her have any silence of mind. I didn't realize it at first but I loved this innocent little girl, this little girl that flipped my world.
 
Every morning I woke up, for I always awoke before her, I would watch her till she opened those lovely eyes of hers.
 
Holding her I knew she was meant to be mine. I would be the one to protect her, though as clumsy as she was. Dreams I had of her always showed her happy and smiling. It made me happy to see her happy. It was all I ever needed for her to be there.
 
Every time I opened, and closed, my eyes…
 
 
*
 
 
Alcesta was woken by the light sound of crying.
 
`What is that?' Rolling over to look, the sound was no longer heard but also forgotten at the sight of empty covers beside her.
 
“Aina?”
 
Getting out of the warm bed she didn't even bother to put on a pair of bottoms to cover her self. Going through every aspect of a hiding place in the room in a search she repeatedly called, “Aina?”
 
Her red haired blurred her vision as Alcesta whipped her head around to look again. “Aina?! Aina!”
 
Storming through her door and down the hall, Alcesta thumped back the sliding door of her brother's room.
 
“What do you want now!!” Takeda roared.
 
“Aina's gone!”
 
“She's what?!”
 
“Gone!” Alcesta yelled for about the 50th time in her mind and out loud. “I woke up and she wasn't there!”
 
Takeda flung himself out of his bed and into his closet. His voice echoed out right along with flying clothes. “Where on earth could she have wanted to go at 8 in the morning? I mean, yesterday she was content just staring at how light reflected off a mirror and on to the wall! Couldn't she have just gotten interested in how water runs today or something?”
 
Alcesta was bouncing on her toes with anxiousness. “I don't know just hurry up I'll meet you out there! Somewhere!”
 
Just as she was half way out the door, something hit off the back of her head. “What the?” Turning around she saw a pair of baggy black pants.
 
“No one in their right mind would want to see you in your underwear sis.” Takeda whined. “It's disgusting! Put those on before I go blind!”
 
Alcesta yanked on the pants with trouble and frustrated growls. “Stupid things.”
 
Takeda came out of his closet hands on hips having decided on a white muscle t-shirt and hip hugger jean shorts that practically fell off him. “Really. I thought you were at least smart enough to put on a pair of pants.”
 
Buckling up the pants, Alcesta sneered, “Really, I though you would have been able to tell what size clothes you wear. Now let's go!”
 
“Alright! Alright!”
 
 
*
 
“Sir?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Isn't that the same girl that we weren't allowed to capture the other day?”
 
Turning, the captain zeroed in on a light blue haired girl looking at the many different glass charms an old woman was selling.
 
“That's her.” He said with a grin.
 
The other soldier caught the look his captain had and stated, “Sir, we aren't allowed to capture her. There's no use in even thinking of-”
 
“Shut up.” The captain interrupted. “That girl is not normal. She is an insult to our entire law system.”
 
Shifting uncomfortably, the lower ranking soldier tried again, “So you're saying we go after her, Sir?”
 
He nodded. “That's right.”
 
“But we were ordered to leave her alone.”
 
Shrugging carelessly, the captain began walking towards Aina. “We make the law. So we follow no orders.”
 
*
 
Alcesta breezed through the crowed roads eyes flicking frantically for Aina.
 
`Where could she be? Takeda went opposite from me so I wonder if he found her first?'
 
Scanning faster now and ignoring the complaints and attempts to catch her attention she caught sight of streaming blue hair. “There!”
 
Increasing her pace, her peripheral vision caught blotches of black. One of which that was heading for the same place she was. `What's the guard doing here? Oh no, Aina!'
 
 
*
“Oh how pretty this is!”
 
The old woman that was the owner of the little shop giggled at the young girl's melodic voice. “For you dear I will let you pick one that you like and keep if for free. You seem so sweet.”
 
Aina bubbled with happiness. “Thank you so much!” She really didn't know what paying is but from the previous looks she got from others when asking, Aina didn't think it such a good idea to try and ask again.
 
Each piece of glass caught the light to reflect rainbows galore on everything. She pursed a finger to her mouth in decision. “Each one is so beautiful. I can't choose.”
 
The woman reached out and patted Aina on her shoulder. “Take your time. I don't mind. Need someone to talk to. Not many stay around.”
 
“Aw that's so sad. I'm sorry.”
 
She just shook her head at Aina's sad face. “Don't you start crying.” Making shooing motions with her wrinkled hands she ushered, “Go on now, which do you want.”
 
Putting her focus back on the glittering marvels in front of her again with a sigh, Aina saw the perfect one.
 
In the far top and off on the side, there was one that was hidden from the others. Carved to model a rose, only pocket size, the rainbow maker twirled in the wind on its golden string. It seemed to make more red rainbows than the others and glowed with a proudness that was so Alcesta.
 
“I'll take that one.” Aina stated, pointing at the rose.
 
“Such a nice choice dear.” The old woman said fondly, taking it down from it's perch. “I'll wrap it for you.”
 
A smile crackled over Aina's face. “Alright! It reminded me of a friend.”
 
“Oh? A boyfriend?” The woman teased while wrapping.
 
“Oh no, just a really, really dear friend. She's helped me so much.” Memories came back and a softer smile took over her face.
 
“I see. Well, here you go and tell this `friend' to keep watch on you. You are something else.”
 
Taking the package from the lady, Aina blinked. “You think so?”
 
“Of course! Just watch your step. Someone might try and snatch you up if you don't watch out.”
 
Now thoroughly confused by the woman and missing Alcesta, Aina waved her goodbyes and turned to leave.
 
Thump
 
“Ahhh!” Aina fell backward but was stopped by a hand around her waist.
 
“There you are! Have you any idea how worried I've been?”
 
Blue eyes looked up into green.
 
A minute or so passed before recognition kicked in.
 
“Alcesta!!!” Like a little 3-yr old Aina glomped Alcesta and both fell back the other way and to the ground.
 
“I'm happy to see you to.” She muttered, rubbing the back of her head. “Takeda and I have been looking everywhere!”
 
Tears began to swirl in those blue skies and Alcesta immediately apologized. “Oh, Aina I'm sorry don't cry. We were just worried is all. Tell us next time you want to go out and we'll go with you.”
 
Aina wiped her tears away and smiled. “I will. Thanks for looking.”
 
Alcesta stood them both up and brushed them off. “Now let's go find Takeda so he can stop searching for you.”
 
The two began walking when Alcesta got a tug on the back of her revealing shirt. Spinning around she yelled, “What?!” For having her goods shown to the whole crowd.
 
“I'm sorry, but that young girl you're with,” the old shop owner began. Speaking calmly to settle down the fiery girl. “Those men over there have been watching her for quite some time.” Pointing over Alcesta caught the looks of the same guards that were inspecting her house the night off the `spider incident' as Takeda had dubbed it. “One started to come over but you arrived first. I thought I should tell you incase she's gotten into something she shouldn't be in.”
 
Alcesta glared at the men who most quivered beneath her gaze, except the captain. Then she turned back to the old woman. “Thank you so much. I will watch out for her.” She said gratefully.
 
Walking back to Aina she entwined her fingers in a tight grip with the girl, not even looking at her but rather at the men in black still watching them. “Come on Aina. Let's go find that Takeda.”