Fan Fiction ❯ Bullets ❯ One yen...two yen....ah screw it! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

On with round four!!!! *fires rockets*
 
 
 
 
“Commander! Commander!” the young boys voice rang down the stone halls. His feet sped up until he halted before a large decorated door. Gloved hands pushed in on it to creak it open. “Commander! You wouldn't believe what I just saw!”
 
Spinning in his chair to look at the young boy the commander waved his hand tiredly, “What could you possibly have that could be so important to disrupt me now?”
 
Looking nearly ready to pee his pants, the hopping boy replied, “That girl you want, the blue one, I just saw her wave an entire room back to it's normal state! I swear, sir!”
 
Now fully interested the commander asked, “You saw this just now?”
 
“Yes!” he replied nodding fervently.
 
A wicked twist that could be called a smile appeared on his rough face. “Go. Catch her when she's alone.”
 
The boy nodded once more and answered, “Hai, sir!” before running out as quickly as he came.
 
“You sure you know what you're doing?” a voice spoke from one of the shadowed corners of the room.
 
“You're digging a mighty deep hole, Augustus.” A more feminine voice spoke from another corner.
 
Augustus just nodded confidently. “I can not let such an atrocity exist in this peaceful town. She's even corrupted a young girl. And has ensnared her in her luring lustful grasp.” He held his head up high. “I won't let her continue on here. I'll hunt her down.”
 
A chorus of murmurs came from all corners. One deep voice shushed them all. “If this is his path, let him go down it. We shall see how he fairs…”
 
The commander shifted a bit under the intense gaze of the hidden figures in the room. Frowning a bit, he spoke with less confidence but kept up his ruse, “Everything will go fine.”
 
Another round of muttering went around before silence ruled through the stone room.
 
 
*
 
 
“Alcesta?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“What is a yan again?”
 
“It's yen, Aina.”
 
“Oh. So what is it?”
 
“I just explained this to you 8 times!”
 
“Oh.”
 
“…”
 
“So what is it?”
 
“Ungh.”
 
Alcesta dropped her head in her hands in defeat. This was too much. Aina just didn't get it. It just wouldn't click with her. No matter how many times she explained it!
 
“Ok, Aina. Why don't we just stop? We'll try later, kay?”
 
Looking slightly confused, the little angel nodded.
 
Alcesta sighed thankfully. “Alright then! Hey, I'm going to go out for a bit and get you a little something. Besides mom wanted me to get her some stuff anyways.”
 
Aina perked up. “Can I come?” A finger was waggled in her face.
 
“No. No. I said something for you as in surprise.” Alcesta giggled. She watched the familiar tears form in Aina's blue eyes and she smiled. “I'm sorry honey. But I want this to be a good surprise and if I take you to the place you would know what I'm getting you.” She reconsidered her words and corrected, “Ok. Maybe you wouldn't know, but I still want to be sure. And I don't want you wandering around. Here me? I want you safe.”
 
Aina gave an understanding nod.
 
“Good. Takeda can watch you. Don't leave this house for anything!” Alcesta finished dressing and got her money cramming it in her pocket, which was a tad hard due to the tightness of her shorts. “Now be good.” She kisses Aina softly and walked out of the room giving her one last wink.
 
Aina sighed. “Now what am I going to do? I could try this money thing again or Takeda-”
 
A noise outside made her glance around quickly scanning the area. Seeing nothing she turned back around to continue her thoughts.
 
 
*
 
 
Alcesta's first stop was the store, where she no longer teased the counter boy. Paying for the groceries, she headed for her second stop eagerly.
 
Alcesta stopped in front of a medium sized shop. Its symbol was a large crystal out front hanging on the swinging sign that read:
Christian's Fantasy gems
 
Walking in side the highly dressed up place, she remembered the décor just like when she was little. Fancy silk curtains were hung around and over tables, windows, the display cases, and counter. The place held an air of mystery. There wasn't much light except for the small crystal balls hanging from the ceiling. Navy blue was mostly the over all color save for the red floor and cream walls. The red carpet squished under her step as she made her way to the cases.
 
Each held one expensive piece of jewelry after another.
 
“May I help you miss?”
 
Alcesta was startled out of her gazing by the sudden tap on her shoulder. “Oh, um , yes. You can. You see, I want to get a ring, one that radiates purity and innocence. Also something that would match blue crystal colored eyes. Something that would belong in nature.”
 
The snide looking man looked her up and down. “For whom?” This girl didn't look much more than an air- head hooker.
 
Alcesta breezed past him to look around more. “Don't ask for just get me the best one that fits my description.”
 
The man sneered at her before hurrying off to find what she wanted. He returned minutes later carrying a tiny velvet box. “Is this suitable to you needs, madam?”
 
As he opened the box, Alcesta caught sight of a silver, almost white, banned ring. Topped with a shinning blue topaz encircled by tiny sapphires. Each seemed to glitter on it's own, even without much light.
 
Clapping her hands together she exclaimed, “Perfect! I'll take it!”
 
The man shot up his brows and stammered, “A-Are you sure?”
 
“Yeah I'm sure why else would I say `I'll take it'?” The red head snapped. “Now please hurry. I'm in a rush.”
 
The man sniffed. “Fine.” He walked to the register to ring it up. Placing it in a small bag he asked again. “You're proposing to your boyfriend or just getting yourself an extra piece of jewelry?”
 
A frustrated sigh came from Alcesta as she snatched the bag away. “If you must know it's for my girlfriend.” She gave the shocked man an obviously fake and sweet smile then turned and left, hair swishing behind her.
 
 
*
 
 
Several men were hidden under the dark brush outside of Alcesta's window. The leader of the pack took chance glances at Aina every few minutes. She had left and returned to the room many times before lying down.
 
Three soldiers managed to slip in the room unnoticed. The leader considered that any more would alert the girl.
 
One slid close and leaned over her. Carefully he descended a hand holing a cloth covered in chloroform over Aina's nose and mouth. Immediately as she felt the cloth touch her skin, a scream ripped out.
 
“Grab her!” the leader ordered.
 
The three in the room jumped to bind her hands and feet. Aina kicked and swung her bound hands around, breaking noses, bruising all parts of the body.
 
“It can't be that hard to nab one girl!” he hissed.
 
Lifting her up, they carried her out of the window. They dropped the blue clad girl in the dirt before picking her up again.
 
Aina struggled only a little longer before resigning. She saw where she was being led and the men around her. Felt the cold ground under her feet. Sparing a look around, she analyzed the situation. This wasn't good.
 
Suddenly, she thought of Alcesta and her reaction once she got home to find no happy, bubbly girl waiting to hug and cuddle to sitting on her bed like she was told. Tears welled in her eyes. How was she going to get out of this?
 
“Alcesta…” She chocked back a sob.
 
One of the soldiers elbowed her side with the hilt of his gun. “Quiet you!”
 
All this caused was more worry. `I want my Alcesta. I want to be curled back in bed with her. I want her to be teaching me to do money and, and, I want to be home with her.' Silent tears fell down porcelain cheeks and dripped like rain to the ground below. `I want to go home…'
 
 
*
 
 
Alcesta opened the door backwards. She was carrying three full bags plus keeping the ring safe from harm. She dropped the bags on the kitchen table and hurried to her room. Removing the velvet blue box from the bag, she sang sweetly, “Aina…close your eyes, I'm coming in.” Alcesta wrapped a hand around the door- knob. “One…two…three!”
 
She swung the door in wide preparing to be jumped on…but no jump came. Opening her forest eyes, there was no Aina. The bed was jumbled and covers were torn. Scraps were on the floor and the window open, curtains billowing in the wind. “Aina?!”
 
Alcesta ran for the window and looked out and around. Looking down, she noticed the prints of feet in the ground. Off to the side and covered in dirt and grime was the crystal pendant Aina wore on the front of her blue ribbon outfit.
 
“Oh god…those dirty bastards.” Flipping the ring into her pocket she followed the footprints in a run.
 
 
*
 
 
Hands tied in front of her and legs tied tightly together, Aina stood facing the same man who had eyed her the first day she came here.
 
“Well, well, well. Look what the cats drug in.” he sneered. “A bit cold to be wearing that don't you think?” Prodding the blue clothing she wore.
 
“Please just let me go.”
 
“Haha! Let you go you say? I don't think so.” Aina's sight was blocked off by a white strip of material tied around her head by Augustus.
 
“Now be a good little girl,” he laughed, “and stay right there. This won't hurt a bit.”
 
Aina was grasped by the shoulders and moved into a still position. She heard a soft click form behind her. The little innocent girl act was dropped. She knew full well what was going on. People discriminate where she had come from, up in the heavens, just as they did down here. She thought it would be different, that here they wouldn't care who you were, as long as it was your soul that they held dear.
 
Alcesta had done that. Alcesta had taken her in. Cared for her even though she was plainly not normal. Even though her outer appearance was ditzy. Even though the shell she lived in was a girl. Alcesta wasn't bothered by it.
 
A countdown had begun but she barely heard it.
 
All she heard and saw was Alcesta's laughing, smiling, yelling and scolding. Her anger, love, hugs, and kisses.
 
Another click was heard.
 
Light shone through the cloth barley. Gulping in nervousness and willing herself not to cry, she stood her ground. There will be another time. Another place. She would meet Alcesta again. That may not be her name, but she would see her again. For sure.
 
She then did something that made the countdown pause for a bit. She started to laugh. She laughed. In spite of the weapon she knew was behind her. In spite of all these men had done wrong and were about to do. She laughed because her life, one that was unique to her self, had gotten inside this mans head. It had bothered him to the point that he wanted to destroy her.
 
Because this is how this race of humans was. They have it in there nature to ruin. They see something pure and feel the need to soil it. This man couldn't see past her outer self. He was to conceited and blinded by what he had been taught was right. He didn't follow a path he made by his own hands, rather he continued on one that someone else had set up for him.
 
So she laughed.
 
Somewhere, Aina knew this would happen. This was how it would end. She knew it the moment she stepped from her place in the clouds. But she refused to believe what others told her. That everyone here was the same. But she had proved them wrong, she had found the one. Alcesta. And that kept the smile on her lips.
 
The countdown had begun once again, but Aina only focused on her happy moments here. She was glad she came. Glad she met Alcesta.
 
“3…2…”
 
`Alcesta…' visions of the red head poured through her mind like water.
 
“1…FIRE!”
 
“I love you.”