Fan Fiction ❯ castle of new hope ❯ Nateal goes missing... ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12 (Mitch)


We waited a day… then Nateal disappeared most likely tearing open his wounds. But did Nateal care if he killed himself? Not a chance in hell… about 7 hours later we found him in the forge, making a new sword. This one was pure white except a large sapphire, in the hilt of the bastard sword. He looked like shit but he seemed determined to do this no matter what.


After another couple hours he was finally done. We guided him back to the Clerics tower, telling him that he would only make his wounds worse. We brought him back after about two hours of convincing. But we did it. And amazingly the high cleric was there again, again waiting with extreme patience for them to drag Nateal in.


We got him tied down to the bed now. It's the only way we could actually get him not to move, or try to escape. The woman just smirked and went to work. Healing his wounds again and putting fresh bandages on him. Although it was sort of hard with Nateal saying that he did not need healing.


Finally she just knocked him out with a club. And started working with surprising ease.
And about another 3 hours later Nateal woke up, surprisingly feeling good other then the fact, that he had a large bump on the side of his head.


Nateal


I left the night after the high cleric healed me. It was after I saw the white orb fly into the smithy, so I went to check it out. There was a piece of molten silver there; it was mixed with something I did not recognize. So I started to make a new blade. After I got the raw form of a sword, a sapphire formed at the hilt. I looked at it suspiciously then I figured, eh what the hell it can't do me any harm.


So I quickly went to making the blade sharper then any other, I knew it was already sharp enough to easily cut trough steel, but I knew it could be sharper. That was when the others came in. I knew they would want to take me back to the healer. But I would not until I had finished this blade.


I knew this blade could hold a very good edge, from the type of metal it was. It was very hard to forge even when it was molten. But after about two hours I had finished and submerged the blade into water. I was rewarded with a satisfying hiss of the heat, combined with the cold of the water.


They practically dragged me there, thinking I was too weak to walk myself after doing that much work in a forge I was used to those kinds of conditions; I used to be the smithy in the castle. Well anyways… we went to the high cleric's tower and argued, I knew that I did not need healing, but still they persisted in making me go. So they finally picked me up and put me on the bed.


Then chained me to the bed so I couldn't leave this time well I guess I annoyed the cleric, because she knocked me out for trying to get into a conversation with her. I woke up two hours later but kept quiet for another hour, she seemed to be watching me after she was done. But then she left to leave me to my thoughts.


Tyde


We were all arguing on if we should leave the knight here. Jason thought he should stay here, I guess he did not see the importance of Nateal, "he was willing to sacrifice himself for us, for people who he barely knows"! I stated angrily. Jason snapped back "he will get us all killed, what would have happened if there was no back door"?


I answered surprisingly calmly "he knew that castle like the back of his hand; I do not think he would have left us there to die, in fact I'm positive that he wouldn't kill us. Jason snapped angrily again "and what makes you so bloody sure"? I replied, "He has the code to follow, he could have killed us all easily when we first met, but still he raised his blade in the knights salute. Giving us time to prepare, he would not slay an undefended soul. What makes you think he would kill us"?


Jason couldn't find an answer for that so he kept quiet. And after two more hours Nateal finally came back out. We greeted him and then something weird happened, the high cleric in her white cloak came up to us. She wished to join the party and we readily accepted. Except for Nateal who didn't exactly trust her or maybe… nah It couldn't be possible