Fan Fiction ❯ castle of new hope ❯ chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19 (Deciet's P.O.V)

 

I had decided to go east, into the mountains where I could breathe easily. I was rewarded with breathtaking scenery. I looked for herbs that were also found on my planet and found a few; I put them in my pack for later alchemy. I was soon in the middle of a forest, trees surrounding me everywhere I looked.

 

I looked for any sign that Nateal or Mitch were around and found none. So I decided that I would not end my search but rather, look for things that could help us in the future. I found a few more herbs and some peculiar stones, I had kept most but then soon found darkness overtaking things so I set up camp.

 

I made a small shelter from the trees, using telekinesis to bring the branches over me. I found this made good insulation and I had plenty of firewood. I made a small fire, then laid down on the soft ground. I then saw a shadow… I looked around then I saw a large fireball flying at me at full speed. I dived to the side.

 

The fireball flew past me, and then hit a tree about seven meters from my current standing. I flipped up and took careful watch of everything, but no sounds were made. No movements were to be seen. Not even the branches moved. I drew both of my tonfas and prepared for a fight.

 

He then came out of the shadows… it was me?! He was five foot nine and looked built for speed and stealth. His hands were glowing from the fireball he had cast a moment before.

 

He looked at me then grinned. We both got into the same fighting stance. It was as if I had a twin. We both jumped forward at the exact time, and landed the exact same punches at the same time. It was like watching a cut and paste movie. He then out sped me and landed a punch to me kidney.

 

I then jumped back knowing he would slice at my liver, and as I expected he tried and missed. Seeing the opportunity I jumped over him and raked my tonfas over his back. His blood soaked trough his shirt and dripped down his back. He did not cry out or show any sign of pain… instead he laughed and said. " I am you Deciet you will die harshly. I cannot feel pain what chance do you have?"

 

I grinned as he tried to do a backspin and get both of my kidneys. "I know all of my own moves, all of my moves are instinct now. That's why I can guess your move if that's what your wondering." His eyes widened in shock as I said this and he became more furious as he came back at me again.

 

He went too high with one of his strikes and I grabbed his right arm, he tried to strike me down with his left but I grabbed that one to. Then forcing my arms back so my tonfas dug into his skin. I then went trough both bones and threw him to the ground harshly. I then bowed "this has been an opportunity… I thank you" with that I raised my tonfas and brought them down on his head.

 

I decided that was enough action for a week and I headed back to the house. Muttering that my kidney was in pain.

(Xyan's P.O.V)

 

 

I had chosen the west. Although it was populated it was farming land, Lots of places to eat and sleep without being noticed. I looked at my fore blades and smirked that human Deciet must have troubles with his blades, since they weren't a part of him. I set out to find the two smart ones that had gotten lost.

 

I could not find them… I searched for what seemed to be hours on end. I looked at a sundial in the field and found it had been twenty minutes. I decided to make this end faster and run the whole way. I soon found out the farmers have a lot more land then I thought they did.

 

I then saw myself. Five foot ten, and built for speed and magic, he also had the fore blades and the tail. He looked at me then charged. Before I knew what was happening I was on the ground on my back. Using my tail I propped myself back up. With fire in my eyes and rage consuming me. I charged back at him.

 

I hit him in the back and the knee, while his arms hit in the gut and arm. I must have hit a nerve or broken his spine, because he did not move after I hit him in the back. I stared at him for a while wondering if this was a fake. I watched him for at least an hour and then walked off… I looked back at the sundial it had been ten minutes. I groaned and headed back to Mitch's house.

 

(Pheonix's P.O.V)

 

 

I knew where both of them were; I just had not wanted to tell the others. The cleric would find Nateal. And I would get Mitch back. I made my way to the south to the river. I had bad memories of this place… but I had to go anyway I had to save hope. I jumped into the river and swam to the bottom of the river. The current tugging at me like a child would his mother, when he found something he liked.

 

I unlatched a secret lever and swam into the secret passage. I came up into the home of the guardian of water. Mitch was there in the cavern apparently still unconscious from the shock. With the legend he was attached to… the only way he could grow in power… was pain.

 

Celest wasn't here and I was thankful. I left with Mitch over my shoulder trough the same passage I had come trough. Even though he had been trough the water he had not awoken and I made camp for the night. It was late and even demons need sleep once in a while. I set up camp in a cave and made a fire to keep him warm. I then sealed the entrance with ice so no one could get in.

 

When I awoke in the morning. Mitch was awake and was looking at the sheet of ice. He then said in a calm voice. "We have to leave this place now." I nodded and took the ice down then we both started off. After an hours walking we saw, Copies of ourselves. I muttered to myself "Blast the old man!" I tossed Mitch a piece of paper with a name on it and yelled "get out of here they will kill you if you do not!"

He looked at me pleadingly then saw something in my eyes. And ran back to the direction. I drew my sword and looked at the two copies of Mitch and me. I stabbed the copy of Mitch in the heart and took my copies sword in the stomach… I swung my sword high and decapitated him.

 

In his final act of desperation he had drawn a second sword. As he fell he fell on me. His sword aimed right at my heart…

 

 

I had died but something remained of me. Fire ignited the three bodies and a phoenix

Landed beside my corpse, grabbed something from the ashes and flew off…