Fan Fiction ❯ castle of new hope ❯ Tyde chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N
I would like to dedicate this to chapter to Alithiel Kluk. Although I have not met you I would like to thank you for inspiring me to write this chapter…and I would like to thank my reviewers. They know who they are

Chapter 20 (Tyde's P.O.V)

 

It had been a long time since I had looked to my past… as I went north to the caves I slowly remembered all.

(Flashback)


I was fifteen… I noticed my parent's tears in their eyes as they hugged me. They said they would be back soon… but something in me told me they wouldn't be… what could be so monstrous to attack us? We have no feuds with anyone or anything. I watched as my parents went into the line of dragons and morphed. I slinked down to the ground, knowing that they would not come back.

(End Flashback)

 

Shaking my head, and ignoring the tears that would betray my stubbornness. I slowly made my way up the steps into the caves. I made it up in less then half an hour… then I searched trough the dark damp caves; although I fond nothing I knew something was watching me.

 

I turned to eight people there, all in full Armour and had clubs… also short swords. They weren't meant to kill me… just to capture me. Bringing my axe out of its holster I waited for them to attack. The first two barreled at me and I swung my axe heavily, slicing trough one like butter and getting stuck in the rib cage of the other.

 

By this time the other six had surrounded me. I noticed something in the shadows but I paid no mind to it. Bringing my axe up out of the ribs of the man. They were watching me and waiting for me to attack them so they could blindside me… I think not!

 

Taking the huge axe by the end of it, I used it like a baseball bat and killed all but one. He charged at me and I grabbed his throat, he struggled as I snapped his neck… he then went limp. My rage was boiling out of me at this time, and the shadow dweller came out.

 

She was about 5'9 and held some object… it looked like a mace but it was only four inches long, I could tell the magic in it was powerful; although I tried I could not overcome my rage and I charged at her. While I did so I saw something then I was knocked out… unfortunately bringing back all of my memories.

(Flashback)

although they did not want me to I followed them… me being small at the time was hard to detect and stealthy… as I followed them I was rained on by a shower of tears and blood. It was a black dragon. This is what had my kin had worried about? No black could take on a whole clan of greens…

 

Although we had the clan… he was killing them steadily and not allowing them any chances to live. After three minutes of fighting… all but my parent have been slaughtered. My father roared his curses at the black and he just grinned. He then looked at me and drew his breath…

 

I saw the black fire coming at me and I knew I should move, but my legs had a different idea. I waited there… to die. I saw my father as he flew and took the fireball. He had a huge gash in his side from it and could not fly. My mother was petrified and would not move.

 

I saw the black dragon fly to my father who drew his last breath and tried to use his poison… but it was too late. The black had sliced open his chest and took out his heart. He then looked at me while he ate it… tears protruded down my face as he did this, and I slinked to the ground once again.

 

He then looked at my mother and grinned as a dragon could… "Maybe I could find some use for you… will you come with me if I spare your child?" He grinned maliciously. "Or I could have another snack"…she looked at him with shock, anger and most of all… fear, she then nodded

 

The black turned to me again and said. "The name is Hitsume… remember it as the one that has spared your life." Although I did not cry out I saw him smirk and fly off. My mother in tow then made my way back to the camp… everyone I loved or have ever known was dead…

(End flashback)

 

I awoke in a dark room… three walls and no one else in here, why would she just leave me alone? Then I realized the chains keeping me bound to the wall and roof. I struggled to break them loose from the wall but to no avail, they would not move.

 

About an hour later someone came in. She had long black hair and gold eyes. Highly unlikely she was a normal human. She asked, "How are you doing my pet?" I glared at her coldly but something wasn't right. And then I noticed it… my magic was gone somehow.

 

I yelled angrily at her "Where has my magic gone Wench!" She grinned as she flipped her hair back and watched me curiously. "I have taken your magic for myself… do you have any other questions for me?" I strained the chains and the harsh metal bit into my skin, drawing a tiny trickle of blood on each of my wrists.

 

She started to bring the short mace up to my chest, and slowly brought it down to my abdomen. It had felt like she brought a sword trough that whole area but there was no mark… I bit down on my tongue to keep from screaming out in agony. "I will break you my pet… and then bring you to my master. You should be thankful I'm one of the nicer ones."

 

I groaned in pain as she stated this… who would want me broken? She grinned as she said, "my name is mistress Deanna. And I will be the one to break you." She smirked coldly as she put the mace to my while tilting the mace to the side slightly… it opened my arm like it was butter. I still bit down on my tongue as she did this… I would not give up my dignity to the bitch…

 

She frowned sadly "this will be much easier if you scream… it takes some of the pain away some say…" she took the mace by the chain and started to beat me with it. Causing instant bruises, every time she hit me I almost cringed in pain. I could not take much more of this… so I took my dignity and put in a part of my brain which would only be triggered by something in the future…

 

She soon tired of beating me and looked at me. "You cannot have any sleep tonight you have not earned it". She then took the chains off the walls and let me collapse onto the ground, knowing that sleep would not come as long as she was living. I decided I would get the chains off the hook on the roof and try to overpower her.

 

I quickly got the chains off the roof, and then watching as she went into bed. Waiting for the opportune moment to kill her. I looked at her face once more right before I snapped her pitiful body in two… I then crawled into the bed… finding peace in my old powers coming back to me