Fan Fiction ❯ castle of new hope ❯ chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 21 (Tyde's P.O.V)

 

I awoke about an hour later. The chills and my gouged arm had pained me enough… and I had to deal with the stench of death beside me. I quickly ripped up the quilt and made a makeshift bandage, knowing it would be most painful tightening it to the best of my abilities. I growled in pain as I did this…

 

I looked around the house thinking to myself. "Why would someone that powerful attack me? They had no reason other to bring me to her boss…" I growled as I noticed a knock on the door. I grabbed my axe from her room and stood to the side. Then the door blew open with the force of an avalanche. Standing there was Nateal.

 

"What have you been up too old friend?" grinning and laughing nervously he soon followed up with "sorry it took so long, I got… delayed." "Your help is always welcome, but you did come too late. There was a woman but she is now dead..." "You had been given such scars by a woman?" he was thunderstruck.

 

I nodded and went to grab the mace she had. When I had found it I put it on my pocket thinking I could perhaps use it later. I looked at Nateal again… he seemed to be another man then the one I knew but I shrugged it off… probably changed, humans seem to do that often enough.

 

He grinned, "What's taking you? Lets get out of this hellhole… I have Armour to make." "What's wrong with the Armour you have on?" "… It's scratched…"I laughed openly at this, knowing the knight would probably be more serious then ever when he got back to the group.

 

We walked to the east in almost a silence. He never asked me what had happened and I respected that. I did not want to relive what had happened to me… when finally we decided we were lost. Tyde grumbled, "Why must I have bad directions all the time… I thought we were heading south…" I laughed, "We are heading east! Didn't you know that? You would think the knight hood would teach you this "

 

He went cold at this… and did not say a word. I knew I should not have brought up the knighthood but I guess it was the only thing to say. I looked at him… his normal grey lifeless eyes had been filled with emotion but he would never admit this. We walked in silence as we made our way back… this time no one spoke.

 

We had returned to the house about a day later. With no sleep and being drenched from the rain, we were both pretty edgy. Nateal went into the bathroom to have a shower. Which Mitch had sown us how to use. We had all marveled at the sight but soon became bored with this, and moved to something much more interesting… the telephone.

 

I soon went to a guest room as he called it and fell asleep in all my bloodied clothes. Not caring for the bed or anything else… just sleep.

 

(Khadgin's P.O.V)

After the long time I had spent in the healing rooms. I had noticed a blade to my right. I spent a long time glaring at the blade. Knowing I could do nothing with it I simply put a spell on it. And left. The Blood mage would pay dearly for his treachery… then pushing these thoughts out of his mind and focusing on the real problem… the adventurers.

 

I went to the room of seeing once again, glaring at everything in the small room. The walls… and the pond in the floor… looking into the pond I saw the adventurers. Watched them fight their clones. The blood mages worked in mysterious ways and this was one of them.

 

Clones were their finest piece in the "•stone of destinies". Although the blood mages were good at them, no one could perfect this art. I could feel the power of the stone to the east… it could be any planet or realm. I decided to make things easier on the blood mage. Casting a simple curse on him…

 

(Deciet's P.O.V)

 

Sitting on the couch watching the others had made me… restless? I am still having troubles with this new language… some words do not make sense to me at all. Remembering the frightening encounter with myself. I had realized I had fought out of instinct, not my regular fighting style…

 

I grabbed my tonfas and headed out. Seeking somewhere I could train. Soon finding what I was looking for… it was a small building with the Japanese word "Karate" on the side of it. Deciding against my better judgment I went in.

 

There was only a human dressed in pure white, with a golden black belt adorning the white. He looked at me with curiosity in his eyes. "What are you doing here? I had thought I locked up for today…" "I am terribly sorry… I was looking for a place to train, I thought this was a place I could." "This is not a place to train this is a teaching place… but if you want to be trained I may be able to help you"

 

He grabbed two short swords and span them with ease. "Lets see what you got," charging at me with precision and immense skill you could only obtain with years of practice. He somehow got behind me and brought the swords down on my back. Fortunately these were training weapons not real weapons.

 

My back now had two fine lines muttering in pain I dived forward and sheathed my tonfas. Then running to the wall with immense speed grabbing two that were hanging there. He grinned and nodded at this. "This may be a good fight my friend!" Charging at him this time, as too have to have the upper hand. But he just shifted his weight, causing me to overbalance and hit the floor… Hard

he looked at me. "You have the true spirit of a warrior… but you think too much." "How can you think too much in a battle? If you being aimed at by an archer what would you do?" "To put it bluntly I would catch the arrow… because I only think or the arrow, not the enemy." "You mean your telling me to watch out only for the weapon? Or whatever is attacking me?" He grinned, "That is for you to find out."

 

I looked at him then at my tonfas and closed my eyes. "You wouldn't happen to have a blindfold would you?" "Of course I do what do you think I am?" He threw the blindfold at me and I quickly put it over my eyes. Not seeing my enemy but hearing was all I wanted. Only to know where he was.

 

The man slowly circled me not knowing what I was attempting to do. He then lunged at me with those two short swords. Without him noticing I dropped down to the floor, then when he was over my back. Threw my back out of place and launched him to the roof.
Not knowing what I had just done I quickly took off the blindfold.

 

"I am sorry I had not expected to do that" he smiled at his place in the wall and replied. " You are done. You have vastly improved on your skills. There is no need to worry about me." I nodded slowly and made my way out… dropping the training tonfas at the door. Making my way back to the house I noticed a machine coming at me at great speeds. And stopping beside the house… this was a shit ass week.