Fan Fiction ❯ castle of new hope ❯ chapter 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 22 (Ace's P.O.V)

I walked into the bar on Thursday 7:13 AM. Not knowing what to expect I grabbed the bounties. Not enough to live off of but it would work for today… I went back to the black Lamborghini Diablo. Where my brother was waiting. "What took you ace? Something seems to have worried you today."

I shook my head. "Meh you know how it is… I can't believe we kill people to live. Especially after what had happened in the army." His face grew dark as I spoke of the past. "Don't you ever talk about the past again… Is that clear!" Nodding to my elder brother we started to drive off.

 

The two of us drove off in silence, so I decided I would check up on my equipment. Looking into the back I found two shotguns, 4 browning 9 mms, 4 knives, a sword, a sniper rifle, and last but certainly not least… my custom sniper rifle. With the attached laser pointer and more gunpowder then any other on the market. It had the power to take off a head of a human at 300 meters.

 

My brother looked at me. "So what are you now? 5,11 200 pounds? Brown hair, and a menacing face that could kill a horse?" I hit him playfully in the arm and he grinned. Then making myself look at the bounty… or to be assassinated. Taking one look at the sheet I yelled, "Take a left here!" he complied easily, the steering of the car being modified along with everything else.

 

We stopped at the warehouse that the man was supposed to be at, thinking we wouldn't need it… threw away the sheet. Grabbing my sniper rifle I made my way to a post on the other side of the building behind two crates and a barrel. My brother broke open the door with his shoulder unawares of the people inside of it.

 

My brother was overrun by about twenty people, somehow they looked crazed and started biting him. He started screaming for me to end his misery. Tears streamed down my face as I watched, unable to do anything. I would finish his last wish… I aimed slowly and pulled the trigger. Putting a bullet right in-between his eyes…

 

Knowing I could do nothing for him I ran to the car. I saw one thing as I drove past the insanity… they had painted the names, "Tyde, Mitch, Nateal, Deciet" in my brothers blood. Tears welled up and threatened to protrude my cheeks but I forced them back as I drove off… I had a feeling that these people knew something or were the reason that my brother was dead.

 

I also thought they could help me. In fact… I knew that. Looking to the papers I found each of the names was there all right, each of them with a 20,000 bounty on each head. Looking at the place I groaned. Toronto would be a little drive, maybe an hour if I sped. Looking at the car my brother had never let me drive… tested its power.

 

I punched the gas, Going from 0-60 MPH in about 3.2 seconds. I had no idea of what true potential this car could go at but I was about to find out. Going over the bridge had been the easy part… now the twenty that had killed my brother were chasing me. Almost faster then the bloody car! Which at the moment was at sign of the speedometer. 110 MPH, 120 MPH, Fuckin Nuts.

 

Just then one jumped in front of me… so I did the only sensible thing a man would do in my state of mind. I hit him. His knees cracked outwards at the pressure as he went over the car. Fortunately not damaging the car but only himself, and the ground as he was hurled ten feet into the air before crashing down into the pavement.

 

Grinning to myself at testing the car think plexi-lass windshield. I was soon rewarded with a slam into a brick wall. Crying out in surprise my head met with the steering wheel. Drawing a trickle of blood… being in this state of dazedness I did not know the things were surrounding the car.

 

Regaining my conscience I grabbed my guns. There were 10 here… where were the others? Disregarding the thought I counted my ammo. 8 clips for the Browning's… 20 shotgun shells… ignoring the fact that the things were almost in the car I grabbed the knives and stuffed them into secret sleeves, along with 2 Browning's. Grabbing a shotgun and my sniper rifle… leaving the sword… I would probably need that later

 

Opening the window of the car I shot the closest thing in the head with my shotgun. The brains flying everywhere, the rest of them gathered around the body and started… Eating it?! Taking out my browning 9 mm's I shot nine bullets, each of them embedding themselves into a skull of one of them.

 

Sitting down leaning my back on the car. I let my tears spew forth. Bringing back unwanted memories of killing innocents for money… for me and my brother to live. I could not do this line of work anymore. Looking at my guns I thought to myself, "I hate these guns now… I'll give them up when I like to use them."

 

Seeing a blur of movement I whipped out my shotgun. This was going to get ugly… I needed a car and they were getting closer. Seeing it lunge at me I aimed my shotgun and blew its head off. The brains scattered everywhere even on myself. Muttering evilly on how the gods hated me I wiped the shit off of me.

 

Reloading my shotgun I started walking… noticing a car on the side of the road I quickly took out my lock picking utensils. Grinning at my good fortune I easily did this, then hotwired the car. Driving as fast as the little ford could go. Driving over another one of the helpless bastards was satisfying.

 

Getting to the city of Toronto was simple enough. I noticed a looming shadow but paid no mind to it… figuring it was some clouds. Getting to the address was simple. I noticed the one called Deciet walking across the road. Slamming on the breaks I got out with all of my weapons.

 

I told him to get in the house gun drawn. He quickly nodded and went in. not showing any fear of the gun I held in my hands. Telling everyone to get down was… difficult. They would not and when I shot one of them with the Armour, on he quickly took me down with his sword.

 

(Nateal's P.O.V)

 

Holding the blade level with his neck was surprisingly easy. After using a smithy hammer for a couple hours you remember your old strength. I took the smithies hammer after leaving a small portion of gold… hanging it off his back.

at the time only I and him were here. I growled out "take a seat and drop your weapons…" he did so calmly and slowly… knowing if he moved quickly his head would be severed. "Why did you come here? We have no need for someone such as you." "I think you may be wrong… I think something is coming here…"

 

Just then I heard it… huge feet coming this way. Must have been over 50,000 pounds because the whole bloody foundation was moving. I went out and checked outside to see…